Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:42:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Importance of Bitcoin Dominance  (Read 162 times)
GreatArkansas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

BUY BITCOIN

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2021, 05:43:04 AM

I want to share this simple presentation of how Bitcoin Dominance affect the altcoins or the Bitcoin itself.

For the last few years, I can observe that this is kinda accurate, especially after the bull run of 2017 - 2018. Like the if Bitcoin price is increasing while the Bitcoin dominance is falling, we saw a huge run on some altcoins.
MIner1448

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 06:17:41 AM

I want to share this simple presentation of how Bitcoin Dominance affect the altcoins or the Bitcoin itself.

For the last few years, I can observe that this is kinda accurate, especially after the bull run of 2017 - 2018. Like the if Bitcoin price is increasing while the Bitcoin dominance is falling, we saw a huge run on some altcoins.
I agree with you 100%, the king of cryptocurrency sets a trend for the entire market, apparently the hype around bitcoin is growing and new users and investors are entering the world of cryptocurrency, therefore the whole market is going up.
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 09:06:40 AM

How come there are multiple endings when the bitcoin dominance increases? I don't get how the dominance increases but the bitcoin is going down or the part where the dominance decreases but bitcoin increases and the altcoin parts are a little confusing, some part it decreases because bitcoin is increasing and sometimes it stabilizes.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 10:16:08 AM

How come there are multiple endings when the bitcoin dominance increases? I don't get how the dominance increases but the bitcoin is going down or the part where the dominance decreases but bitcoin increases and the altcoin parts are a little confusing, some part it decreases because bitcoin is increasing and sometimes it stabilizes.

When bitcoin dominance increases even when bitcoin's price is dropping, it simply means that altcoins are dropping harder. And it's the same with bitcoin dominance decreasing when bitcoin is rising but altcoins are rising higher. Probably visualize the numbers with bar charts in your head for a few minutes and you're probably going to get it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 02:13:32 PM

Was there never an instance where the dominance is the same while both bitcoin and altcoins are increasing? Ideally, that is what I would love to happen.
GreatArkansas (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1354

BUY BITCOIN

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2021, 02:27:01 PM

Was there never an instance where the dominance is the same while both bitcoin and altcoins are increasing? Ideally, that is what I would love to happen.
Do you mean, if the Bitcoin Dominance is stable or sideways?
For me, if Bitcoin Dominance is stable. Both Bitcoin and altcoins will make their own move then since what we are using as a base here is the Bitcoin dominance, how it behave together with altcoins.
I think the more closely for what you want to mean is when BTC.D is increasing, BITCOIN price is stable, then altcoins is also stable which probably in an accumulation period (see the attached picture at first post).
Distinctin

Activity: 2814
Merit: 649

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 03:00:29 PM

What I understand is that every time that BTC dominance changes, altcoins behave in the opposite direction. In some worse cases that one BTC is dropping, the faster these altcoins drops. This is commonly happening after the bullish season just like the 2017 event.

The BTC dominance is really in huge effect on the altcoins. If we are setting a goal to buy altcoins, must have to check on the BTC.D first as this will help us to determine the closest and preferred price to buy. And the best opportunity is that when BTC.D is declining coz there is a huge possibility that altcoins will do the rally.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 03:07:11 PM

Did you make it Sir? That's cool of you.
This proves the market is way different now from 2 to 3 years ago.

Altcoins has a lesser chance to increase in value whenever Bitcoin dominance is there.
The chart may have been correct in some handpicked alts but it is not as a whole.
I think investors and traders should also consider that.
randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 04:10:26 PM

Bitcoin always dominance every day and when bitcoin raise to higher price we don't have choose to see altcoin more dominance than bitcoin, but waiting when bitcoin down but look impossible because bitcoin never have chance go down, last bitcoin have lower price when correction under $29,000 but now reach above $45000.
Fesatmas

Activity: 2268
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 04:55:40 PM

It's hard to want dominance where bitcoin and altcoin are in the same position when they are on the rise, I do expect that to be like you say. but indeed the pattern will be very difficult to find.  Grin

DuelbitsSPORTS
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10% CASHBACK
          100% MULTICHARGER
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 05:18:26 PM

Some altcoins do increase and goes with the flow of BTC, more specifically EOS. Instances that would make most altcoins increase with Bitcoins is if such alts gather huge volatility and population in a certain period of time. But in most cases, Bitcoin Dominance still pulls back those increase on alts, unless the market would have a balance and active trading on both sides. Apparently, once BTC is increasing, there's still huge chances that some alts would skyrocket as well, but not at the same point in time where BTC does.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 05:52:57 PM

What I understand is that every time that BTC dominance changes, altcoins behave in the opposite direction. In some worse cases that one BTC is dropping, the faster these altcoins drops. This is commonly happening after the bullish season just like the 2017 event.

In some worse cases that one BTC is dropping, the faster these altcoins drops

I don't know if you mean that when bitcoin drops altcoins drop too? Yes I think so , that is what happens but not if altcoins have not gone on bull itself. 2017 that bitcoin had the bull, I remember etheruem too went to above $1000 but started dropping in 2018 like bitcoin also. I think is a correction that always turn bear for all coins at a longer time.
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 07:31:11 PM

It is pretty accurate but at the same time there are many possibilities for bitcoin and altcoin relationship. I have observed that initially when bitcoin starts to pump hard then altcoins will also get that drift and start pumping upwards. Then a stage comes (stability) when altcoins no more follow the bitcoin dominance really. They either get dumped, pumped based on the scenario and few facts like it’s popularity, market usage etc.

Though your chart looks pretty accurate then also it’s possible that it won’t get followed all the time. Especially when the bitcoin is going crazy at the current stage.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 05:38:41 AM

There are also time period I remember about Bitcoin reaching low dominance while altcoins climbing too fast in the extreme bearish trend so we can't actual take Bitcoin dominance as an Indicator, maybe in future we can have clear idea but now dominance of any crypto is just a useless metric to consider while analysing.
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 01:31:50 PM

In simple words, it is a battle of one against thousands. So obviously in near future, dominance of bitcoin will get decreased significantly as success of one or tow altcoins' success will lead to the decreases of dominance of bitcoin in total crypto markets' valuation.

I'm not ready to believe into such observations like how bitcoin dominance will affect altcoins' fluctuations. Because, from a common new investor's perspective, they will get instructed to diversify their investments when they start with crypto investing. So, obviously such beginner-cum-investors will invest into bitcoins along with some other altcoins as well. So, we can expect a bull run in crypto space will lead to increase of either bitcoin or altcoin dominance but based on where more people invest.

I'm sorry I'm not seeing any significant role of bitcoin dominance in crypto space because most new investors are not checking such things. Also, I'm pretty much sure about bitcoin will get into less than 30% dominance in future still bitcoin prices will test 1 million to 10 million USD as well.
OcTradism

Activity: 1750
Merit: 806

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2021, 02:35:13 PM

In simple words, it is a battle of one against thousands. So obviously in near future, dominance of bitcoin will get decreased significantly as success of one or tow altcoins' success will lead to the decreases of dominance of bitcoin in total crypto markets' valuation.
Bitcoin dominance will be more accurate if on the market, there are not many new projects that add more marketcap to altcoins, OTHERS.D. In periods when altcoin projects are hyped with hundred of new projects and their initial and few weeks later price are high, overbought, bitcoin dominance will be not correct.

I'm not ready to believe into such observations like how bitcoin dominance will affect altcoins' fluctuations. Because, from a common new investor's perspective, they will get instructed to diversify their investments when they start with crypto investing. So, obviously such beginner-cum-investors will invest into bitcoins along with some other altcoins as well. So, we can expect a bull run in crypto space will lead to increase of either bitcoin or altcoin dominance but based on where more people invest.
Diversification their capital but they will have to spend more capita parts for the coins they fall in love. It can be bitcoin and dozen of shit altcoins.

I'm sorry I'm not seeing any significant role of bitcoin dominance in crypto space because most new investors are not checking such things. Also, I'm pretty much sure about bitcoin will get into less than 30% dominance in future still bitcoin prices will test 1 million to 10 million USD as well.
Depends on the market and to use dominance of bitcoin, altcoins more accurately, price charts and previous trends of altcoins are important. Bitcoin decreases can result in altcoins' pump or dump. It relies on how altcoins were traded previous weeks or months.

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 02:52:32 PM

If you meant "the same" meaning unmoved down to the last decimal, then yes. This can happen if bitcoin rises in price, while the entire altcoin market also rises in price in the same exact pace. While this is technically possible, it's going to be extremely unlikely.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
habo8

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 02:54:00 PM

i hope bitcoin dominance will to 30%, if it happens, then we can see huge pump in the whole crypto world. We can see it soon.

───────     Next-Gen of Algo Stablecoins     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 03:07:13 PM

Altcoin runs are a real thing, they really do increase a lot even when bitcoin increases, look at the price of bitcoin right now, how fast it increased and how great it is, but at the same time look at the altcoin prices, they increased a lot as well. So, bitcoin dominance is very important to realize whats going on with the altcoins, that is basically the indicator of it, when it goes down that means altcoins are on the rise.

Look at doge, look at eth, look at bnb and many others as well, I can't name all the coins that went up super high in the last week or two, they all went super high, I believe that even when bitcoin goes up, there is a big chance that altcoins could have an "alt season" and increase a lot like how it did now. Lets hope that this continues, I want to see higher prices in every single currency out there.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
OcTradism

Activity: 1750
Merit: 806

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2021, 06:16:27 AM

Altcoin runs are a real thing, they really do increase a lot even when bitcoin increases, look at the price of bitcoin right now, how fast it increased and how great it is, but at the same time look at the altcoin prices, they increased a lot as well. So, bitcoin dominance is very important to realize whats going on with the altcoins, that is basically the indicator of it, when it goes down that means altcoins are on the rise.
You forgot the market when bitcoin increases a lot and altcoins are all massacred in red. The market when bitcoin and altcoins rise together is not common.

Look at doge, look at eth, look at bnb and many others as well, I can't name all the coins that went up super high in the last week or two, they all went super high, I believe that even when bitcoin goes up, there is a big chance that altcoins could have an "alt season" and increase a lot like how it did now. Lets hope that this continues, I want to see higher prices in every single currency out there.
It is because the crypto market is bullish and altcoins have been in their altcoin season. They are perfect conditions for altcoin rise together with bitcoin rise. You can enjoy their ride now but if you apply your discovery in all market, you will get loss or be killed by bitcoin.