Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:31:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trade USD to Bitcoin using Zelle  (Read 142 times)
zxcv1 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 03:27:38 AM

Start with a small transaction. I'm new here trying to buy Bitcoin today. As I'm paying my money then would need to have positive reputation to buy from.

Mainly trying to avoid fees. So Zelle from a human seems to be the only way to instantly send money to buy bitcoin, unless you have other suggestions.

Will leave positive rep for successful transaction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 02:49:30 AM

i think zelle can be reversed thats not good for both parties
zxcv1 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 03:08:54 PM

i think zelle can be reversed thats not good for both parties

I'm pretty sure Zelle is impossible to reverse. The issue would be making sure the Zelle money shows up. Once it shows up, I'm pretty sure it cannot be reversed. But read this:

Can I cancel a payment?
You can only cancel a payment if the recipient hasn’t yet enrolled with Zelle. You can go to your activity page within the Zelle experience, either within your mobile banking app or the Zelle app, choose the payment you want to cancel, and then select “Cancel This Payment.” If your recipient has already enrolled with Zelle, the money is sent directly to your recipient’s bank account and cannot be canceled.
https://www.zellepay.com/support/can-i-cancel-a-payment

Also this:

That is not the case. Zelle is owned and supported by over 30 financial institutions, but each one of them treats Zelle transactions as cash—not as a credit or debit card. That means that you can’t just contact a bank and reverse a transaction like you would with a credit or debit card transaction.

Neither Zelle nor the banks behind it offer a protection program for payments made with Zelle. If you make a purchase using Zelle, but you are not happy with the product, or you never receive the item, there is no in-app way to request a refund. Banks also won’t initiate a chargeback in this case.

Can You Cancel a Zelle Payment?
There are only two cases in which you can cancel a payment made with Zele:

If you send money to the wrong person
If the payment expires
Cancel a Zelle Payment if You Sent Money to the Wrong Person
If you made a mistake when sending money and entered an incorrect phone number or email address, you might be able to cancel the payment.

This is only possible if the money isn’t already credited to the recipient’s bank account. You can cancel the payment either with the Zelle app or through your mobile banking app.
https://donotpay.com/learn/zelle-chargeback/

So it seems that in fact you can't charge back or cancel a Zelle payment - UNLESS the money is not already credited to the recipient’s bank account. If the money is completed the transfer, it can't be taken back.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3625

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2021, 08:55:45 AM

So it seems that in fact you can't charge back or cancel a Zelle payment - UNLESS the money is not already credited to the recipient’s bank account. If the money is completed the transfer, it can't be taken back.
Your statement is correct, in general we can say that Zelle's transactions are final but we are talking about the possibility of cancelling it and not reversing it.

Read more about that here

The cited User Service Agreement (paragraph 11) basically relieves Zelle and Bank of any liability from the payment. In other words, they don't have the responsibility to reverse payments in a fraud situation, but it doesn't say they can't.

Source --> https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/86920/can-a-zelle-bank-transfer-be-reversed-or-denied-after-credit-has-been-added

Generally, if someone wants to do a transaction they should (DYOR) and start small quantities if they don't know how to use Zelle.
@OP Add more exchange methods.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
zxcv1 (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 05:17:38 PM

Your statement is correct, in general we can say that Zelle's transactions are final but we are talking about the possibility of cancelling it and not reversing it.

Read more about that here

The cited User Service Agreement (paragraph 11) basically relieves Zelle and Bank of any liability from the payment. In other words, they don't have the responsibility to reverse payments in a fraud situation, but it doesn't say they can't.

Source --> https://money.stackexchange.com/questions/86920/can-a-zelle-bank-transfer-be-reversed-or-denied-after-credit-has-been-added

Generally, if someone wants to do a transaction they should (DYOR) and start small quantities if they don't know how to use Zelle.
@OP Add more exchange methods.

How can someone "not know how to use" Zelle? You either have it with your bank or you don't, and if you don't know "how" to log into your bank click on the Zelle tab and enter an amount and someone's email, then you definitely should not be trading cryptocurrency (or even using a computer!)
whitegold22

Activity: 152
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2021, 08:22:56 PM

I can buy your zelle for btc
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: