Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:21:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: exchange.blockchain issue - probably scamming me  (Read 54 times)
TradeMeUp (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 12:23:01 PM

Hi guyz,

Situation...

3 days ago my partner has sent to my exchange.blockchain.com wallet (also from exchange.blockchain.com) USDT (ERC20) Theter. But by mistake i've sent to him my ETH account instead USDT. Huge amount...
And now i see  this funds in etherscan in my exchange.blockchain.com ETH deposit account as ERC20 tokens. Tether. I've contacted with their support with request credit this funds/revert this transaction back to my partner/send funds to my exchange.blockchain.com USDT account to use it.
Meanwhile I have PRIME account with them!!!

And now they telling me that your funds may be lost because we can't do nothing and revert transaction can take several month...I know how works ETH blockchain and no problem send receive USDT ERC20 token in ETH. They fooling me now about - "several month to recover" and probably your funds lost...

What to do?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2021, 01:08:31 PM

The only thing that you can do right now is to keep contacting them about your issue we can't help you only blockchain support can help you about this issue.

I heard someone before with the same issue that they sent back all coins minus the fee but it takes months before he receives the coins back.
Next time always double-checks when you are sending coins to another address so that it won't happen again.

I don't know if you can export the private key from their exchange but you can export the private key from their wallet according to this link below.
- https://support.blockchain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000019826-What-if-I-sent-ERC20-tokens-to-my-Blockchain-com-wallet-

Try to contact them to any of these below if they can speed up the returned process of your ETH.
- https://facebook.com/blockchain
- https://twitter.com/blockchain

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1786

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 02:37:51 PM

And now they telling me that your funds may be lost because we can't do nothing and revert transaction can take several month...I know how works ETH blockchain and no problem send receive USDT ERC20 token in ETH. They fooling me now about - "several month to recover" and probably your funds lost...

What to do?
I have seen such problems in the past involving users sending tokens to wrong exchange addresses. In such cases, I am yet to see a user get back their lost funds from an exchange. The response you got is the very response other users in your shoes have been getting over the years.

You are now at Blockchain.com support's mercy, no one out here can help except them. You have no choice except keep bothering them and pray they decided to recover your money "after several months" rather than ignore your messages.

Speaking of which, I got this random idea. Since Tether funds can be frozen in an address and fresh ones minted. Can't the Tether team intervene in such cases?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TradeMeUp (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 04:03:01 PM

What to do?
I have seen such problems in the past involving users sending tokens to wrong exchange addresses. In such cases, I am yet to see a user get back their lost funds from an exchange. The response you got is the very response other users in your shoes have been getting over the years.

You are now at Blockchain.com support's mercy, no one out here can help except them. You have no choice except keep bothering them and pray they decided to recover your money "after several months" rather than ignore your messages.

Speaking of which, I got this random idea. Since Tether funds can be frozen in an address and fresh ones minted. Can't the Tether team intervene in such cases?

I'm expect that they will resolve my situation in the week (as they promised today). If they will response like "blah blah blah we need more time may be months" i will try to use all methods of exposure may be will contact with Tether...
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2172

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2021, 05:34:37 PM

I don't know if you can export the private key from their exchange but you can export the private key from their wallet according to this link below.
Blockchain exchange is custodial exchange. So it's impossible to export the private key. Their wallet service is noncustodial (according to them).

Sorry to hear OP in trouble with Blockchain exchange. Some exchanges have the opportunity to recover funds from cross-chain although they require a fee. But I have tried to search in their terms and conditions and I am unable to find something like that. So, only exchange can help you in this case. Just try to contact them by various media.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TradeMeUp (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 08:52:54 PM

Update. They returned full amount without any fees to correct USDT address less than in week. It's amazing! How i can change title of this topic (scamming is no longer actual)?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: