Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:44:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't redeem a paper wallet - HELP  (Read 104 times)
dende93 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 86

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 09:28:15 AM

Hi, a few years ago I gave my little sister some doge with a paper wallet, now given the price increase she wanted to redeem them.

I had made the wallet with bitcoinpaperwallet.com and encrypted with bip38.

The problem is right here, the site does not decrypt my key (the password is correct) but continues to load without results. I also tried another site (walletgenerator.com) and it has the same problem.

I also tried to create a new wallet with bip38, and it also stays loading indefinitely without encrypting it.

Ideas?

“War is Mass Murder, Conscription is Slavery, Taxation is Robbery.” Murray N. Rothbard

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1156

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 11:55:06 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2021, 01:06:40 PM by Jawhead999
Merited by dende93 (2)

Yes I've tried both of those sites and it's stuck while you want to encrypt with BIP38.

I found another sites here https://www.fujicoin.org/walletgenerator/?currency=Dogecoin&culture=en# it works for me, you can try to use it.

After you successfully decrypt your key, you can redeem your Doge in this site https://my.dogechain.info/#/overview

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 03:57:59 PM
Merited by dende93 (1)

Hi, a few years ago I gave my little sister some doge with a paper wallet, now given the price increase she wanted to redeem them.

The problem is right here, the site does not decrypt my key (the password is correct) but continues to load without results. I also tried another site (walletgenerator.com) and it has the same problem.

I also tried to create a new wallet with bip38, and it also stays loading indefinitely without encrypting it.

Ideas?
When did you used bitcoinpaperwallet.com though?

The reason why I'm asking is that the services turns out to be a scam, when the original owner sold the website years ago (2018), help me shut down the bitcoinpaperwallet.com scam.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
dende93 (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 11:42:35 AM

Yes I've tried both of those sites and it's stuck while you want to encrypt with BIP38.

I found another sites here https://www.fujicoin.org/walletgenerator/?currency=Dogecoin&culture=en# it works for me, you can try to use it.

After you successfully decrypt your key, you can redeem your Doge in this site https://my.dogechain.info/#/overview

Thank you, it worked.
I still don't understand why the other sites didn't work  Huh

“War is Mass Murder, Conscription is Slavery, Taxation is Robbery.” Murray N. Rothbard
dende93 (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 11:44:19 AM

It seems that this will be difficult to find, especially for years, but what I am amazed at is why you used to keep your Doge token inside which would make you as complicated as it is today ?  Huh

It was a nice idea to give her something material like a paper wallet

dende93 (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 11:53:25 AM

Ideas?

The reason why I'm asking is that the services turns out to be a scam, when the original owner sold the website years ago (2018), help me shut down the bitcoinpaperwallet.com scam.

I created this doge wallet in the spring of 2018, but I used it again to create a bitcoin wallet in gen 2019, with the idea of ​​having my ticket to mars to be redeemed in 2029  Grin

Do you think those funds are at risk? It's 0.1 btc, wouldn't they swept it already if it was compromised?

Yaunfitda

Activity: 2842
Merit: 575

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 12:05:20 PM
Merited by dende93 (1)

Ideas?

I created this doge wallet in the spring of 2018, but I used it again to create a bitcoin wallet in gen 2019, with the idea of ​​having my ticket to mars to be redeemed in 2029  Grin

Do you think those funds are at risk? It's 0.1 btc, wouldn't they swept it already if it was compromised?

According to the reddit post that I link above, the original owner sold it in 2018 so possible that your funds in at risk here.

So if I'm in your shoes better to move it out, just to be in the safe side. But still the final decision is yours my friend and wish you the best in your decision, 0.1 BTC is already huge at the current price.

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1156

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 12:29:09 PM
Merited by dende93 (1)

Thank you, it worked.
I still don't understand why the other sites didn't work  Huh
There's many possibilities:
1. The other sites already got abandoned from the owner since there's no more update from both of the sites (last updated on 2018 and 2019).
2. They didn't support to encrypt/decrypt with BIP38 more.
3. Under maintenance/bugs/vulnerability etc.

If you create/run it on online, your funds are at high risk since you're trusting "them" about your private keys.

Right now 0.1 BTC worth for $4,900 while hardware wallet (e.g. trezor, ledger) only cost around $50-$150. It's better to move your funds to hardware wallet.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
dende93 (OP)

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 05:13:06 PM

According to the reddit post that I link above, the original owner sold it in 2018 so possible that your funds in at risk here.

So if I'm in your shoes better to move it out, just to be in the safe side. But still the final decision is yours my friend and wish you the best in your decision, 0.1 BTC is already huge at the current price.

Thank you very much and I wish you the best too, I'll think about it. It would be a shame though because I wanted to spend that utxo exactly after 10 years, it was supposed to be some kind of ritual ahahah

If you create/run it on online, your funds are at high risk since you're trusting "them" about your private keys.

Right now 0.1 BTC worth for $4,900 while hardware wallet (e.g. trezor, ledger) only cost around $50-$150. It's better to move your funds to hardware wallet.

Nope, I created it offline using a dedicated ubuntu live usb.
Maybe I even used the same page I downloaded at the beginning of 2018 to do that of the doge, so maybe it was the version of the site before the sale to these malicious actors, but I'm not very sure about that.

As I said above, putting these 10m sats on a paper wallet it was not for a matter of security (I think I have every hw on the market lol) but it was like a symbolic thing linked to the date I put them and the date I wanted them to be spent.

Do you think I'm at risk, even if I made it offline? What percentages would you give to this probability? (sorry, I'm looking for a reason to honor my original plan  Cheesy)

lumierre

Activity: 862
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 08:42:32 PM

Most likely, a refund in such cases is impossible if the wallet key is lost. By the way, I read somewhere that the average amount of lost Bitcoins is 30% of the total amount. It is very sad that people are so frivolous about their own money, and then they look for ways to return what they have lost.

CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
TOKENS FOR BITCOINTALK USERS FOR SIGNATURES! ANN TREAD ! WHITEPAPER ! LITEPAPER !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: