Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:22:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a curiosity  (Read 103 times)
joseyphil82 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 05:20:46 PM

What will happen to Ethereum proof of work if asic miners are banished? Will the mining profitability reduce marginally or it won't affect the ROI? Are higher Hashrates better or not? Wil it affect Ethereum value ?

miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 05:34:23 PM

It would probably improve profitability.  Asics are not what is driving the ETH price and network
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 06:09:21 PM

Miners aren't the ones driving Ethereum price I believe, if some miners got blocked today it won't affect the price and infact the remaining miners will start cashing out big time, the lesser the difficulty the higher the reward

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 06:12:42 PM

What will happen to Ethereum proof of work if asic miners are banished? Will the mining profitability reduce marginally or it won't affect the ROI? Are higher Hashrates better or not? Wil it affect Ethereum value ?
Absolutely nothing, it means there will be more rewards for gpu miners to share among themselves, you will get more Ethereum sats better than before, mining difficulty used to drive price in the past but I don't see that happening anymore, things have changed alot
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 06:26:20 AM

yeah definetly if asic cannot mine eth again we should got profit like bullrun 2017 the hashrate will go down drastically, there are already lot of new asic on eth network, yet not released on public sale

the network increased every week, manufactured really bussy 24/7 produce and deploy they rigs

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 07:02:06 AM

I really wish that Ethereum can stop asic miners but isn't that selfish because asic miners costs alot and buyers have to get their ROI back too, if asic miners are removed Ethereum difficulty will decrease and gpu miners will earn insane amount of Ethereum

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 11:50:31 AM

Do you like to fantasize?
That will not happen. Ethereum wants to quickly switch to the new POS algorithm and they will not change the current algorithm for mining.
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 01:14:42 PM

That will not happen. Ethereum wants to quickly switch to the new POS algorithm and they will not change the current algorithm for mining.
I can't see any sign of quick switching to POS any sooner, why the EIP 1559 plan if PoS algorithm is already around the corner? I don't see that happening at any time, PoW algorithm is a big part of why Ethereum comes this far today, vitalik won't want to risk that

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
Balladtony77

Activity: 378
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 10:20:57 AM

So POW and POS algorithm will both exists on Ethereum blockchain? Where did you get this information from or you just guess things out on your own without official announcement? Anyway I pray it will be so honestly it's what I hope for, POW algo need to keep existing on Ethereum blockchain

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 10:34:39 AM

So POW and POS algorithm will both exists on Ethereum blockchain? Where did you get this information from or you just guess things out on your own without official announcement? Anyway I pray it will be so honestly it's what I hope for, POW algo need to keep existing on Ethereum blockchain
what i have learnt after final phase there will be no more mining ethereum only POS. Buterin dont like idea that mining! because it is waste alot of heat bla bla bla. they dont even think how much just 1 car gives heat to atmosphere. And yet they driving thousand miles millions miles billion miles every day if you take all cars on planet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: