Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:24:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Desktop failed to boot after nvidia driver install  (Read 51 times)
Stanlo (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 08:39:27 AM

After hours of trying to find ways to boot up windows 10 on this HP desktop to mine with extra GPUs around here is what I get after successfully booting windows 10 and installing all drivers including Nvidia driver

The problem started after rebooting the PC, any work around this?
Maxstl007

Activity: 210
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 09:56:41 AM

It means you are running a old desktop that only supports legacy bios mode, you need to go back into Rufus and reflash the Windows ISO in the usb drive and this time change the partition into MBR, if you look into the Rufus settings you will see that it's at PGT or something that starts with the P, change it to MBR and reflash and reload the OS using boot menu, it will work
Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 10:23:40 AM

First go into BIOS and check if your motherboard supports UEFI mode, if it does just switch to it and the OS will boot up, if you can't find any traces of UEFI then your motherboard only knows legacy bios mode, you have to use the Rufus tool to load OS with MBR and the target system will show BIOS by the right side of the screen, good luck

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 12:52:31 PM

What is your motherboard model?
You need to select the UEFI boot mode in BIOS.
I don't understand why you are trying to boot into Legacy mode.
I don't know which is faster for you: configure the system again or deal with boot modes Smiley
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 02:42:36 PM

What is your motherboard model?
You need to select the UEFI boot mode in BIOS.
I don't understand why you are trying to boot into Legacy mode.
I don't know which is faster for you: configure the system again or deal with boot modes Smiley
Unfortunately some motherboards don't support UEFI bios mode, if that's the case here OP must reload the OS with legacy bios mode which is changing the Rufus software settings to MBR, I have deal with this type of problem once, I'm sure it will work

Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 06:52:00 PM

After hours of trying to find ways to boot up windows 10 on this HP desktop to mine with extra GPUs around here is what I get after successfully booting windows 10 and installing all drivers including Nvidia driver

The problem started after rebooting the PC, any work around this?
I'm confused, how are you able to boot in the first place when your motherboard don't even support UEFI ? How are you able to install nvidia driver on your HDD when you can't even boot at all? Or you are booting from the USB drive? Even if that's a yes I'm still confused, anyways the answer is already provided by others, change to MBR in rufus settings and reload ISO image file

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: