Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:44:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Binance trip about using a VPN?  (Read 298 times)
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2021, 03:24:53 PM

...So considering above studies, I think there are no VPN hassle with Binance.

Binance does not prohibit working through a VPN, although it recommends not using it. But you need to remember that if you use an American IP, you will definitely receive a message asking you to close your account on binance.com and register an account on binance.us.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 04:17:40 PM

...So considering above studies, I think there are no VPN hassle with Binance.

Binance does not prohibit working through a VPN, although it recommends not using it. But you need to remember that if you use an American IP, you will definitely receive a message asking you to close your account on binance.com and register an account on binance.us.
Yes they did not prohibit people from using VPN, but it will be a bit of hassle for you since codes are needed if you did not know your email or if you uninstall unexpectedly your authenticator that could be a huge problem, your device will be acknowledged as new and it will require a sign in from the previous one with the same IP that you used, so it is not prohibited but it will lead you to a bigger problem if your credentials are not available.
jerry0

Activity: 1736
Merit: 186

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 06:40:52 AM

Are you from the US and trying to use it?

magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 06:37:43 AM

I've always used a VPN when using Binance.

I don't think that it's against their ToS as long as you are not creating multiple accounts or circumventing a country ban - but even if it is, why would they care?

Their business model is literally based on the idea of getting as many people who don't want to do KYC to join as possible. Trying to ban VPN use is like shooting themselves in the foot.
bitbluestar

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 01:58:22 PM

I just answered this question in another thread, but let me offer my points here again: I don't think Binance will disallow VPN usage or trigger any read flag when a user is using a VPN. The reason is simple. Binance.com was blocked in China a few years ago. All existing Chinese users of Binance was forced to use a VPN in China to access Binance. There's even a Chinese word for this kind of use case for VPN: 翻墙软件. If Binance had banned VPN access, they'd have lost all their Chinese users.
Cryptrader77

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 01:57:35 PM

I think using a VPN won't hurt, but it is just that usually VPNs don't assign the same IP twice so there can be a case if you are accessing your account from a normal VPN location. Also, NEVER use a free VPN for unblocking access to your account. Similarly, even if you have a premium VPN then try to get a VPN that does offer you a dedicated IP with it. In that way you will access your account not only through a secured tunnel but a with a dedicated IP that means your IP wont change every time you access. I have been using this Binance VPN which recently got their second audit done by KPMG (renowned audit firm) and were declared as "No-Log VPN" so my access to Binance is not encrypted but there is zero logs my dedicated IP ever accessing Binance.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: