Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:33:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aorus rx 580 8gb unstable, keep crashing  (Read 110 times)
zsebtigris (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 07:23:28 AM

Dear community!

I've turned to you for a "little" help after spending 7 hours unsuccessful bios modding.
I've jumped in building rig 1,5 weeks ago, and spent +40hours to research about this topic and order parts to build my own 6gpu rig.
By now i have 4gpu(the rest 2 is in transit) and i have a huge issue with the 3rd one( the previous 2 could reach 30-31mhs easily.) but this one is s*cks....

It's an Aorus rx 580 8gb(2nd hand) with hynix memory, it was coming with stock bios, and with that i could reach ~22,6mh/s.

I have tried this options so far

-stock bios
    -   -mt 1 -> crash
    -   -mt 2 -> crash
    -   -straps 1 to 6 no effect or crash
    -   -rx boost --> ~ 1,5 mh/s boost
    -    Adrenaline Memory timing 1 and 2 --> crash
    -    Overclock memory no effect

- modded bios

- every modded bios(except 1) crash after start of the miner program, i think there was problem with loading the DAG file, because it crash/blue screen every time before loading it.
  - only 1 bios worked and loaded the DAG file, i could reach about 30,4 mh/s BUT after closed the program and started again it's started crashing like the other ones. No matter what DAG option i used with the phoenix miner.

I flashed back the old bios and left the card mining with only -rx boost 20 setting but it also crashed by the morning after ~ 5 hours... (core downlock, undervolt, 2000mhz memory

Any advice? I'm that unlucky with this card?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1620

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 09:32:15 AM

Before flashing the BIOS on video cards, miners test video cards on a standard BIOS with optimal overclocking in order to understand the potential of the video card and check the video card in mining.
Reflash only the memory timings in the BIOS above 1750 MHz and do not change anything else.

Try these timings:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/comments/6erzbx/my_305_mhs_hynix_memory_settings/
777000000000000022AA1C00B56A6D46C0551017BE8E060C006AE6000C081420EA8900AB0300000 01B162C31C0313F17

zsebtigris (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 10:05:58 AM

I have tried these timings to. I have tried mostly all the popular ones.
All of them crash before the miner start working.(usually before it's load the DAG to the videomemory) Only 1 flash could survive and start the miner ( 1.7.2 vers of 1 click patch with "universal Hynix" timings)

I startet thinking i'm just have the worst luck with this card.
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 10:08:40 AM

What's the hashrate before you flash the card? See some cards are better leave at stock instead of modding, I have a RX580 here that gives 29mhs out of the box with no bios mod, this is more than enough and I see no reason to flash bios on the card

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TanakabZX

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 10:14:41 AM

All of them crash before the miner start working.(usually before it's load the DAG to the videomemory) Only 1 flash could survive and start the miner ( 1.7.2 vers of 1 click patch with "universal Hynix" timings)

There is nothing you can do in your case except you download the original bios and flash back to original, you can then start working on finding the best clock settings to get the best hashrate out of the card without any bios modding

zsebtigris (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 10:22:44 AM

There is nothing you can do in your case except you download the original bios and flash back to original, you can then start working on finding the best clock settings to get the best hashrate out of the card without any bios modding

That was what i'm afraind of... Stock bios + some OC and tweeking and i'm getting around 24 mh/s it's much lower then the other cards.

OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 12:00:40 PM

That was what i'm afraind of... Stock bios + some OC and tweeking and i'm getting around 24 mh/s it's much lower then the other cards.

Revert back to Stock bios and see if it fix the crash and then download msi afterburner and use the following settings

Core clock = 1070
Memory clock: 2136
Core voltage:  -161
Power limit must stay on : +0

This is what I'm using and am getting over 28.9mhs, I hope this helps, I fear of damaging my RX580 because it has no bios switch and I'm not also good with bios flash so I find the best clock settings

zsebtigris (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 12:21:55 PM

Revert back to Stock bios and see if it fix the crash and then download msi afterburner and use the following settings

Core clock = 1070
Memory clock: 2136
Core voltage:  -161
Power limit must stay on : +0

This is what I'm using and am getting over 28.9mhs, I hope this helps, I fear of damaging my RX580 because it has no bios switch and I'm not also good with bios flash so I find the best clock settings

I already flashed the stock bios back. Right now i'm mining with 1150 core and 2000memory just to test if the card is stable on stock values. Right now it's still running, but only with 22,6 MH/s
The things is, changeing the memory clock has no effect on my MH/s at all. I dont know why. Only if i put a comment on phoenix like -rxboost 20, it gives around + 1,5 MH/s.
Right now that's all i could achieve yesterday evening. I'm keep seaeching for any solution and will try it again after my worktime ended.
I'm considering to sell it and buy an other one, but there prices are getthing higher and higher day by day...
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 12:31:26 PM

What is the gpu temperature? If the temp is too high this can cause the crash, if the card is use and not new it's better to go and buy thermal paste and reapply between the gpu chips and it's cooler, try again and see what happens this time

zsebtigris (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 12:58:29 PM

What is the gpu temperature? If the temp is too high this can cause the crash, if the card is use and not new it's better to go and buy thermal paste and reapply between the gpu chips and it's cooler, try again and see what happens this time

Tempeture it's not an issue. It's stay between 50-60C, however it can not reach higher values due to crash in 10 sec after starting the miner.
With stock bios and 50% fan it's around 50-60C
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 01:14:10 PM

I already flashed the stock bios back. Right now i'm mining with 1150 core and 2000memory just to test if the card is stable on stock values. Right now it's still running, but only with 22,6 MH/s
The things is, changeing the memory clock has no effect on my MH/s at all. I dont know why. Only if i put a comment on phoenix like -rxboost 20, it gives around + 1,5 MH/s.
Right now that's all i could achieve yesterday evening. I'm keep seaeching for any solution and will try it again after my worktime ended.
I'm considering to sell it and buy an other one, but there prices are getthing higher and higher day by day...
On video cards with Hunix memory, there is no point in raising the frequency over 2000 megahertz. After increasing the memory frequency above 2000 megahertz, my video card stops mining.
But without BIOS firmware, the video card mines with a hash rate of 25 megahash.
You were correctly advised to mine for 3 days on the stock firmware.
There were factory seals behind the video card box?
What drivers do you use?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Winscosinally

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 01:38:33 PM

Strange, every RX580 in the market have different type of memory on them, this is why you can't just decide to use others overclock settings unless you know the type of memory their gpu carries, I don't have problem running my rx580 msi (micron) with stock bios because it gives near 30mhs without any modding, have you try changing drivers?
zsebtigris (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 01:45:09 PM

On video cards with Hunix memory, there is no point in raising the frequency over 2000 megahertz. After increasing the memory frequency above 2000 megahertz, my video card stops mining.
But without BIOS firmware, the video card mines with a hash rate of 25 megahash.
What drivers do you use?

There were factory seals behind the video card box? -- > Didn't check it.

What drivers do you use? --> Latest Adrenaline with compute mode.

Maybe i will try the blockchain one but, after all i should use the same driver on the 6 cards right? Right now i'm just "modding" each, one by one, but right now i stucked at this one...
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 01:56:04 PM

blokchain drivers will not work with latest poenix miner maybe will work with issues. read carefully what poenix miner says about driver version and miner version.
if you are using 5.4c then 20.11.1 is good driver for it for example.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 01:58:21 PM

What drivers do you use?

Maybe i will try the blockchain one but, after all i should use the same driver on the 6 cards right? Right now i'm just "modding" each, one by one, but right now i stucked at this one...
Always check the factory seals, miners usually return low-hash video cards to the store.
Try the drivers from August or September 2020, my video cards work fine on them. Blockchain drivers won't work. They do not support a dag file larger than 4 GB
I have not yet met in my practice that different drivers were installed on the same video cards on the same farm.
Do you understand why the farm is tested on stock video card firmware? I had faulty raisers and buggy RAM, and I was looking for the problem in the view cards.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
zsebtigris (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 02:22:10 PM

What drivers do you use?

Always check the factory seals, miners usually return low-hash video cards to the store.
Try the drivers from August or September 2020, my video cards work fine on them. Blockchain drivers won't work. They do not support a dag file larger than 4 GB
I have not yet met in my practice that different drivers were installed on the same video cards on the same farm.
Do you understand why the farm is tested on stock video card firmware? I had faulty raisers and buggy RAM, and I was looking for the problem in the view cards.

My setup is working fine, i had no issue with the other 2 cards.
-  Saphire Pulse with stock bios and some OC ~28,5 mh/s
-  XFX with modded bios and some OC ~ 31,5 mh/s

but this one is s*cks... only one BIOS flash was working with ~30,4 MH/s , but if i closed the miner and start it again my system crashed. If i have restarted the windows the miner started without any issue... i just can not understand it. I'm preatty sure something wrong with the memory chip what can not fixed with software directly.
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 03:02:07 PM

What drivers do you use?

My setup is working fine, i had no issue with the other 2 cards.
-  Saphire Pulse with stock bios and some OC ~28,5 mh/s
-  XFX with modded bios and some OC ~ 31,5 mh/s

but this one is s*cks... only one BIOS flash was working with ~30,4 MH/s , but if i closed the miner and start it again my system crashed. If i have restarted the windows the miner started without any issue... i just can not understand it. I'm preatty sure something wrong with the memory chip what can not fixed with software directly.
I'd rather leave my RX580 the way it is, I wasn't happy that I'm getting 29mh without overclocking and the graphic card is already factory overclocked, it draws only 90watt of power and it's very cool too, I'd rather lose 2 mhs than flashing bios that can mess things up then

I'm suspecting that the graphic card chip is out of place that's why it's crashing, the only thing that can make that happen is high temp

zsebtigris (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 07:22:06 PM

It's hard to tell how i hate this card.

I have tried ~20 bios mods, all of them crash after i start the miner with stock clock except 1, but after i closte the miner and reopen it, it's crash also.

I gave up, i'll throw it to the trash...
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 07:43:18 PM

i know this sounds crazy but was helping a guy last night and we went - on his 570 on mem and it worked and + on core....exact opposite of what one expects.....i know nvidia has some of this 1660Super is this way...well it loves everything - for best results.  Start out modestbut see if it helps. 

Used to be (you know a few short months ago) if a gpu was like this you returned it and moved on to another......now if it will hash even 1/2 way its running....

ah gotta love the bull runs...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: