Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:15:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: noob question on manual day trading (does my method I made work? with graph)  (Read 118 times)
beamin (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 08:41:38 PM

https://ibb.co/TMZT3qX

So I had a good run in 2017 made lots of money off some trading but maybe luck due to bull market, I often wonder if I just kept putting in buy orders and made one final Max sell order jan 1 if I would have made more, but I did learn a bit.

Lately I have been manually day trading.

My stratagy is this look at 30day 12 hour 6 hour and look for a general up trend.

Then put in a small amount of money into the coin 1000-2000$

I look for a climb and then a big fall like in the image. When I see the bottom of the dip start to climb I buy. I wait on the 5 min time scale and after 1-6 hours I see a peak start to dip and I get ~10 min of red candles and I estimate its starting to decline I sell and make a small profit. I keep doing this on all coins that seem to be long bull run coins; this is so I dont enter a trade and get stuck waiting forever for it to rebound or have to cut my losses and take a loss to free up the money. If I make 50$ I consider that a very good win, but I will go as low as 10$ profit, with my goal to make a whole bunch of little trades with what I am assuming is a low risk stratagy. Is this low risk? I wish I knew how to program a bot to do this.

So What am I doing wrong, or what can I do better? These are all trades I set to one min view with an oscillator (Im am just starting to learn these, and just read you need an indicator to go with it, an osc. is only half the story, I dont understand this) put on my phone next to my laptop and watch videos while glancing over at the price every few minutes, so its an active trade I dont go to sleep with these trades open.

What is the correlation of volume to my chart above? I know there is a correlation of volume to big swings but I'm not sure what to make of them, hence why I didnt animate them.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 09:54:28 PM

That is one way to make good trading you study how it works and you make your own strategy, starting small is a good way to invest you made the decision use the amount of the money that you will not regret using that I think you are ready to lose. From what you said you also need sources on why did you come up with this strategy? or how? this can help a lot of people but for some, they will give it a try without anykind of sources.

Also sorry if Iam going to offend you because this is what I kind of did but I also win but its really time consuming for me I can watch the charts for every 5 mins and by doing this I did not get the chance to learn and I don't know why it did not work for me. At the very least I still did win for a long term of holding.
beamin (OP)

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 10:28:50 AM

That is one way to make good trading you study how it works and you make your own strategy, starting small is a good way to invest you made the decision use the amount of the money that you will not regret using that I think you are ready to lose. From what you said you also need sources on why did you come up with this strategy? or how? this can help a lot of people but for some, they will give it a try without anykind of sources.

Also sorry if Iam going to offend you because this is what I kind of did but I also win but its really time consuming for me I can watch the charts for every 5 mins and by doing this I did not get the chance to learn and I don't know why it did not work for me. At the very least I still did win for a long term of holding.

So what can you recommend for sources? I thought this board would help as people here said youtube videos are not good sources but nobody says how to do it right, they just tell me I'm doing it wrong. To be completely honest some of the reply's I get on this board sound like people who have no idea what they themselves are doing, because if they did they would offer solutions. Why are the people here so hostile to new members with questions?
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 11:40:07 AM

I wish I knew how to program a bot to do this.

1-Open youtube and type "python lesson". Spend 10h watching videos and learn basics of python (generally object-oriented programming)
2-Open api documentation - every exchange has their own API documentation (f.e. binance link - https://binance-docs.github.io/apidocs/spot/en/#change-log)
3-Start coding your trading bot
4-If you don't know how to code something use online examples: https://www.w3schools.com/python/

That is really enough to start and it's surprisingly fun to do. Create something that never existed before. That work and generate profit for you. And remember. When you have a problem that you can jump over, just reach exchange support. API related questions are TIER1 priority for them. They know that 1 API day trader will create volume equal to 10-100 manual traders. They will answer immediately.

About your strategy ... well yes, but actually no. You strategy is like "I'll buy low and sell high" the problem is with knowing when is low and when is high. Because chart can go like that too:

Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 07:14:03 AM

Research market activity to find currencies that have been bought in large and have small marketcap.
Invest in it, its price will increase in the next hour.
Sell after 5% and repeat.

Very immature strategy.

1- so all I need to do to cheat your strategy is to wash trade few K$ on a shitcoin that i want to get rid of?  $1 mln fake volume cost around 200$-2000$ on kucoin.
2- "Invest in it, its price will increase in the next hour." what if not?
3- "Sell after 5% and repeat." what if not?
4- any plan B? exit plan?

beamin (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2021, 11:14:37 AM

I wish I knew how to program a bot to do this.

1-Open youtube and type "python lesson". Spend 10h watching videos and learn basics of python (generally object-oriented programming)
2-Open api documentation - every exchange has their own API documentation (f.e. binance link - https://binance-docs.github.io/apidocs/spot/en/#change-log)
3-Start coding your trading bot
4-If you don't know how to code something use online examples: https://www.w3schools.com/python/

That is really enough to start and it's surprisingly fun to do. Create something that never existed before. That work and generate profit for you. And remember. When you have a problem that you can jump over, just reach exchange support. API related questions are TIER1 priority for them. They know that 1 API day trader will create volume equal to 10-100 manual traders. They will answer immediately.

About your strategy ... well yes, but actually no. You strategy is like "I'll buy low and sell high" the problem is with knowing when is low and when is high. Because chart can go like that too:

As far as python goes: I joined trading veiw after many here told me I needed a MA and oscilator since my limited info off coinbasepro wasnt enough to make educated day trades off of. After reading your post I found this feature called "Pine script":

// This source code is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License 2.0 at https://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/
// © beamin

//@version=4
study("My Script")
plot(close)

Is this similar to what you are talking about but maybe more limited? Or is this a way to build your own custom MA or Osc.?

Very immature strategy.

1- so all I need to do to cheat your strategy is to wash trade few K$ on a shitcoin that i want to get rid of?  $1 mln fake volume cost around 200$-2000$ on kucoin.
2- "Invest in it, its price will increase in the next hour." what if not?
3- "Sell after 5% and repeat." what if not?
4- any plan B? exit plan?

Yes its immature I have only been doing this for a few weeks now and I finially have made just over 10kUSD so now I can start doing this seriously.
1. No. I dont do shit coins only the top 5-10, I dont trust new coins or have enough experience to read them
2.IF not hold. Look at 15 min all the way to 1D charts. Be prepared to sell and take a loss or hold longer.
3. Play by ear, I turned a few grand into 10k in two months doing this. I could have made a lot more but I was cautious since I was so new.
4. Stop limit orders
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: