Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:32:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can driver affects miner performance?  (Read 101 times)
joseyphil82 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 11:10:34 AM

Can driver version affects the performance of a mining rig to the pool? I was using a old nvidia driver and I updated to the latest perform then I noticed better performance when using NB miner, reports of hashrate on pool is more accurate, strange 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wingsbtc

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 01:11:59 PM

Most miners with latest updates works best with latest drivers so yes it's possible to see some snappier experience after changing or upgrading your driver to the latest version

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 02:21:05 PM

Drivers can make you get ridiculous hash rate and also drivers can improve miner stability, it's good to upgrade your driver either Nvidia or AMD to get the best out of latest mining softwares, though some old drivers can perform better than new, this have happened several times in the past

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Sledge0001

Activity: 582
Merit: 149

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2021, 04:38:14 PM

Most recently NVIDIA had a security issue that they patched in their older drivers.

I'd personally recommend using the latest drivers.
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 04:59:12 AM

That's not strange, sometimes a new driver update will destroy your mining performance and you will have to DDU install the driver and go back to the old one, driver can help and can also add more problem
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 06:47:55 AM

GPU drivers contain the GPU's OS, among other things, and updating an OS rarely improves the performance
of anything. Some updates hurt performance because they contain a fix workaround for some problem.

OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 07:43:00 AM

GPU drivers contain the GPU's OS, among other things, and updating an OS rarely improves the performance
of anything. Some updates hurt performance because they contain a fix workaround for some problem.
You are right, most especially those BETA drivers from Nvidia and AMD, they are always hot fixes for old drivers and I've seen whereby it add more problems to my mining rig, find a good driver and remove the auto update under the driver settings

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
mak013

Activity: 2366
Merit: 755

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 07:47:49 AM

Yes, it can. Both to increase and to decrease your hashrate. And not every driver update. So, if you decided to upgrade your drivers - save your old driver version and be ready to downgrade, if your hashrate goes down.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 09:33:29 AM

Most times it's not drivers fault for getting low hashrate when mining, once a windows update crawls into your PC things will start going side ways and it's easier to start suspecting the driver instead of the windows update, but yes drivers do affects performance sometimes
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 04:40:38 PM

Can driver version affects the performance of a mining rig to the pool? I was using a old nvidia driver and I updated to the latest perform then I noticed better performance when using NB miner, reports of hashrate on pool is more accurate, strange 🤔🤔🤔🤔
Not every video card has an increase in hash rate when the driver is updated. I have seen the opposite effect on older 10x0 series video cards.
I would read the Readme.txt from your miner and see what version of drivers the miner developer recommends to use for your video card.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 05:12:25 PM

Since you get better hashrate and performance isn't that good? Why call it strange? Drivers are updated everytime to fix issues on the old drivers, this is normal it's why we must always update drivers not just for graphic card only

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: