Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:58:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Experience as a first time miner  (Read 92 times)
Samayuki (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 06:10:50 AM

To all mining fans out there, how long did it take you guys to build your mining rigs for the first time? It too me three days as that thing can be stressful until you get used to setting things up, phew! After installing OS you gotta work on graphic cards too, finding the best hashrate spot for the GPUs is another work lol, share me your experience

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 11:39:18 AM

It was very challenging, I had to give up few times and went back to the rigs before solving their issues, mining rigs can come up with any issues you'd never expect and if you aren't very familiar with motherboards and PC you will spend hours on them trying to fix issues

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1051

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 12:37:58 PM

Mining is not for everyone, but not everyone understands this, so they get more problems than profits.
Some common mistakes:
Buying graphics cards with poor cooling
Buying cheap power supplies
Buying used video cards without checking
Errors when building and configuring a farm
Errors in the design of electrical and cooling systems
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 03:17:18 PM

i have couple pc that i always test new gpu series for a weeks to understand best spot of them.just 1 gpu on pc. when it is stable i apply to rig
Festac

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 03:55:36 PM

Mining is not for everyone, but not everyone understands this, so they get more problems than profits.
Some common mistakes:
Buying graphics cards with poor cooling
Buying cheap power supplies
Buying used video cards without checking
Errors when building and configuring a farm
Errors in the design of electrical and cooling systems
GPUs with poor cooling are cheaper and can't be judge with number of fans either, I have a gtx1660 ti here that comes with a single fan and it mine eth at 31mhs with 80 watts power consumption at 56°C Temp, some graphic cards don't have thermal pads install on their memory chips, this is a huge advantage but many don't know, I credit Zotac and Msi for this, they always use thermal pads on their gpu chips

fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 04:03:20 PM

Well right now is easier than before setup mining rig , even mining software already plug&play, back in the day only sgminer or cgminer, dang i need setup many config to run better on some gpus, every gpu is different config, and windows still only support 8gpus at max, no dedicated driver,os, hardware, it put lots of time to build mining rig, it was fun atleast got more knowledge time to time trying best spot on software & hardware

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
th00ber

Activity: 789
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 05:09:51 PM

Well right now is easier than before setup mining rig , even mining software already plug&play, back in the day only sgminer or cgminer, dang i need setup many config to run better on some gpus, every gpu is different config, and windows still only support 8gpus at max, no dedicated driver,os, hardware, it put lots of time to build mining rig, it was fun atleast got more knowledge time to time trying best spot on software & hardware

So true ...
Back in the days (I sound like an old man) it was not so simple Cheesy
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 05:17:53 PM

Well compared to four years ago things are different now because we have more new mining softwares that makes things more easier, the only mining softwares that are easy to use in 2016-2017 was minergate and nicehash, minergate has bad service so that leaves only nicehash standing, other miners in 2016 are all like running codes through command, it was not easy and I learned the hard way, today it's a piece of cake to setup a miner

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 05:53:34 PM

Of cos the first experience is always not easy, I had to grab a big note with a pen to write down the perfect tweaking through msi afterburner here and there lolz, but once you get through the hard times setting up a mining rig will never be hard for you again

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Greatchu

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 06:48:16 PM

I had to do lots, I mean lots of experiments to set up my first mining rig in 2017, I was even using some old graphic cards like gtx750ti and hd7970 then and claymore miner was my favourite, it wasn't easy and can be really confusing to set up pools and ip/port numbers, well that's all because the whole thing was new to me, today I can configure anything, thanks to my not giving up spirit, I hate quiting

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: