Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Max safe Temp for Nvidia cards  (Read 136 times)
JHORN (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 03:19:40 PM

Guys I'm getting 62°C on my GPUs today, it's kinda sunny over here are everywhere is hot, this is the first time I would see my GPUs reaching 62°C, they always stop at 58°C max even when mining 24hours a day, is this temp safe? What is the Max safe Temp for Nvidia graphics cards?

DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6309

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2021, 04:09:52 PM

Guys I'm getting 62°C on my GPUs today, it's kinda sunny over here are everywhere is hot, this is the first time I would see my GPUs reaching 62°C, they always stop at 58°C max even when mining 24hours a day, is this temp safe? What is the Max safe Temp for Nvidia graphics cards?

Which card / chip? Makes a big difference.

The 2080 are good to 85C

Older ones are good to well above 90C

The other components on the card? Well it depends on the card. Some cheap ass low end generic cards can't get above 75C without everything going to crap.
I have had ASUS 1070 cards going well above 95C before everything went to hell.

More info and you can get you a better answer, but 65C to 70C should be fine. (With enough airflow)

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 04:40:21 PM

Which card / chip? Makes a big difference.

The 2080 are good to 85C

Older ones are good to well above 90C

The other components on the card? Well it depends on the card. Some cheap ass low end generic cards can't get above 75C without everything going to crap.
I have had ASUS 1070 cards going well above 95C before everything went to hell.

More info and you can get you a better answer, but 65C to 70C should be fine. (With enough airflow)

-Dave

You killed that 1070 yourself, I wonder how you could be comfortable with your gpu doing 95°C temp, it's surely going to die very faster, I get worried even if my cards hit 63°C I always have to crank the fan speed up to drag the temp back into 56 to 60°C Max but yes 70°C is the safest temp for nvidia graphic cards

Sledge0001

Activity: 586
Merit: 150

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2021, 04:47:24 PM

In my afterburner settings I set the fan to 100% at 61 degrees.

I always looked at 62 as the "red line" for all of my Nvidia cards.

Put an extra fan on it!!!
KaratX

Activity: 252
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 05:09:26 PM

Anything over 60°c is not healthy for my graphics card, sometimes temp tend to go higher if it's a very sunny day but it's your job to keep the gpu alive for longer as you can so you must find ways to reduce the Temp, you don't want to get a dead gpu when it's ROI isn't even near yet

Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 06:01:47 PM

Most nvidia cards are safe at 75°C temps and AMD cards can do 80°C plus but it scares the hell out of me because you can't even touch the back of the graphic card without getting your hand burnts lol, that temp is freaking hot to say the truth, I won't want to mine at such temp you might never know which gpu will give up easily

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 06:42:57 PM

it is not human 60-70 is nothing for card. i have 1060 6g it is always abit hot like 74C-78C, even i change paste still not good results it has bad radiator. it is mining now 4 years with it is original fans, palit 1060 6g.
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 07:17:34 PM

I sent limits of 80c for nvidia and 85 for amd.  Then try to set rig to run at least 10c below or more.

Mining system i use will use fan speed to adjust if that doesnt keep it in checl then it throttles the offending card but in cases like fan failure it will still overheat so system will actuall halt mining if it cant keep under set limit.

Never lost a card yet to heat.
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 6309

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2021, 09:19:54 PM

You killed that 1070 yourself, I wonder how you could be comfortable with your gpu doing 95°C temp, it's surely going to die very faster, I get worried even if my cards hit 63°C I always have to crank the fan speed up to drag the temp back into 56 to 60°C Max but yes 70°C is the safest temp for nvidia graphic cards

I didn't kill it, it tried to commit suicide.
The fan spun off it's spindle. The the card thought the fan was spinning, as it got hotter it just kept spinning the fan motor, that was attached to nothing, faster and faster.
It hit 95 and shut down. Cooled off and repeated the cycle. I was remote at the time and all the other cards in the system were fine and according to the monitor the fan was working so I figured it was just a sensor error.

When I got in and found the problem I figured that is was dead. But, 1 new fan later it was back up and running for a long time after.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 09:13:21 PM

My nvidia cards are brand new and so I will like to keep them alive for a very long time, anything over 60°c will definitely raise a eye brow, some said Nvidia cards can handle 70°C well that's way too hot if you touch the back of the cards, I believe it's not safe

Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 10:35:36 PM

For nvidia graphic cards anything up to 75°C is safe temp i heard but to get your ROI back easily you must try to keep the graphic cards working at a cool temp, I will start worrying if my graphic cards reach 70°C, also thermal pads works, I put some on my rx580 8gb card and it brings the temp down  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: