Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:36:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Armory on Raspberry PI OS 64?  (Read 79 times)
Aethereal (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 04:43:16 PM

Hello,
I've used Armory in the past (years ago), and have a paper backup of my old (nearly empty) wallet that I would like to resume.
I was considering the idea to install Armory on my fresh PI4 8GB, for which I also bought an 1TB SSD.
I noticed Armory was available in the old Raspbian 32 bit repository, but seems not currently available in the latest Raspberry PI OS 64 bit repositories.
This OS is still on beta stage, and I suppose it also uses the latest python3 (not sure if it's also on QT5 or still QT4). It's therefore very likely the old stable branch of Armory couldn't run on it, and I should try compiling it from the development tree.
Is that possible? (I mean, would it work?) Which steps should I take to compile it natively on my Pi4? I'm not a total noob but not an expert either, so I should use some hints.
It's mostly a sort of challenge, I have no urge to get Archive running, and if in need I could use it on a different platform, but I would really like to get it running on the PI, so I'm willing to waste some time trying.
Anyone could offer some advice?
Thanks a lot
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 11:23:49 PM

I don't know about building Armory on a R-Pi. I've always cross compiled it for Raspbian. You can lookup R-Pi cross compiling quite easily. Be warned, it's painfully annoying to get it to work. I may just buy a Pi4 and build straight on that.

This OS is still on beta stage, and I suppose it also uses the latest python3 (not sure if it's also on QT5 or still QT4). It's therefore very likely the old stable branch of Armory couldn't run on it, and I should try compiling it from the development tree.

dev branch just went through the py3/qt5 migration, it's still quite unstable at this time. It doesn't build without manual intervention atm, you'd have to wait a little. My current near term project is to create and sign a mainnet tx with it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: