Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:59:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If you join Bitcoin due to Musk's tweet, remember to DCA!!!  (Read 41 times)
RainbowcityDAO (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 06:54:40 AM

To all newcomers arriving in BTC-world today: don't go all in.

Buy a little bit now, a little bit tomorrow, etc.

You don't want to get burned on your frist day entering the crypto-world (yes, you may not get burned, but a retest of something like 35k is likely, so stay rational and dollar-cost-average).

edit: thanks for the rewards. i think they are my first ones ;-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FAKerOR

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 06:55:16 AM

Everyone does what's the best for them. I usually buy Bitcoin once a week - only the money I can afford to lose. This DCA calculator might help to decide what will work best for you.

Bitcoin isn't a 'get rich quick' scheme, it's more about 'not getting poor slowly'.
XIYEXIYE

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 06:55:57 AM

So you say we buy it and stack it and we use it in the future when we are ready? I’ve always wondered how I enter this community. I feel like you guys are the wolfs of the Wall Street internet world lol. I got $100 Bitcoin on Gemini, you say a good start is to buy whenever I can & save it?

xiaohuhu

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 06:57:04 AM

So you say we buy it and stack it and we use it in the future when we are ready? I’ve always wondered how I enter this community. I feel like you guys are the wolfs of the Wall Street internet world lol. I got $100 Bitcoin on Gemini, you say a good start is to buy whenever I can & save it?

I'm relatively new to BTC but from what i've gathered of it; It works like stock trading but shouldn't be treated like stock trading. BTC is an almost guaranteed thing for the forseeable future (decades) and it's a great currency to invest in like you would with a savings account, just btc has better (albeit volatile) "interest".

Shit can still happen so never pour your life funds into it. I just put a couple dollars (literally) a week into it. If trends keep up and you hold - you're almost assured to have a decent financial net built up in a few years.
Pavel leslie

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 06:57:56 AM

I'm relatively new to BTC but from what i've gathered of it; It works like stock trading but shouldn't be treated like stock trading. BTC is an almost guaranteed thing for the forseeable future (decades) and it's a great currency to invest in like you would with a savings account, just btc has better (albeit volatile) "interest".

Shit can still happen so never pour your life funds into it. I just put a couple dollars (literally) a week into it. If trends keep up and you hold - you're almost assured to have a decent financial net built up in a few years.
You can trade BTC more or less like a stock. But if you consider the original goal of BTC its more like holding a foreign currency - with all of the exchange rates and fees that go along with it. It's been a very slow adoption, but people are gradually warming up to the idea of BTC as a currency.

The best piece of advice for new comers is probably 1) Don't obsess over the value of BTC right now because it fluctuates like nothing you've ever seen and 2) If you do end up making money go over your taxes very carefully.
canyouer

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 06:59:02 AM

I lost 65k in the last 3 weeks trading altcoins and bitcoins.. take the "only put in what you can lose" seriously..
BlackPinker

Activity: 50
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 07:00:08 AM

I lost 65k in the last 3 weeks trading altcoins and bitcoins.. take the "only put in what you can lose" seriously..
sorry dude, but many of us first make losses until they realize hodling is superior. i hope you have a high net worth so that the 65k won't be an existential threat...
Cullly

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 07:00:52 AM

sorry dude, but many of us first make losses until they realize hodling is superior. i hope you have a high net worth so that the 65k won't be an existential threat...
Thanks! It will not kill me but it whiped out all my savings. I started with 50k and was on Stellar when it went to the moon.. and back, so had the feeling doubling it was possible I sold with 20k profit, put another 50k in and started revenge trading.. going in and out, always too late and it seemed to turn once I was in. So lots of buy highs and sell lows as I was scared to lose more. Then started on more risky coins and there we go.. a very expensive lesson. Am very ashamed but still want to warn people. use money you do not need, do not get greedy and leave it in there for a long period. Just like you said..
XUNing

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 07:03:22 AM

Thanks! It will not kill me but it whiped out all my savings. I started with 50k and was on Stellar when it went to the moon.. and back, so had the feeling doubling it was possible I sold with 20k profit, put another 50k in and started revenge trading.. going in and out, always too late and it seemed to turn once I was in. So lots of buy highs and sell lows as I was scared to lose more. Then started on more risky coins and there we go.. a very expensive lesson. Am very ashamed but still want to warn people. use money you do not need, do not get greedy and leave it in there for a long period. Just like you said..
Very sorry to hear! Hope it goes better moving forward, I believe trading successfully is quite hard and I've already taken enough losses to do it again, put in more money than I should or buying random coins. Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: