Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:03:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recover Paper Wallet  (Read 412 times)
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16654

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2021, 09:28:54 AM
Merited by o_e_l_e_o (2)

Paging @LoyceV. Would you be happy to be a trusted third party and confirm this PM?
I could, but there's not really a point: bitcoinermatt has -3 already, so obviously he has nothing to lose. Verifying the PM doesn't add much, and I have no reason to believe the PM is fake.

That being said, I can verify it if OP trusts me and sends me his CAPTCHA URL (so I don't expose my IP and don't have to spend 5 minutes clicking fire hydrants) and password by PM. After this, he'll have to reset the URL and change his password. But again, it's probably not worth the effort.

Hello, concerning your Paper wallet issue, if you want, I could help you recover it. You can send me a picture of the paper wallet and I'll tell you what to do from there.  Wink
I got a PM from this guy and just for the record, I think the people here ought to see this....
You can leave him negative feedback by yourself, with a Reference link to your post quoting his PM.

I wasn't aware Mozilla were offering a VPN, but on closer inspection it runs on the Mullvad VPN network, which is one of those recommended by privacytools.io. Do they accept bitcoin payments?
Yes Smiley Or cash by post Tongue
But I'm ashamed to admit my "favourite" payment method for Mullvad: BCH Shocked Unlike Bitcoin, it's accepted by Mullvad with 0 confirmations, and fees are low. You can literally pay any amount, so if you want a trial, just pay them for a few hours. I'll PM you a 12 hour account (€0.08, just because I like Mullvad).

I remember the days I paid around 0.001BTC per day for a VPN, that now gets me almost a year.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18512

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 10:35:43 AM

I could, but there's not really a point: bitcoinermatt has -3 already, so obviously he has nothing to lose.
You are probably right, but I was keen to open/support a flag against this user and I wouldn't be comfortable doing that without independently verifiable proof. Further, asking people to send him pictures of their private keys is much more relevant from a "high risk in a trade" point of view than plagiarism is, in my opinion.

Yes Smiley Or cash by post Tongue
I was actually wondering if Mozilla accept bitcoin directly for their VPN service, as opposed to Mullvad itself. I know Mullvad do from your previous comments, although I admit I've never gotten round to using them since I have no complaints with my current VPN provider and my subscription doesn't expire for a while yet.

I'll PM you a 12 hour account (€0.08, just because I like Mullvad).
Thanks! I'll give it a whirl.
t00nces22 (OP)

Activity: 32
Merit: 8

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 06:33:57 PM

Haha, no, it's not my site. I simply plugged their receiving addresses in to block explorers for the relevant coins you mentioned (BTC, ETH, and LTC), looking for an incoming transaction made around the same time as your last post for roughly the correct value. Everything on most blockchains is completely public. Knowing an address is all that is needed to look at all transactions involving that address.

I wasn't aware Mozilla were offering a VPN, but on closer inspection it runs on the Mullvad VPN network, which is one of those recommended by privacytools.io. Do they accept bitcoin payments?

Yes, I knew that most crypto transactions were publicly viewable, I just thought it would be a little harder and ambiguous to pick out any specific transaction. I have no idea if they accept crypto, I opted to pay with my AmEx since it will be considered a business expense for my taxes.

As far as the "take a pic" guy, I really didn't think there would be some draconian punishment meted out, I just wanted to let people here see what a board member was willing to do to steal from someone they thought was unaware. While I was at a loss to know how to get the coin back into the wild, I knew better than to pass a pic along. Others might not be so informed or aware. I thought it was important the movers and shakers and the helpful on the board were made aware of a douche in their midst. I know I will make it a point to warn others of "take a pic" douche if I see him on the board.

LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16654

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2021, 06:53:15 PM

@t00nces22: If your Bitcoins were from "years ago": was that before or after August 1, 2017? If it's older, you still own some Forkcoins (worth about $900 per Bitcoin you owned).

t00nces22 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 10:12:04 PM

@t00nces22: If your Bitcoins were from "years ago": was that before or after August 1, 2017? If it's older, you still own some Forkcoins (worth about $900 per Bitcoin you owned).

Got them! Thanks.
bitcoinermatt

Activity: 120
Merit: 63

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 01:51:17 AM

Haha, no, it's not my site. I simply plugged their receiving addresses in to block explorers for the relevant coins you mentioned (BTC, ETH, and LTC), looking for an incoming transaction made around the same time as your last post for roughly the correct value. Everything on most blockchains is completely public. Knowing an address is all that is needed to look at all transactions involving that address.

Yes, I knew that most crypto transactions were publicly viewable, I just thought it would be a little harder and ambiguous to pick out any specific transaction. I have no idea if they accept crypto, I opted to pay with my AmEx since it will be considered a business expense for my taxes.

As far as the "take a pic" guy, I really didn't think there would be some draconian punishment meted out, I just wanted to let people here see what a board member was willing to do to steal from someone they thought was unaware. While I was at a loss to know how to get the coin back into the wild, I knew better than to pass a pic along. Others might not be so informed or aware. I thought it was important the movers and shakers and the helpful on the board were made aware of a douche in their midst. I know I will make it a point to warn others of "take a pic" douche if I see him on the board.

What tells you I was going to steal your BTC? I only wanted to help you and that's what I get as a response? Ok, fine, but you could of simply replied to my PM and refuse.
t00nces22 (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 02:42:45 AM

What tells you I was going to steal your BTC? I only wanted to help you and that's what I get as a response? Ok, fine, but you could of simply replied to my PM and refuse.

Yeah, sorry. What was I thinking? Just post your bank info and username and password and I'll drop a couple bucks in as an heartfelt apology.[/FONT
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: