Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:42:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 x 3060ti build  (Read 389 times)
dryath (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 12:32:13 PM

Hi all,

Have been mining way recently on my 1070 which I have owned for the last four years and usually sits most dormant in my PC (other than playing dota Wink)  Have recently taken to mining ETH with this again and have been enjoying doing so.  I've never gone hard on this previously, but decided to build a "small" mining rig (4 x 3060TIs).  I wondered if anyone could suggest what I might need?

Struggling most with the motherboard currently, any time I go to any of the online stores, they seem to have hundreds to choose from.  When I google a suitable motherboard for mining, I always seem to get motherboardds for 6 - 20 cards.  And often can't find these anyway.

Possible parts:
PSU - Corsair 1000W - https://www.umart.com.au/Corsair-RM1000x-1000W-Power-Supply-Fully-Modular-80-Plus-Gold_33434G.html
Seems to have enough 8 pin for the 3060 and 6 pin for the risers (that i'll also need).

Mobo - ?
CPU - any cheap one compatable with Mobo I assume
Ram - 4gb of cheap stuff
ssd - 64gb just to power windows?

Could anyone make a suggestion please of what parts to pair with the four 3060TIs? Am I missing anything? And is anyone replying happy to receive a DM with further questions?

Thanks guys
dryath

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adiemus123

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 01:47:02 PM

you will need atleast 8gb of ram
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 01:50:49 PM

Instead of spending that much amount money, the cost of electricity tries to invest in Defi projects you will get real ROI in a short period of time. Mining is old school. (just a suggestion) I myself getting tokens as much as I can.

For mobo go with ASUS one.

Regards
Wotan Wipeout

Activity: 438
Merit: 27

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 05:06:27 PM

@Dryath

There are lots of different 3060ti. And to answer your question i would like to know what you
plan to do with your 3060ti (Only eth?) and if resale value is a point.
Is density a point of interest for you? There are lots of real! big cards on the market.
I own some like the MSI Gaming X trio and Gigabyte Aorus. But i really like the 3070 Zotac Twin Edge.
I think i have some Gigabyte Aorus too, but can be 3070 too.
The price of a 3070 is around the same as with 3060ti. Think about it.
All are a really fine cards.

So overall i would go for:

Availability
2 x PCI-E
3 Fans
Dual Slot

Putting all in brings me to the 3070 EVGA XC3 as my first pick for a mining rig.
In case you really want a 3060ti, brings me to the Gigabyte Vision.

For more infos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N4_dMHpu1I&t=585s

nothing more to tell.
Squezzi55

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 08:54:21 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2021, 06:06:02 AM by Squezzi55

Cut the cost down, that's the wise move for every miners out there, I'm using a old desktop computer, core i5 2nd gen to mine with 4 different GPUs and no issue at all, the complete system cost me nothing more than 55$, since you plan to mine with 4gpus I don't see any reason to buy costly motherboards

Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 06:09:10 AM

It depends on your budget and your future plans, you are the only one that can figure this out

1. How much can you afford for a motherboard? Are you on tight budget or not ?

2. Do you want a motherboard for the four graphic cards only or you might consider more graphic cards in the future? If yes then buy MOBO with more than 4 pcie slots, like 6,8,12 or even 16

ONLY YOU CAN MAKE THE CHOICE

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 09:29:57 AM

Why use 8GB of RAM when 4GB is enough? 4 GB of memory is enough for Windows and Linux systems.

OP.
If you buy ssd, it is better to buy 128 GB.
But it's better to buy a flash drive for 8 or 16 GB and install linux mining os.

If you need a motherboard for 4 video cards and you want to buy the cheapest and easiest option, then buy a motherboard on the AM3 socket on the 970 chipset from a gigabyte (5 GPU), Asus and ASrock (4 GPU)

ASRock 970 Extreme4
ASUS 970 PRO
GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
New_order

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 11:56:06 AM

4 gigabyte of ram is more than enough for a mining rig with 6x or more GPUs in the mobo, I even have a old motherboard that I'm running 4x GPUs on with only 2gig ram stick, it works very well with no problem at all, only gaming requires such RAM space
New_order

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 12:06:46 PM

Hi all,

Have been mining way recently on my 1070 which I have owned for the last four years and usually sits most dormant in my PC (other than playing dota Wink)  Have recently taken to mining ETH with this again and have been enjoying doing so.  I've never gone hard on this previously, but decided to build a "small" mining rig (4 x 3060TIs).  I wondered if anyone could suggest what I might need?

Struggling most with the motherboard currently, any time I go to any of the online stores, they seem to have hundreds to choose from.  When I google a suitable motherboard for mining, I always seem to get motherboardds for 6 - 20 cards.  And often can't find these anyway.

Possible parts:
PSU - Corsair 1000W - https://www.umart.com.au/Corsair-RM1000x-1000W-Power-Supply-Fully-Modular-80-Plus-Gold_33434G.html
Seems to have enough 8 pin for the 3060 and 6 pin for the risers (that i'll also need).

Mobo - ?
Ram - 4gb of cheap stuff

Could anyone make a suggestion please of what parts to pair with the four 3060TIs? Am I missing anything? And is anyone replying happy to receive a DM with further questions?

Thanks guys
dryath
If you are planning to build a rig with more than 6 GPUs on board it will be better to buy motherboards with enough pcie slots like the Asrock H110 Pro BTC which supports up to 13 GPUs at once, also RYX3060Ti only consume 120 watts per gpu, why buy a 1000watts power for the GPUs ? That's like 480 watts for the 4 cards, a 750 watt power supply would do
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 12:58:21 PM

Hi all,

Possible parts:

Mobo - ?
Ram - 4gb of cheap stuff

Thanks guys
dryath
If you are planning to build a rig with more than 6 GPUs on board it will be better to buy motherboards with enough pcie slots like the Asrock H110 Pro BTC which supports up to 13 GPUs at once, also RYX3060Ti only consume 120 watts per gpu, why buy a 1000watts power for the GPUs ? That's like 480 watts for the 4 cards, a 750 watt power supply would do
The 750-watt power supply does not have enough 8-pin connectors to connect 4 video cards and less wires to connect the raisers. But it will turn out to connect each raiser with a separate wire.
A beginner should not build the first farm of 13 video cards, it is a huge pain when one or several video cards start to mine incorrectly

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 1405

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 11:41:50 PM

Possible parts:

I always used corsair rm1000x and I really like this PSU model, I prefer to use molex powered risers because this way more pci-e cables are left in case you want to expand to more gpus.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 02:19:14 PM

4 gigabyte of ram is more than enough for a mining rig with 6x or more GPUs in the mobo, I even have a old motherboard that I'm running 4x GPUs on with only 2gig ram stick, it works very well with no problem at all, only gaming requires such RAM space

Same old Generic advice ! (probably based on only mining etherium)

It all depends what you are mining. Some algos like as much ram as you have vram, some dont care...same goes for cores, i mine many "gpu coins" that need 1 core per card....most don't
Even nicehash prefers 8GB ram, and 4 cores.....(Win 10)
PerfectCircle

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 02:25:34 PM

Instead of spending that much amount money, the cost of electricity tries to invest in Defi projects you will get real ROI in a short period of time. Mining is old school. (just a suggestion) I myself getting tokens as much as I can.

Regards
Some times old school just works better than new school, mining is very very profitable right now and my brother I can tell you that it erase the fear of losing your money to some scam DeFi project that can probably get hacked today or tomorrow, do you know how many DeFi projects have gotten hacked so far? They are over 14

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2021, 05:53:21 PM

Regards
Some times old school just works better than new school, mining is very very profitable right now and my brother I can tell you that it erase the fear of losing your money to some scam DeFi project that can probably get hacked today or tomorrow, do you know how many DeFi projects have gotten hacked so far? They are over 14

Hey there,

Yeah I know when we are putting the money we can face consequences, not all the times you earn a profit (unless you are super lucky or sharp). I just gave a suggestion everyone is free to do DYOR.

However, the OP can earn handsome earning from mining I just hope he has cheap electricity.

Regards
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 06:02:19 PM

Mining have to become a part of you to really really embrace the whole idea because it's fun for real fans and when bear market takes over it still won't make many difference to real mining fans, they will keep mining and hold their coins till the good time to sell, to me there is not much difference between mining and investing

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 10:14:10 AM

Hi all,

Possible parts:

Mobo - ?
Ram - 4gb of cheap stuff

Thanks guys
dryath
mobo gigabyte b250 fintech 12 gpus
psu antec high current pro platinum 1000w
cpu intel g4400
ram 8gb recomended
ssd 128 recomended, well i want 3060 ti but there is out of stock in all market at the moment, waiting rtx 3060 should grab at first day

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 10:25:01 AM

Hi all,

Possible parts:

Mobo - ?
Ram - 4gb of cheap stuff

Thanks guys
dryath
cpu intel g4400
ram 8gb recomended
ssd 128 recomended, well i want 3060 ti but there is out of stock in all market at the moment, waiting rtx 3060 should grab at first day
Hi, I think 1000 watt power supply is too damn low for 12 graphic cards and most especially the RTX3060ti, it's better to get something more powerful or go with two separate power supply and two mobo, using all 12 GPUs on a single motherboard can give problems

joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 11:19:22 AM

Mining have to become a part of you to really really embrace the whole idea because it's fun for real fans and when bear market takes over it still won't make many difference to real mining fans, they will keep mining and hold their coins till the good time to sell, to me there is not much difference between mining and investing
Not everyone mine coins for the fun of it, people only care about making back their return of investment only, what fun is there to gain if you can't make good amount of money from something you spend thousands of dollars on? Mining is all about your ROI

gathermind

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 12:25:10 PM

May I ask where the 6 pin for the risers?  It seems RM1000x haven't provided 6-pin to 6-pin cables.
Should we need to buy them from outside?
PixxelDesign

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 10:51:33 PM

Hi all,

Possible parts:

Mobo - ?
Ram - 4gb of cheap stuff

Thanks guys
dryath
cpu intel g4400
ram 8gb recomended
Hi, I think 1000 watt power supply is too damn low for 12 graphic cards and most especially the RTX3060ti, it's better to get something more powerful or go with two separate power supply and two mobo, using all 12 GPUs on a single motherboard can give problems

Plus one, a bigger PSU will be needed. Current one wont be able to handle that many cards.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: