Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:56:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Polkadot or Binance Smart Chain?  (Read 983 times)
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 03:13:39 PM

I don't agree that polcadot is better than ethereum.
The polcadot network can serve no more than 100 parachains; with their further increase, performance problems in the mainnet will begin.
Now there are more than 300 projects in the polcadot network, and they will have to compete for places.
These restrictions will prevent all projects from developing successfully.

Thanks for pointing that out. Increased network activity should be a real concern for Polkadot's performance in the long run. It could become as clogged as Ethereum if demand soars like crazy. That won't be a problem with Binance Smart Chain due to its utterly-centralized design. Most people don't care about decentralization these days, so they'll switch from DOT to BNB if the Polkadot's performance declines in the future. It's all a matter of searching for the next big thing in crypto.

I believe that smart contract platforms should focus on working together instead of competing against each other. Only then, crypto/Blockchain land will be a better place. Polkadot could complement Ethereum in times when the latter becomes extremely clogged. Binance Smart Chain could complement both Polkadot and Ethereum, serving as the ideal smart contract platform for businesses, and companies alike. There's nearly a blockchain for everything, each with their respective advantages/disadvantages from the other. Time will tell us each project's level of success depending on development progress, and mainstream adoption. Just my thoughts Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptoblivion

Activity: 43
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 24, 2021, 08:38:20 PM

I don't agree that polcadot is better than ethereum.
The polcadot network can serve no more than 100 parachains; with their further increase, performance problems in the mainnet will begin.
Now there are more than 300 projects in the polcadot network, and they will have to compete for places.
These restrictions will prevent all projects from developing successfully.

Thanks for pointing that out. Increased network activity should be a real concern for Polkadot's performance in the long run. It could become as clogged as Ethereum if demand soars like crazy. That won't be a problem with Binance Smart Chain due to its utterly-centralized design. Most people don't care about decentralization these days, so they'll switch from DOT to BNB if the Polkadot's performance declines in the future. It's all a matter of searching for the next big thing in crypto.

I believe that smart contract platforms should focus on working together instead of competing against each other. Only then, crypto/Blockchain land will be a better place. Polkadot could complement Ethereum in times when the latter becomes extremely clogged. Binance Smart Chain could complement both Polkadot and Ethereum, serving as the ideal smart contract platform for businesses, and companies alike. There's nearly a blockchain for everything, each with their respective advantages/disadvantages from the other. Time will tell us each project's level of success depending on development progress, and mainstream adoption. Just my thoughts Grin

Totally agree, there will hardly be just one solution for all purposes and that's why both networks/projects will succeed in their niche. BUT compared to each other in the sense of CMC it'll probably be BSC who's gonna be bigger. Nonetheless I'll stick to DOT because of the save rewards which come with staking.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but let's reheat this topic: How's your opinion half a year later? How many promising projects have been initiated?
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 25, 2021, 09:53:23 PM

I can't judge Polkadot as it hasn't launched completely yet. Parachains' auctions are only going to start in November, but I am sure that it will be a huge hype as there are many people who are interested in investing in it.

If comparing BSC and Polkadot, I think that Polkadot bypasses BSC in many respects. First of all, Polkadot is decentralised. Secondly, I suppose that Polkadot will be faster as it can run several transactions at the same time using several payment channels.
LordMiguel

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

ITSMYNE

View Profile
October 25, 2021, 10:01:29 PM

IF I AM To choose between all these smart contract platform. i will go with solana. it is faster and cheaper and more more secured than binance smart chain and polkadot. Solana has what it takes to be identify as the ethereum killer. Binance smart chain is centralized and controlled by the owner. Polkadot on the other hand is complicating. So many projects having their own smart contract chain in the same blockchain. it makes no sense.

Matteorsini

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 10:10:00 AM

There's been a lot of hype surrounding Polkadot these days. The alternative smart contract platform is definitely faster and cheaper to use than Ethereum itself. It's already within the top ranks in market cap. Yet, people have forgotten about Binance Smart Chain these days. This smart contract platform is as cheap and fast as Polkadot (someone correct me if I'm wrong), serving as a great alternative to the Ethereum blockchain. What these platforms lack is a solid number of dApps to overcome Ethereum. There doesn't seem to be any indication that developers are going to build new and exciting dApps on both chains. As long as Ethereum has the most dApps and tokens, its rivals won't be able to stand a chance against it.

Now the question is, which of the aforementioned platforms is better? AFAIK, Binance Smart Chain (powered by BNB) has a greater level of centralization than Polkadot itself. This should make the latter platform a much better choice for everyday people. Still, there's potential for BNB as it could attract businesses and companies in the mainstream world. Which will survive in the long run, is an excellent question. Thoughts? Huh
I am more than excited to see the final result of this powerful Paybswap DEX connecting Binance smart chain to Polkadot and Etehreum using bridge modules. BSC , Polkadot and Ethereum are the future of DeFI and Paybswap aims to connect them all in one place. That blows my mind off.
BlackRexuz

Activity: 270
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2021, 11:49:20 AM

until the time i hold the BSC coin. user friendly platform and one of the cheapest transaction fees compared to many others. I haven't tried Polkadot yet because it hasn't been fully launched yet. BSC has the opportunity to attract companies compared to Polkadot
bandungan

Activity: 798
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 02:20:06 PM

polkadot seems to be getting serious about developing the network and challenging the BSC.  judging by the many statements that polkadot is currently the network with one of the best.  polka dot functionality is also very nice and relevant for transactions.  may be able to compete with BSC for low cost network in the future
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 02:42:26 PM

Polkadot is a network that feels very fast and low cost, now more and more devs. who developed the polka-dot platform so that it will become a serious competitor to BSC in the future, I hope there is a big platform like Pancake swap so that it will make polkadot great.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
triat

Activity: 1176
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 02:58:26 PM

until the time i hold the BSC coin. user friendly platform and one of the cheapest transaction fees compared to many others. I haven't tried Polkadot yet because it hasn't been fully launched yet. BSC has the opportunity to attract companies compared to Polkadot
in the bsc there is much more commission than in the dot, well, the speed of work, as for me, in the regiment is now much faster. But the fact is that the bsc have long been launched, the regiment is regarding their baby.
PhucS

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 03:55:31 PM

Polkadot is a network that feels very fast and low cost, now more and more devs. who developed the polka-dot platform so that it will become a serious competitor to BSC in the future, I hope there is a big platform like Pancake swap so that it will make polkadot great.
I agree with your opinion. Currently, the Polkadot network and its ecosystem are highly appreciated, its development potential in the future is huge. With fast transaction execution, low transaction fees, I think more and more people will love Polkadot. Currently, BSC still has more advantages, but in the future, Polkadot will be a very strong competitor to BSC.
Sir Legend

Activity: 1792
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 03:56:06 PM

I think polkadot has the potential to beat BSC, a lot of users are satisfied with Polkadot's performance, something that will piss devs off. immediately switch to the Polkadot platform, especially since BSC transaction fees continue to rise, so they have to look for a better and cheaper alternative, namely polkadot.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 04:32:18 PM

but Polkadot is far behind Binance Smart Chain in terms of using. BSC attracts many users and developers but Polkadot ecosystem needs some programs for promoting its blockchain.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 04:38:20 PM

I think polkadot has the potential to beat BSC, a lot of users are satisfied with Polkadot's performance, something that will piss devs off. immediately switch to the Polkadot platform, especially since BSC transaction fees continue to rise, so they have to look for a better and cheaper alternative, namely polkadot.
BSC is also becoming the new ethereum where to send minute amount of money you have to spend a lot of money in the transaction fees, I guess it is the same for every network where the price of the coin increases the transaction fees also increase due to more congested network and delays in money transfer. Polkadot being new and less known, new projects can shift to it or choose it which could benefit both, the developers and investors.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Valak

Activity: 743
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 06:53:36 PM

Cryptocurrency traders say that Polkadot is a blockchain network with speed and scalability.
The dominance among smart contract blockchains is well underway like binance smart chain, Etherscan etc.
Polkadot is one product that is thought to be part of the future of cryptocurrencies.
mbakruroh

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 07:32:08 PM

There's been a lot of hype surrounding Polkadot these days. The alternative smart contract platform is definitely faster and cheaper to use than Ethereum itself. It's already within the top ranks in market cap. Yet, people have forgotten about Binance Smart Chain these days. This smart contract platform is as cheap and fast as Polkadot (someone correct me if I'm wrong), serving as a great alternative to the Ethereum blockchain. What these platforms lack is a solid number of dApps to overcome Ethereum. There doesn't seem to be any indication that developers are going to build new and exciting dApps on both chains. As long as Ethereum has the most dApps and tokens, its rivals won't be able to stand a chance against it.
Polkadot with the advantages of high scalability and low cost is a hits in the world of crypto networks.. Binance smart chain is very popular because it is a solution from Ethereum at that time with a very high gas cost.. But right now competition in the world of blockchain networks has become very interesting lately.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
TomArayaSlaya

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

https://hovr.site/

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2021, 07:35:13 PM

Polkadot is likely to surpass BNB sooner or later considering that dot is not an ethereum clone but a ground up system to accommodate other chains and also much more better system that promise better interpolarity cross chain and many other use case So I think personally Is going to do much more better but binance have already developed defi games nfts and so many things that it will be hard to lose all those to another chain So basically another day another competition

illiki23

Activity: 602
Merit: 295

Hail Eris!

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 07:47:23 PM

The potentially centralized nature of BSC kind of defeats the whole point.  Yeah anyone can become a validator... technically... but with the very low number of validators allowed and the uneven distribution of assets you have to trust they aren't at any time partially controlled by some group (including you Binance with your centralized exchange).  Yes it gets faster transactions this way but one of the whole points of crypto is we are ok with a less efficient system (for now) in return for not having to trust anyone is not influencing things.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███    

██████████

██████    

███████████

███████████████    

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████

na]][/font][/font][/size][/font][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table][/tr
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1172

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 07:51:52 PM

I am surprised about the things I read about this comparison between BNB and Polkadot... to be honest, I am a BNB user, I didn't try Polkadot yet! My road to BNB wasn't simple, before BNB I used other chains and BNB came as very good, a lot better than the ones I was using before!

Definitely, this thread and some comments affected me, I will take a closer look at Polkadot and if I like it I will definitely try it!

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2021, 09:41:34 PM

I am surprised about the things I read about this comparison between BNB and Polkadot... to be honest, I am a BNB user, I didn't try Polkadot yet! My road to BNB wasn't simple, before BNB I used other chains and BNB came as very good, a lot better than the ones I was using before!

Definitely, this thread and some comments affected me, I will take a closer look at Polkadot and if I like it I will definitely try it!

Well, BNB has a lot more uses such as in the Defi space but Polkadot is also working on it to crease real use case (with their parachains). Furthermore, it is an interesting coin because of the staking. On most sites you get up to 12% so it adds up quickly.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2021, 10:39:30 PM

BNB has always been tied to many platforms that have great potential and I see if Polkadot releases web3 well then it can be done on Binance too and if from experience so far I still choose Binance as one of the best platforms of choice. However, if the polkadot platform has been fully released, then it is not wrong if we also use the platform to carry out our trading activities because as ordinary people, of course there are no limits to doing this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: