Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 04:47:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MKR makerDao a coin that backs up a stable coin?  (Read 24 times)
beamin (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 05:03:15 PM

So much has changed since I last played with bitcoins. I'm looking to invest in this what I read sounds good but I cant find much. I just learned what a stable coin was especially when I put $100 into dao coin and made zero cents which thats whats its supposed to do I gues. So MKR is the coin that powers it? Ideally as an ALTCoin investor you would waant people to adopt dao for payments because they dont have to worry about "This man paid $20,000 for two pizzas by buying in bitcoins 5 years ago instead of holding on to them" . Which I always saw as a huge flaw in bitcoins if your business takes them you have to cash them in right away, screw that just take visa and MC to hard/risky/too much work. Its my understanding stable coins finally sort that out?

Back to MKR thats the company that makes the Dao coin so if theres lots of adoption or people think there will be the price of MKR is going to go up. Its already gone up 300% this month. I want to buy some and hold for a while but I just cant find much info or even charts on it.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 05:25:17 PM

~ Back to MKR thats the company that makes the Dao coin so if theres lots of adoption or people think there will be the price of MKR is going to go up. Its already gone up 300% this month. I want to buy some and hold for a while but I just cant find much info or even charts on it.
You must be referring to the DAI and not DAO. Yes, it's MakerDao that handles that stable coin. If you're wondering what's the use of their community token MKR, you can find it on their website. It say there that holders of MKR can govern the smart contract that powers DAI. If you want an in-depth analysis of MKR and DAI, maybe this article1 can help you

[1] https://cryptobriefing.com/what-is-maker-token-introduction-to-mkr-and-dai/
beamin (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 01:23:33 AM

~ Back to MKR thats the company that makes the Dao coin so if theres lots of adoption or people think there will be the price of MKR is going to go up. Its already gone up 300% this month. I want to buy some and hold for a while but I just cant find much info or even charts on it.
You must be referring to the DAI and not DAO. Yes, it's MakerDao that handles that stable coin. If you're wondering what's the use of their community token MKR, you can find it on their website. It say there that holders of MKR can govern the smart contract that powers DAI. If you want an in-depth analysis of MKR and DAI, maybe this article1 can help you

[1] https://cryptobriefing.com/what-is-maker-token-introduction-to-mkr-and-dai/

I just bought a mkr coin, looks like its quite on the up swing, wish I found it yesterday. Alts are foreign to me. Their website says you buy it in eth, yet I bought mine in USD on coin base. Does this mean if ETH crashes so does MKR?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: