Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:10:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which USD-pegged stablecoin is the 'safest'?  (Read 44 times)
9thsky (OP)

Activity: 240
Merit: 54

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 08:19:27 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2021, 09:10:39 AM by 9thsky

Notice I'm asking 'safest', not guaranteed. If there is a lion, a tiger and a jaguar, it's technically OK to ask which is the safest. Cz if all in the group are not equal, then you can use a superlative. So plz, no "there is nothing safe in the crypto world" type answers as there usually tends to be in these types of questions detailing the thread Wink

Now that that's out of the way...

If I'd like to 'lock in' the rate by selling bitcoin to a USD stablecoin and take my time to sell that stablecoin to fiat,
which should I go with?
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 3775

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2021, 08:42:50 AM

According to this[1], the safest coin is DIA, and the reason is that it cannot be frozen.
Unfortunately, even the definition of USD-pegged stablecoin means that its value is fixed and cannot be guaranteed
There are some decentralized models but they are not safe.
If you have no problem with sending your data, and the source of the funds, then USDT may be good alternative.

[1] [UPDATED] PSA: Most Stablecoins Can Be Frozen, Even in Your Own Wallets
sunsilk

Activity: 2954
Merit: 621

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 09:12:23 AM

With those issues that has been popping with stable coins and keeps them involved on it, the probable good choice is to choose the decentralized stable coin. The most famous one is Dai.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/multi-collateral-dai/

RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 07:01:25 PM

According to this[1], the safest coin is DIA
It’s DAI, not DIA  Cheesy
DAI is decentralized while the most popular one USDT is a centralized stablecoin. Nevertheless, both has drawbacks and benefits. USDT can be frozen but in term of being a stablecoin, they can maintain the closest $1. As their recent issue with SEC has been resolved, you can use USDT. Otherwise, DAI would be great.

pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 07:20:54 PM

According to this[1], the safest coin is DIA, and the reason is that it cannot be frozen.
Unfortunately, even the definition of USD-pegged stablecoin means that its value is fixed and cannot be guaranteed
There are some decentralized models but they are not safe.
If you have no problem with sending your data, and the source of the funds, then USDT may be good alternative.

[1] [UPDATED] PSA: Most Stablecoins Can Be Frozen, Even in Your Own Wallets

Am a bit confused,  are you referring to DIA (Decentralize Information Asset) the oracle platform or there is a stablecoin named Dia as well! If you are referring to the dia am thinking then that piece of information is very interesting,  never knew or read anything like that about dia, seems very interesting to know.

I thought busd is safe since it is backed to us dollar and also approved by "New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS)", I mostly use busd or usdt.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: