Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:56:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoin recovery? Can someone please help  (Read 302 times)
rafter_01 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2021, 12:07:47 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2021, 12:31:15 AM by rafter_01

Hi all,

On my old laptop I had my doge wallet installed. When I open the wallet i cannot locate the key file anywhere.

So the wallet cannot open any file. Every file produces an error, I must have accidentally deleted the wallet file.

I have my private key and password saved but cannot use it due to the wallet file missing.

I was using the dogecoin core wallet for Windows.

Is there a way I can get to my dogecoins?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muenze

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 02:06:18 AM

If you have your private key, your coins are safe.

You can redeem them for example in the CoinOMI Wallet which is available on Windows and Mobile. When you add Dogecoin, you can then swipe your private key.

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2021, 08:53:44 AM

You can redeem them for example in the CoinOMI Wallet which is available on Windows and Mobile. When you add Dogecoin, you can then swipe your private key.

I tried this and I'm still struggling, failing to recognise my private key. What does the dogecoin private key normally start with? Mine starts with '9LKEM'
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 08:56:26 AM

There is different between a private key and recovery seed, don't mislead people, you can't import doegcoin private key into coinomi wallet because coinomi wallet only recognise recovery seeds not private keys
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2021, 08:58:07 AM

There is different between a private key and recovery seed, don't mislead people, you can't import doegcoin private key into coinomi wallet because coinomi wallet only recognise recovery seeds not private keys

Is there another app that can?
Winscosinally

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 08:59:53 AM

Hi all,

On my old laptop I had my doge wallet installed. When I open the wallet i cannot locate the key file anywhere.

So the wallet cannot open any file. Every file produces an error, I must have accidentally deleted the wallet file.

I have my private key and password saved but cannot use it due to the wallet file missing.

I was using the dogecoin core wallet for Windows.

Is there a way I can get to my dogecoins?

Thanks
I don't think there is any mobile wallet that you can import Dogecoin private key into, you will have to download Dogecoin windows wallet and resync with your private key, though syncing takes lot of time and data consumptions
Winscosinally

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 09:02:19 AM

I want to ask you a question, when you opened the Dogecoin wallet do you have do you have your wallet ID and password? I'm trying to figure out a way, maybe you can get your Dogecoin back or something, the only Dogecoin wallet I know will request for backup file to import your coins back,

Check https://Dogecoin.com
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 09:03:16 AM

I'm not so certain on how that information you hold can help you recover your dogecoin, but since the only problem is the file which was deleted, maybe you can use a recovery tool to recover your deleted files, I think it's possible, just try to search that tool that could help you, a youtube tutorial might help if you are not so tech savvy.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2021, 09:05:41 AM

I want to ask you a question, when you opened the Dogecoin wallet do you have do you have your wallet ID and password? I'm trying to figure out a way, maybe you can get your Dogecoin back or something

I don't have a wallet ID but i have 2 things, a password and a key.

From what i understand is that the wallet looks for a file saved on my laptop then i would put in my key. But i cannot locate this file and there's no way for me to enter my priv key either.

Not sure if i'm using it correctly.
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2021, 09:07:09 AM

I'm not so certain on how that information you hold can help you recover your dogecoin, but since the only problem is the file which was deleted, maybe you can use a recovery tool to recover your deleted files, I think it's possible, just try to search that tool that could help you, a youtube tutorial might help if you are not so tech savvy.

i would do this if i knew what file i was looking for.
muenze

Activity: 224
Merit: 157

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 09:26:30 AM

you can't import doegcoin private key into coinomi wallet because coinomi wallet only recognise recovery seeds not private keys

false. dont spread misinformation

It was amazing to be part of Bitcointalk for a little while. Thankyou. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316241.0
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2021, 09:32:47 AM

you can't import doegcoin private key into coinomi wallet because coinomi wallet only recognise recovery seeds not private keys

false. dont spread misinformation

I tried to do what you mentioned but it couldnt recognise my private key,
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 09:56:52 AM

If you hold a private key, you don't need to worry even if your wallet application has a problem. You can still import them in other wallets, and your assets are safe.

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2021, 10:31:56 AM

If you hold a private key, you don't need to worry even if your wallet application has a problem. You can still import them in other wallets, and your assets are safe.

Can you recommend a wallet?
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 11:49:00 AM

Keep trying using the private key on different dogecoin wallets, you can also try from versions made during the time you created the account,,, It should work for coinomi though. Maybe try the old version of Exodus wallet? They used to support DOGE but that was several years ago. Private keys for doge should work in any decent wallet though,,,

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
rafter_01 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2021, 04:37:09 PM

Keep trying using the private key on different dogecoin wallets, you can also try from versions made during the time you created the account,,, It should work for coinomi though. Maybe try the old version of Exodus wallet? They used to support DOGE but that was several years ago. Private keys for doge should work in any decent wallet though,,,

Is my private key a private key, it starts with 9LKEM.

What are the first characters of a private key?
Coinomi

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2021, 09:48:54 PM

You can actually sweep your private key into Coinomi: https://coinomi.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/29000013432-what-is-the-difference-between-importing-a-private-key-and-sweeping-a-wallet-

If you need LIVE support feel free to chat to our engineers using the pop up window on the bottom right corner of our website: www.coinomi.com they will point you towards the right direction, thank you.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1862
Merit: 370

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 10:20:35 PM

If in any case, you're still in good fortune since you have the private key of your wallet. You can use a wallet like CoinOMI for one, or those wallets that use private keys, just put that into the site and you should be good to go.
Exactly, constant trial and error should do the trick since you have the private keys anyway. It shouldn't lock you out permanently because technically, you have the tool to unlock it.
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 10:28:18 PM

i would do this if i knew what file i was looking for.
Maybe, you can find some notes to give you some hints(if there are)? But if there is nothing, I'm afraid you could not recover them anymore.

This will serve you a lesson to learn, you need to have some back-up files, a copy from your important documents to anticipate in a case like this. This what I usually do, I save it to USB, keep it that no one knows, and I'm no longer worried even if my PC or laptop will be corrupted.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Tigboom

Activity: 61
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 10:53:07 PM

i am conversant with doge wallet , i dont really like this window wallet as its easy to lose. mobile app is the best and most preferrable one for me. i hope you can try to restore this wallet and get your coins.

❱  The easiest way to earn 5 ETH  ❰
❱ Yearner is the ultimate connecting link between different DeFi protocols ❰
https://yearner.finance
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: