Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:07:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain swap option  (Read 48 times)
HOT_HEAD (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 10:20:57 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2021, 10:35:11 PM by HOT_HEAD

So yeah, I have 42$ in BTC on my blockchain wallet and when I try to swap for BCH it says that I can only swap for 8$ in BCH. Ok, but the thing is they state that you'd be paying their fees and network fees.

Their fee is 5$, so that's 37$ and than network fees take out the 29$ our of all of that? The problem comes when I've tried the same thing a couple of days ago when the BTC trx fee was 6 sat/byte and the amount I could swap is still the same 8.71$..

Anyone knows what's going on?

EDIT:

My bad, apparently you just par for tx fees for both coins:

BTC Wallet -> ETH Wallet you're payin  BTC Network Fee & ETH Network Fee BUT

BTC Wallet -> ETH Trading Wallet You're paying BTC Network Fee Only because you don't pay fees when using a trading wallet

So now I've tried swapping with:

BTC Wallet -> BCH Trading Wallet (So I should be paying only the BTC tx fee, right?)

and I STILL can only swap 8.71$... What the hell are they doing?

and the best thing is I'm getting 8$ even if the tx fee is 6sat/byte or ~98sat/byte as of right now...

Collecting money for college:
BTC DeFi - bc1q6tymcagg6w4c96dgwnag64kl7rdkpgc6ny8gek ;

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1787

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 10:34:50 PM

1. What's the verification level of your account?
2. Have you ever swapped through the account before?
3. The Bitcoin fees are just largely estimates, so you may find that, even with a drop in the Bitcoin network fees, Blockchain.com may continue to levy a high transaction fee for a couple of more days.

First of all the fees are hidden when you are exchanging which I find unpleasant.

Suggestion:

Why not just send the Bitcoin to any good exchange like Kucoin, Binance,... Buy your BCH and then transfer It out to an address of your choice? You will spend a lot less on fees. Swap services are so expensive and exploitative.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
HOT_HEAD (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 20

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 10:39:01 PM

1. What's the verification level of your account?
2. Have you ever swapped through the account before?
3. The Bitcoin fees are just largely estimates, so you may find that, even with a drop in the Bitcoin network fees, Blockchain.com may continue to levy a high transaction fee for a couple of more days.

First of all the fees are hidden when you are exchanging which I find unpleasant.

Suggestion:

Why not just send the Bitcoin to any good exchange like Kucoin, Binance,... Buy your BCH and then transfer It out to an address of your choice? You will spend a lot less on fees. Swap services are so expensive and exploitative.

1. Gold level, got verified today.
2. No
3. it's been like that for the past few days, I've been checking it more than a few times daily and it's the same every time

if I send my btc to any other place I'm still losing 30$, if I lower the fee down to 20sat/byte I lose 20$...

Collecting money for college:
BTC DeFi - bc1q6tymcagg6w4c96dgwnag64kl7rdkpgc6ny8gek ;
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1787

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 08, 2021, 10:51:54 PM

if I send my btc to any other place I'm still losing 30$, if I lower the fee down to 20sat/byte I lose 20$...
Yeah, bitcoin fee is high right now, but I don't think It can go up to $20 at 20 sats/byte unless if of course your transaction has more than one input (check your address on a block explorer and see how many incoming transactions are there)

The best time to do this transfer was probably Sunday. Last night, I spent only $0.52 at a fee rate of 7 sats per byte. My transaction had only 1 input though. So you have 2 options, either wait till the fee rate drops or just lose all that money in fees.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
epis11

Activity: 295
Merit: 54

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 03:48:05 PM

Bitcoin fees is a little bit high now because btc pump again I send btc to Binance used the normal 75 sat/b approximately 4usd but until now It doesn't confirm yet the best way to lessen your fees is to send first btc to binance also and then exchange to bch
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: