Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:18:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sweeping Dogecoin from a Paperwallet  (Read 99 times)
shadallion (OP)

Activity: 304
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 04:59:58 PM

I have an old paper wallet I generated years ago with some DOGE on it.  I'd like to sweep those funds and secure some more safely on a hardware wallet, and sell some for BTC.

I have not been able to find a single resource online with instructions on how to sweep from a paper wallet for DOGE.  There's plenty for bitcoin, and there's some odl stuff that references now-defunct services, but I cannot find current instructions.

Has anyone recently had success in sweeping DOGE from a private key?  I tried to use my Ballet PRO wallet because I heard that worked for sweeping BTC + forks from Casascius and other physical coins, but it didn't work with this old dogecoin paper wallet.

Thanks!
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blucepheus
Copper Member

Activity: 531
Merit: 212

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 01:03:12 AM

bump, also wondering
MishaSER

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

BIB Exchange

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 08:46:45 AM

I just found a video on youtube, take a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h0evKALX1o
I think there is a lot of information on your question, you just need to look.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6269

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2021, 09:42:50 PM

If you install the full dogecoin desktop wallet all you need to do is help -> debug window -> console -> importprivkey and put in your private key from your wallet.

For multidoge from https://multidoge.org/help/v0.1/help_importASingleKey.html
How to import a single private key

You can import a single private key into MultiDoge that you have produced externally, perhaps by vanitygen or www.bitaddress.org.

The easiest way to get the format exactly right is:

Create a new wallet saved to a file, say, example.wallet.
    Export the private keys, WITHOUT A PASSWORD, to a file example.key.
    Open up the key file in a text editor. There is a big comment at the top that describes the format. It is simply lines, each line containing the sipa format key - beginning with 5 - and the key creation date in a particular format. You will have an example in there to copy as a new wallet has one key in it.
    Add in your new key and a date a bit before when you created it.
    Import the key file back into the wallet.
    MultiDoge will then replay the blocks to get the transactions and work out the balance.

TIDY UP: It is good idea to then secure delete the key file so it is not lying around. If you want a quick key backup you can do another key export but add a password so that the key export file is encrypted.

Once you do that you can send the doge to wherever you want.

For mobile wallets, not all support importing / sweeping private keys. So those will require a bit more looking around for answers.

Although a lot of people do not like it, Coinomi does have a sweep function:
https://coinomi.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/29000009716-migrating-from-other-wallets-into-coinomi

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀