Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 07:23:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pirate Ocean Wallet help needed  (Read 22 times)
mmmnsdd (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 03:48:44 AM

Hi!

I have a small problem with Pirate Ocean wallet and wondering if anyone else has stumbled into the same problem and how did you solve it?

When running the wallet, it automatically creates a new wallet with new keys. I dont want this. I only want to import my old key into it and use that key and ONLY that key and addresses related to that key. Yes, I can import the old key, no problem there, but the problem is, how to get rid of the automatically created key AND the addresses it created so I can keep running the wallet with ONLY my imported key?

So how can this be accomplished? There are no command-line options to delete particular key, only to import new key(s). And even if particular key would be deleted, would the public addresses created by that key also be deleted?

Why?

Well, because I dont want to accidently send ARRR from exchanges etc to the "other key" which I will not backup. I want to make sure that I will only be able to see ARRR addresses of the imported private key (that I have zillion backups) and nothing else.

(Please dont say ask their Discord channel, I have never used Discord and it seems horribly to even try to learn)
LostConfidence243

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 11:45:51 AM

I don't know the actual solution this kind of inconvenience, But It seems an authorization issue. Because you said these are generated automatically. I think the wallet not detecting your command and the wallet can not identify your key at all.  So, I can suggest you don't delete and skip this key. keep it and stay safe.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: