Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:05:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Massive difference in results  (Read 358 times)
ishansardar (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 12:05:59 AM

So I mine a little bit on my gaming PC, I've been mining for a month now with Phoenix Miner and Nanopool and got passed my first threshold 0.05 eth in just under a month. I wanted to try something different this time. I heard about T-Rex miner and thought I'd try it since everyone is saying good stuff about it, oh and I mine with a 1080Ti. So I chose ethermine pool this time around and fired up T-rex miner but instead of an increase I'm seeing massive decrease and delays when comparing my hash window and pool stats window. Check the images below to understand.

https://postimg.cc/r0BYqzG8

https://postimg.cc/063VCrBp

As you can see my miner shows a constant 41 mhs hashrate and I've tracked it for a while but the pool dashboard is showing 3.3 mhs is average and current is 18 mhs also the profitability is like $0.50 or less a day but when I use to mine before with phoenix and nanopool it was updating constantly with the mining window and the profitability was like $3 - $4 a day. Why is this happening? is T-rex miner bad? or etherpool dashboard is slow?

PS: I'm a very new miner I don't have more than 1% knowledge about mining, I just see youtube videos and try it myself so If I said anything wrong please help me correct it.

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 11:54:55 AM

What is Reported Hashrate?
Reported Hashrate is used by mining software to determine the submitted computed hashrate of the hardware to the pool. The reported hashrate is essentially used for comparing it to your calculated hashrate shown by the pool. Reported hashrate is generally inaccurate and that's why there's always a small difference when comparing it to the calculated hashrate. It is a value only displayed by your workers' mining software.

What is Mean or Calculated Hashrate?
Mean or Calculated hashrate is calculated from the accepted hashes that your hardware has submitted to the pool. This value can fluctuate above or below your reported hashrate. The rate is impacted by such things as stale shares, invalid shares, changing hash difficulty and pool's luck. Your worker may submit more or less shares during a given period of time that are accepted by the pool.

What is Average Hashrate?
Average is exactly what it's called – an average. This is the average effective hashrate over a specified period of time. The higher the better.

source
https://hiveos.farm/hiveon-pool-general_pool_faq-general_faq/

Profit should be calculated according to payout statistics

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 12:27:32 PM

So I mine a little bit on my gaming PC, I've been mining for a month now with Phoenix Miner and Nanopool and got passed my first threshold 0.05 eth in just under a month. I wanted to try something different this time. I heard about T-Rex miner and thought I'd try it since everyone is saying good stuff about it, oh and I mine with a 1080Ti. So I chose ethermine pool this time around and fired up T-rex miner but instead of an increase I'm seeing massive decrease and delays when comparing my hash window and pool stats window. Check the images below to understand.

As you can see my miner shows a constant 41 mhs hashrate and I've tracked it for a while but the pool dashboard is showing 3.3 mhs is average and current is 18 mhs also the profitability is like $0.50 or less a day but when I use to mine before with phoenix and nanopool it was updating constantly with the mining window and the profitability was like $3 - $4 a day. Why is this happening? is T-rex miner bad? or etherpool dashboard is slow?

PS: I'm a very new miner I don't have more than 1% knowledge about mining, I just see youtube videos and try it myself so If I said anything wrong please help me correct it.

Thank you

3,3mh is the average mh for the last 6 hours. Let it run for days and not for seconds  Roll Eyes

Important is your reported hashrate, this is the hashrate what t-rex reported. so all fine.
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 12:58:51 PM

Thank you
To me Trex miner is crap, it degrades my mining hashrate, phoenix miner and NBminer are way better than Trex, also I see that your temp is 77°C, that's high for a Nvidia cards that's not RTX3090, better put thermal paste and pads on the gpu memory chips, less temp equals to longer life span

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 01:05:28 PM

I recommend going back to phoenix miner, it's simply one of the best miners for ETH right now, even other mining softwares auto activate phoenix miner before any other Ethereum miners, Trex miner is even deactivated in Nicehash for unknown reasons

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 01:40:24 PM

I recommend going back to phoenix miner, it's simply one of the best miners for ETH right now, even other mining softwares auto activate phoenix miner before any other Ethereum miners, Trex miner is even deactivated in Nicehash for unknown reasons

Yeah use phönixminer if you want inflationary hashrates. T-rex gives the best results Poolside and if you do it right, reported hashrate from t-rex and phönixminer is the same. If you can´t handle good miners, don´t write crap.
CashbackLover

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 03:09:20 PM

It depends on which OS you running on, T-Rex isn't that bad you just have to use the one that suits you most, on one of my rig phoenix miner gives me high hashrate and on other rig phoenix miner performs worse, something to do with windows 10 OS? I don't know actually Trex miner works better on the second rig

joseyphil82

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 03:35:52 PM

Fact about pools and miners is you won't know until you try, there are other things to consider when running on windows, the truth is windows OS is bad for mining, there are too many issues when using windows to mine and the most popular issue is low in hashrate, better find a Linux build mining OS like Hiveon OS and say good bye to all crypto mining issues

Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 07:03:39 PM

Yeah use phönixminer if you want inflationary hashrates. T-rex gives the best results Poolside and if you do it right, reported hashrate from t-rex and phönixminer is the same. If you can´t handle good miners, don´t write crap.

Hi @sxemini I'm a bit lost here, what do you mean by inflationary hashrate? The best result you are referring to on T-Rex miner does it have something to do with better shares solving or what ? Thank you

impynick

Activity: 77
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 07:14:04 PM

Hi @sxemini I'm a bit lost here, what do you mean by inflationary hashrate? The best result you are referring to on T-Rex miner does it have something to do with better shares solving or what ? Thank you

TRM did a study and found Phoenix inflates their hashrate on the users side but is actually few % less on poolside.

https://github.com/Kerney666/trm-ethash-miner-tester

The two major closed source AMD ethash miners, Claymore and Phoenix, both indicate a significant element of added hash rate of +1.5-2.3% in their displayed and reported values. Please note that this does not automatically imply ill intent. It also does not mean a higher-than-specified dev fee. However, it does mean that the vast majority of AMD ethash miners would be better off running a different miner
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 12:52:30 AM

Measure accepted shares.  You get paid for accepted shares. 
Randey Lahey

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 01:08:21 AM

I'm using Windows on 3 different gaming PCs with a 3070 (PM 5.5c), 5700XT (lolminer) and 1660Super (PM 5.5c).  No issues with stability, shares...nothing.  I'd post an image of my pool results, but I'm not sure how on this site:  

Active Workers (3)
Filter by Worker
                        Reported  Current  Valid  Stale Invalid
lolminer5700XT     51.1    53.3     48   0   0   13 minutes ago
rig1660             32.1         36.7     31       0   0   13 minutes ago
rig3070             61.9    65.6     55        0   0   13 minutes ago
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 02:05:10 PM

I'm using Windows on 3 different gaming PCs with a 3070 (PM 5.5c), 5700XT (lolminer) and 1660Super (PM 5.5c).  No issues with stability, shares...nothing.  I'd post an image of my pool results, but I'm not sure how on this site:  

Active Workers (3)
Filter by Worker

Valid shares..48/31/55

stale and invalid look great...but 13mins not long.
Festac

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 02:38:07 PM

Active Workers (3)
Filter by Worker

Valid shares..48/31/55

Looking at the results from randey it shows that higher Hashrates solves shares faster, the RTX3070 with 61MH have 55 valid shares and it beats others with lower hashrates, makes lot of sense I believe 🤔

Randey Lahey

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 02:25:25 PM

Active Workers (3)
Filter by Worker
rig3070             61.9    65.6     55        0   0   13 minutes ago

Valid shares..48/31/55

What do you mean 13 minutes not long?  These have been running 24/7 for over 2 weeks now.  All that 13 minutes means I believe is the last time the monitor was polled.  I do get the odd stale share.  Those are impossible to avoid on a pool.
JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 02:40:27 PM

Thank you
To me Trex miner is crap, it degrades my mining hashrate, phoenix miner and NBminer are way better than Trex, also I see that your temp is 77°C, that's high for a Nvidia cards that's not RTX3090, better put thermal paste and pads on the gpu memory chips, less temp equals to longer life span
Trex is one of the best miners out there, it's standing side by side with phoenix miner in performance, I don't understand why you call it crap, are you even sure it's trex miner issue and not your windows 10 OS?

Randey Lahey

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 03:10:40 PM

Trex is one of the best miners out there, it's standing side by side with phoenix miner in performance, I don't understand why you call it crap, are you even sure it's trex miner issue and not your windows 10 OS?

I can't comment on Trex because I haven't used it, but what would Windows have to do with it?  I haven't had a single issue, and my hashrates and power usage are actually better with Windows than they were with HiveOS.  When I had issues with poolside 'current' numbers, it was always related to the O/C settings.  I believe the 1080ti needs an increase to the clock speed too, not just the memory.  
Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 04:34:57 PM

I can't comment on Trex because I haven't used it, but what would Windows have to do with it?  I haven't had a single issue, and my hashrates and power usage are actually better with Windows than they were with HiveOS.  When I had issues with poolside 'current' numbers, it was always related to the O/C settings.  I believe the 1080ti needs an increase to the clock speed too, not just the memory.  
Windows OS have everything to do with loss of hashrates when updates get into your system without you knowing until you restart your PC, when I couldn't find a effective way to deactivate windows 10 update I've reload the whole OS just to get my normal hashrate back

Randey Lahey

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 06:55:00 PM

Windows OS have everything to do with loss of hashrates when updates get into your system without you knowing until you restart your PC, when I couldn't find a effective way to deactivate windows 10 update I've reload the whole OS just to get my normal hashrate back

I just did Win 10 updates on all my machines...no issues.  I set the scheduler so it doesn't automatically apply updates (i.e. restart) until I do it manually.  Still rock solid:  

Active Workers (2)
Filter by Worker

Reported       Current  Valid  Stale  Invaild
lolminer5700XT     51.9        66.7        60     0        0            5 minutes ago
rig3070             61.3        67.8        61     0        0            6 minutes ago
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 07:24:05 PM

I just did Win 10 updates on all my machines...no issues.  I set the scheduler so it doesn't automatically apply updates (i.e. restart) until I do it manually.  Still rock solid:  

Active Workers (2)
Filter by Worker

Reported       Current  Valid  Stale  Invaild
lolminer5700XT     51.9        66.7        60     0        0            5 minutes ago
rig3070             61.3        67.8        61     0        0            6 minutes ago

If this is a new build you will still face the wrath of windows 10 soon, I never knew this could be possible because before the lost in hashrate I used the PC for weeks with no issue but later my hashrates starts showing low hash speed

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: