Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:16:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USDT | TUSD | BUSD | USDC - What are the differences?  (Read 228 times)
xSkylarx (OP)

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2021, 06:50:16 AM

USDT, TUSD, BUSD, and USDC are all stablecoins. They have a value that is tied with the US dollar at 1:1 ratio. Now I'm wondering what is their differences.

• Does each of them has different purpose other than being tied to USD?
  • Do they have different features or the fees when using them is different from one another?
  • Why USDT is commonly used when trading other crypto not the others?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2021, 07:16:05 AM
Merited by Jawhead999 (1)

Does each of them has different purpose other than being tied to USD?
For me, if you take closely on their respective prices, sometimes their value is not exacly to 1$, some of them sometimes are more than 1$ or less than 1$. And also, some platform or exchanges offers staking some stable coins with respective percentage based on what stable coin you used.

Do they have different features or the fees when using them is different from one another?
This will based on the network where the stable coin is based, like if you will transact under Ethereum network, then it will become different with other network, like on Solana network or Binance Smart Chain or Tron Network.

Why USDT is commonly used when trading other crypto not the others?
Honestly, if I am using stablecoins on exchanges, it is not matter at all. But the most common I am using is the USD Tether. Since USDT got the much higher volume compare to other stablecoins.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 08:33:20 AM

That is it the deference is this currencies are in it price, take usdt it price is constantly stable at $1.00 at all time but USDC and the rest are changing in price sometimes it go above $1 and some little below $1.

Its like 0.9992 USDC/USDT. Its like 0.08% difference and it fluctuates up and down. The difference is so small that i don't thing it's something worth mentioning.

• Do they have different features or the fees when using them is different from one another?

1- no. All of them have the same purpose. They were just emitted by different companies.
2- depends on network that you use them on. USDT support Omni, ERC-20, TRC-20, BSC, BUSD support ERC-20, BSC.
3- it was the first stable coin that dominated the markets. Now that most of the volume and liquidity is in USDT trading pairs, it's hard for others to break out because the user has to give up on liquidity to trade with other stable coins. But the interesting thing from recent days is that USDT's poor reputation made dex investors/traders to chose USDC. USDC is ~30-40% bigger on uniswap than USDT. Sooner or later it will this trend will transfer to cexy

Festac

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 02:33:05 PM

USDT all the way, the stable coin has biggest volume and liquidity and it's also available on other blockchain platforms like Tron, USDT is way better than other stable coins,  USDC, TUSD and others that OP made mention are all centralized projects but USDT wins this marginally

distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 02:48:31 PM

I think the cost used has to do with the platform used. but I think everything is the same as the exchange rate equation related to the USD as the currency that is agreed upon by the world.
somehow USDT and BUSD are probably more listed on the exchange. or maybe USDT is more popular in exchanges and as mandatory crypto in every local exchange to convert to currencies that exist in each country.

zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4271

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2021, 02:53:39 PM

USDT is a stablecoin issued on the bitcoin blockchain on the Omni Layer protocol in 2014.
Each USDT is backed by US dollars, the entire amount of which is held by Tether Limited.
Official website: https://tether.to/
All information can be obtained online https://wallet.tether.to/transparency
This cryptocurrency is the very first and it has problems with SEC.
I don't know who will win, but there are risks of scam.

USDC is a stablecoin backed by US dollars in a 1: 1 ratio, which is held in reserve by regulated financial institutions.
The Center is licensed by the state to carry out banking operations in the United States, and its activities comply with AML standards.
Each month, USDC dollar reserves are validated by Grant Thornton LLC, a
5 leading accounting organizations in the world.
https://www.centre.io/usdc-transparency
Official website:     https://www.circle.com/

TUSD (TrueUSD) is another 1 stablecoin from TrueCoin LLC.
This is an American company that cares in accordance with US law and has all the necessary licenses and is subject to a statutory audit.
Stablecoin operates on the Ethereum ERC-20 protocol.
Official website: https://www.trusttoken.com

Binance USD-joint project Paxos Trust Company and Binance.Paxos also has its own stablecoin Paxos Standard (PAX)

Of all these stablecoins, I trust USDC the most, but I keep 95% of my stablecoins in DAI Smiley

My article in Russian
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5198239

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 04:17:43 PM

There is a big difference. There is a large company behind each of these projects. It is in these companies that there are differences. Some companies are audited, some are not. This also adds a lot of credit to trust in one or another stablecoin.

beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 05:14:13 PM

Technically speaking they are all the same things, the only difference between them are the power of the companies behind them and that's it, nothing different. I do think that one of the weakest ones in that became the biggest one because of the first mover advantage but they are definitely one of the least trustworthy ones.

USDT is backed by the Tether company and the biggest one right now, I do not trust them at all, I don't know about TUSD and never heard of it before, BUSD is binance backed and binance is a huge billions of dollars in revenue company so I do trust them the most for sure, and USDC is circle I think? Not sure if it is the case that means it has a bit of wall street backing (via circle partnership) which gives a bit of credibility but they will do whatever suits them the most. So long story short, best one is definitely BUSD if you ask me.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
marilynmanson21

Activity: 1260
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 11:21:31 PM

There are several differences that you can find,
first, the network used, because ETHEREUM gas is expensive, many tokens that run on the TRON or BSC network have low fees, for example USDT and not all stable coins run on multiple networks at once, you can pay attention to this.
Second, transaction fees and speed, now only stable coins using the TRON network have cheap transaction fees, so far only USDT stable coins use the TRON network.
SquirrelJulietGarden

Activity: 1316
Merit: 726

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 12:06:16 AM

The article Top 10 stable coins in 2020 is written with good information and I believe it can give you a few details and differences that you are looking for.

Stable coins are used to bring the convenience to the people in the world. They are created to give you alternatives for fiat currency but you have to believe in companies that they actually have enough fiat money to back for their stable coin amount.

If you need a stable coin with good volume and good adoption on exchanges, it is Tether USD. If you are looking for a decentralized stable coin and want to use it on DEX as Uniswap, it would be USDC.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
GreekCoiner

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 12:12:46 AM

Like USDT which is the most liquid and offshore, all the others are just being issued by different companies. There are more stablecoins with lower market cap and there is also the DAI for example which is decentralized and is minted (created) by locking collateral in MakerDAO platform.

Almost all of them are running as ERC20 tokens but some of them are running in multiple blockchains like OMNI layer (bitcoin), TRC20 (tron), Algorand, EOS, Binance Chain etc.

These coins are actually backing the whole crypto market and without them I'm not sure if we would be above 200 Billion USD total crypto market cap now.
abderrazak belkhir

Activity: 1096
Merit: 167

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 12:40:57 AM

All stable coins have the same purpose but there are some different things between them...the usdt is the best among the traders because it can be used in many networks( erc20-trc20-bsc-omni) also each token is backed by one united states dollar and this is what make it the safest one.
Periodik

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 02:33:59 AM

They are all basically the same. They only differ because they belong to different projects or companies and are running on different networks. But in general you can just choose any of them. USDT was the earliest of them all and is now the most popular also, with the highest volume. But it is also the most controversial because of the claims that it is not actually backed by real USD. Other than those, they are of the same feather.
CryptoTech_

Activity: 994
Merit: 106

Official Street Team member

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 09:58:32 AM

I think the difference is only in the network, other than that everything is the same because all of them is 1: 1 with real USD.

Beyond Protocol Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk thread
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2021, 10:14:22 AM

USDT, TUSD, BUSD, and USDC are all stablecoins. They have a value that is tied with the US dollar at 1:1 ratio. Now I'm wondering what is their differences. ...

All the stablecoins you have specified are centralized and their trust is determined by the trust you have in the organization that issued them. It would be more correct to compare such stablecoins with decentralized ones, such as DAI. In this case, we would have seen a really fundamental differences.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Snappycoco

Activity: 534
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 10:25:18 AM

Some of them even have different structures like ERC20, TRC20 and even OMNI. Having different network also has its advantage naming TRC20 having the lowest fee of the three which is $1 for every transaction.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 10:56:08 AM

USDT, TUSD, BUSD, and USDC are all stablecoins. They have a value that is tied with the US dollar at 1:1 ratio. Now I'm wondering what is their differences.

All are stable coins and each of them created by different people and running on different chains for the same reason. If you wanted to find the real difference then you should added DAI into it which is also a stable coin and it is decentralized which is the big difference with those stable coins you mentioned.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 11:03:34 AM

All are stable coins and each of them created by different people and running on different chains for the same reason. If you wanted to find the real difference then you should added DAI into it which is also a stable coin and it is decentralized which is the big difference with those stable coins you mentioned.

add in that dai is also making a name next to usdt . both stable coins were being used the most by the people is because these two coins are first to became popular just like btc , btc gained momentum and stayed on top for a long time and eventually many people heard of it and stick with it compare to the cryptos that are new to them but its still up to them if they want to try something unusual they can always check the other kinds of stable coins .  theres no harm in trying anyway , you just need guts
Evgenklm

Activity: 896
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 11:12:08 AM

In fact, these stablecoins are no different from each other, the essence is the same, but everyone has their own reputation, someone often blames Tether for the endless issue and many are not sure that the reserve is 1:1, nevertheless, the capitalization of USDT is the highest, as for me, the best USDC they have a license and every month the reserves in fiat are certified.
LostConfidence243

Activity: 129

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 05:51:48 PM

Thanks for asking a nice question. All of the mentioned are stable coins, but some of us use USDT. The reasons why I use are:
1. USDT prices are often very close to 1:1.
2. It's popular and trusted crypto in crypto space

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: