Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 06:12:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you make friends when you're 30+?  (Read 240 times)
AAPPKK (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 02:46:47 AM

After many, many years of avoiding most of my neighbors I have spent the last year forcing myself to befriend and actually get to know the people around me (we moved here a year ago so new scenery new outlook I guess). One neighbor sucks butt, three neighbors are awesome, another neighbor is weird (like, weird for me), the new family is great but with something Mormon-y about them.

It's really nice. I like these people and I'm glad they're around my family.
playyamy

Activity: 43
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 02:48:30 AM

My story; I recently switched jobs and I hadn't met any of my coworkers due to corona.

I saw a coworkers Volvo V60 (my dream car) was up for grabs and I was the only one who showed interest in taking it, so I went by his house to see it; We started talking and it turned out we shared a lot of common interests; BBQ, Beers, Whiskey & sigars. He mentioned that he and some other coworkers had a little club and they got together for slowcooking sessions! I instanly became best friends with half the management at my company!
KARSASA

Activity: 30
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 02:48:52 AM

I'm not 30+ yet (28), but I've had good luck with just dating. We're all pretty lonely and if you go into the first date with the attitude to find a friend rather than a life-long companion, you'll usually have some pretty good luck.
PEANUTUT

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 02:49:19 AM

A good question. Being 30+ , I do find it more difficult to make friends these days. Covid doesn't help the situation.

But it comes down to finding people with similar interests or a shared activity. And just putting yourself out there a bit. Some times you might fall flat on your face. But most of the time you start a conversation with someone and go from there.
BAOLann

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 02:49:55 AM

1If you have at least one friend, or know any other humans that you feel you can stand for longer than a few hours, find similar interests you have and this can lead to them introducing you to other people with the same interest (music, sports, gaming, etc.)

2NEVER turn down an invitation. Even if you're not feeling up to it, or feeling lazy, just go. You can always leave if you're not feeling it. But perhaps you might end up meeting someone who has the potential for friendship!

Its obviously hard now with COVID and so many social restrictions, but hang in there!
viperor

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 02:51:53 AM

My story; I recently switched jobs and I hadn't met any of my coworkers due to corona.

I saw a coworkers Volvo V60 (my dream car) was up for grabs and I was the only one who showed interest in taking it, so I went by his house to see it; We started talking and it turned out we shared a lot of common interests; BBQ, Beers, Whiskey & sigars. He mentioned that he and some other coworkers had a little club and they got together for slowcooking sessions! I instanly became best friends with half the management at my company!
Those are some niche interests. Its extremely rare for two men to share those interests. Chance a million.
Photony

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 02:52:32 AM

Join clubs of activities you enjoy. Talk to the people at your job. Write a message to your old classmates or friends. Meet your neighbours.
KBIGHTTT

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 02:53:09 AM

Join clubs of activities you enjoy. Talk to the people at your job. Write a message to your old classmates or friends. Meet your neighbours.
Agreed. Also you can find likeminded people that way... volunteering or getting a part time job in something you are actually interested might help to. I think getting out there is tough enough but to actually make a friend you'll have to break the ice and take "the next step" by asking a person to hang out with you. Friend date!
GALALAGA

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 02:53:42 AM

After many, many years of avoiding most of my neighbors I have spent the last year forcing myself to befriend and actually get to know the people around me (we moved here a year ago so new scenery new outlook I guess). One neighbor sucks butt, three neighbors are awesome, another neighbor is weird (like, weird for me), the new family is great but with something Mormon-y about them.

ZOOOOM

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 02:58:27 AM

I gained a new group of friends by getting super involved with people organizing our neighborhood! I was super nervous to go (and made my partner go with me to the first meeting) but now I consider them some of my closest friends after just a year and a half. Find something you're interested in or that you're wanting to know more about and join in casually. Right now is a really great time to do it, too with everything on zoom.
bitterguy28

Activity: 2058
Merit: 181

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2021, 03:01:19 AM

Never fake yourself once you are making friends and what you are doing FORCING YOURSELF to be friend is a total Fake move.

If you want to have friend so Just be your self , be truthful . BEcause the word FRIEND is far different from having a NEIGHBOOR because friend is someone who knows you more and you knows Him more .

So Let it be, if they will become your friend then thanks but of not then they don't deserve your friend .

Finley Teller

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 08:05:34 AM

When I am 30 years old, I may not be willing to actively make friends. I will only keep in touch with old friends. New friends may be introduced through old friends.
Eddie Jefferson

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 08:09:48 AM

When I was 30, I would meet new people through my work, or when I travelled.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 06:25:35 PM

I am still at my 20+ so I am a bit curious about your question does it change how you interact and make friends as you grow older?
Isn't it the same you talk and find some things you like in common and continue to talk about it and then boom you just made a new friend.
Because that is how I usually made some friends ever since I was a kid I would talk to other person or they would talk to me and we would find something that is common to us and we would hang out and keep some updates.

boyptc

Activity: 3052
Merit: 681

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 07:49:45 PM

You make friends with people who have the same interest as you. You join clubs or get to join webinars with the subject that you're interested with.

Like for people who likes to know more about cryptocurrency, you'll meet many people there but you're only going to talk with a few of them and another few for the keeps. I think you have found good people based from your description.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
Renampun

Activity: 2352
Merit: 365

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2021, 10:59:58 PM

by removing my ego and a little pride...
When we first moved into my house now, my husband and I are new people in our neighborhood, there are no friends or relatives, we are trying our best to attract the sympathy of our neighbors so that they can accept us in this environment and it works, I am grateful to have neighbors who are quite attentive to us.

▆█    █▆
    ▆█      ████    ████      █▆
████      ████    ████      ████
▀███▄    ████   ████    ▄███▀
    ▀████████   ████████▀
           ▀▀████    ████▀▀
I|I|I         LOW LATENCY &         
           HIGH THROUGHPUT        
     SUBNET TECHNOLOGY        

▄▄███████▄▄
                        ▄██████████████▄
            〓〓〓〓〓〓▄███████████████████▄〓〓〓〓〓〓
        〓〓〓        ▄█████████████████████▄        〓〓〓
     〓〓〓      〓〓 ▄███████████████████████▄  〓〓     〓〓〓
 〓〓〓        〓〓   █████████████████████████     〓〓      〓〓〓
▅          ▅        ██████████████████████████        ▅         ▅
 〓〓〓      〓〓〓   █████████████████████████    〓〓〓      〓〓〓     
     〓〓〓     〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓      〓〓〓       
         〓〓〓       ▀█████████████████████▀        〓〓〓
              〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓〓
                        ▀███████████████▀
                           ▀▀███████▀▀
    PERFECT FIT   
   FOR DEPIN        
I|I|I 
▄███████████████████▄
████▄░▄░███████▀▄████
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀████
██████████▀▀▀    ████
█████▀▀▀   ▄▀   █████
██      ▄█▀     █████
█████████      ██████
███████████▄   ██████
█████████████▄▄██████
▀███████████████████▀
SUNNY F

Activity: 17

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 01:12:38 AM

I do not know.
I am now in my twenties, and the way to make friends is work and study.
There is no other way.
TOM B

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 01:14:38 AM

Maybe through work, make some work partners,
Maybe through travel, I met some like-minded friends.
Probably through introduction, friends of friends.
BENSON F

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 01:16:19 AM

The circle of friends over 30 has basically stabilized.
Those who can chat are friends who have been for many years.
Basically, everyone does not have time to meet new people, to understand new people.
The easiest way is to work with a partner.
KINVAN e

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 01:19:38 AM

When you hang out with friends, you will meet some new friends.
Everyone will bring new friends, and through communication, they will make new friends.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: