Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:51:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a bargain? Need help recognizing miner!  (Read 85 times)
z_miner (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2021, 03:30:52 PM

I just got an offer to buy some used ASIC miners for a very good price, possibly.

The Person selling them told me that the name of the miner is M3 v2.9. I did a bit of research and found out that the MicroBT Whatsminer M3 is also called M3 v1 and the MicroBT Whatsminer M3x is also called M3 v2.

But I can't find anythng about a miner called M3 v2.9! Sad

Can anyone help me?
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 12:26:16 AM

I just got an offer to buy some used ASIC miners for a very good price, possibly.
But I can't find anythng about a miner called M3 v2.9! Sad

Because there is probably no miner named M3 v2.9, there is only M3 and M3x which some people call M3 v2, this could be some modded miner with some weird brand based on the M3x, a bit overclocked with an extra 1 or 2 terahash, there is plenty of such gears in the Chinese market, the other possibility which is more likely is that your source is a scammer.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
z_miner (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 03:23:29 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2021, 11:23:37 PM by frodocooper

Hey, thanks a lot for your reply! I'm going to meet up with him soon so I will get more information. I'll share it here.

Normally I would think that this is a scamer too but in this case I'm pretty sure he isn't because it's a deal I got from a ministry in my country. The person was mining bitcoin without a license and stealing the electricity so he got a fine he now can't pay and is offering me the miners if I pay his fine.

If the miners were to be Whatsminer m3 or m3x would $150 per unit be a good price? Electricity over here is about $0.04 per kW. My calculations said I would be making about $2,600 a month with 60 machines.

And even if everything goes wrong with the 60 machines I would be able to get a mining license and buy more asic miners from more reliable sources later on. So I think I should take the deal.

What do you think?
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6405

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 12:02:46 AM

If the miners were to be Whatsminer m3 or m3x would $150 per unit be a good price? Electricity over here is about $0.04 per kW. My calculations said I would be making about $2,600 a month with 60 machines.

In theory and based on the current figures you shuold be able to make a net profit of $75 a month per miner,  which means ROI will be 2 months, which is just about perfect, but since these numbers do change, you would never know, however, $150 is indeed a great deal given the fact that they go above for above $200 in China.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████