Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:03:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need an Ethereum alternative  (Read 157 times)
miratcan (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 08:32:27 AM

I and my friend built an app on Ethereum network. It's living on https://etherboard.io It's a simple board that you can buy and sell slots on that. It was fun to develop but we have a problem:

A slot is 17$ but to buy that slot we need to pay 98$ gas fee. I know that Ethereum 2.0 promises much better gas fees but It's not changing the fact that Ethereum and all other ERC20 tokens are not usable today.

So, I'm searching for better solutions. Do you have any suggestions?

My needs are:

- Its price must not change very fast, stable as much as possible.
 - Affordable development and transaction costs.
 - Ability to create and delete wallets programmatically.
 - Ability to listen to incoming transactions for these wallets.
 - If you help me with that subject I'll be very happy. Thanks!

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 05:29:42 PM

I and my friend built an app on Ethereum network. It's living on https://etherboard.io It's a simple board that you can buy and sell slots on that. It was fun to develop but we have a problem:

A slot is 17$ but to buy that slot we need to pay 98$ gas fee. I know that Ethereum 2.0 promises much better gas fees but It's not changing the fact that Ethereum and all other ERC20 tokens are not usable today.

My needs are:

The closest should be ETC. They were same until few years ago then development split. You can probably have a project on both asset platforms.
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 05:54:09 PM

Why do not you use some second layer solutions like raiden? Second option is that you should wait for ethereum network upgrade to eth 2.0 chain. If you do not have these two options in your book then you can switch to binance smart chain, tron or polka dot for faster and cheaper transactions.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
optimisticcm

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 06:03:33 PM

My needs are:

Your domain name cleary says ether so i do not think that moving away from eth network would be wise for your business so i would also suggest to look for scalability solutions that can reduce cost of transaction for your business.

Melignya

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 12:45:57 PM

On the one hand Bitcoin provides more anonymous transactions and Ethereum provides more flexible transactionsBut it sounds obvious, but it is bitcoin, there is a good article on blockster about ether and bitcoin.
https://blockster.com/blockdesk/1217_bitcoin-vs-ethereum-a-brief-history
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 4349

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2021, 01:02:20 PM

My needs are:

If you look at the blockchain analytics and the number of active users, then the closest solution is to use Binance Smart Chain.
You can use Solana, Cosmos, Avalanche, but there are not enough users in these blockchains, and many people will not use them to buy your project tokens.

...AoBT...
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████
The Alliance
of Bitcointalk
Translators
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███
████████████████▄
▄██
███████████████████▄
▄█
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
███████████████▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
..JOIN US..

▄███████████████████████▄
█████▀▀██████▀▀██▀▀▀▀████
████████▀██████████
████▄▄▄▄▀███████
███████▄▀▄█▀▀███████
████████████▀████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
█████

██████████
..HIRE US..
kidbounty

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

HELENA

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2021, 03:48:58 PM

My needs are:

Polygon, Solana, or Binance smart chain can be alternatives to ethereum. all three networks are cheaper and faster. their coin price is not too expensive either. and don't expect on ethereum 2.0, better switch to a better platform soon this will help you in development. what you need is on all three platforms. So try one of the ones I suggested earlier.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀          1,000,365%   APY          ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
hd49728
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1039

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 04:02:32 PM

The closest should be ETC. They were same until few years ago then development split. You can probably have a project on both asset platforms.
Ethereum Classic is very bad in development so I disagree.

what about the Binance smart chain (BSC). this network is similar to ethereum, with cheaper and faster transaction fees. and it looks like this network has everything you need. have you tried it?
Binance Smart Chain is good, fast transaction speed and transaction fee is cheaper than Ethereum. However, the chain needs to have more validators to make it more decentralized. Now it is very centralized. I think with Binance Smart Chain, BNB will have a price as same as Ethereum this year, in the next couple of years. 2024 or 2025, $3000 for one BNB.
Teknisi88

Activity: 1050
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 04:04:07 PM

Ploygon is on fire lately because of how they managed to help scale Ethereum. It will also look to use the optimistic rollup.
So hopefully for many of these projects, it will be easy for them to move their smart contracts to this scaled version.
cryptoknows

Activity: 277
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 06:46:03 PM

My needs are:

Try to study the cross-chains that offload the Eth Network and have their own ecosystems with a better blockchain than Eth.
For example Near Protocol, Solana, Matic.
All of these projects have excellent ecosystems with huge scalability and they are almost the same in functionality, but I will only describe Near:
The transaction speed of their blockchain is 100k per second.
Transaction fees approximately $ 0.01
Rainbow Brigde ETH-Near within the ecosystem.
developing ecosystem with better conditions for developers.
Broad NFT market with low fees.
And these are just some of the benefits! You can study blockchains and the possibilities of each project yourself and choose the one that suits your needs best.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2218

View Profile
August 26, 2021, 07:18:41 PM

Ploygon is on fire lately because of how they managed to help scale Ethereum. It will also look to use the optimistic rollup.
So hopefully for many of these projects, it will be easy for them to move their smart contracts to this scaled version.

Yes, Polygon looks really revolutionary. Its protocol is designed to scale and connect all Ethereum-based blockchains, so the Matic Network can be used as a gateway between the giant-cap networks like ETH, BNB, ETC, etc. Polygon has recently burst into the global cryptocurrency market, it is already heavily pumped by whales and other traders, but I still see the upside potential of this coin.

Unfortunately, ETH transaction fees are extremely high again, ERC20 token transfers are almost unacceptably expensive, so many projects that build decentralized applications are searching for another networks that support Ethereum smart contracts.

I also want to draw your attention to the Bitcoin related RSK Network. Many developers are tirelessly improving its infrastructure, constantly adding various DeFi features and even backing stablecoins. Perhaps this solution can meet all the requirements mentioned by the OP.
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 04:30:06 AM

My needs are:

The best solution is Aurora on NEAR, it has 2k TPS, sharding, has cross contract calls on Ethereum, a bridge to Ethereum, and uses ETH natively so your users don't need to buy a second token like MATIC or BSC. Gas fees are .01 USD.
Bitcoin Seller

Activity: 567
Merit: 148

View Profile
August 27, 2021, 06:11:51 AM

If you look for affordable transaction fees you should pay attention to layer 2 and different side-chains. The cheapest and the most popular sidechain today is Polygon, so you can try this platform.

As for the native token of platform, I haven’t heard about stable currencies for blockchain, so now there is no solution for this kind of problem I think, as Ethereum, BNB, Matic, DOT-all of them are not stable.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: