Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:32:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Step by step crypto purchase to wallet  (Read 126 times)
Hatchetjack (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 03:20:22 AM

New to cryptocurrency. Been trading stocks and options. Want to try crypto. But I Want to make sure I have pretty much grasped the idea before I Totally commit. So here goes my questions: first I Join and exchange like Coinbase or Kraken. Transfer my money to them and purchase a crypto. I want to put it in cold storage probably paper wallet. So my question is — let’s say I join Kracken purchase a crypto do I need to download a program just to get it to Put my currency into bitaddress.org Or can I go straight from Kraken to the bitaddress to create a paper wallet. I am not clear on how to get from my exchange account with my currency into The paper wallet. Somehow I am missing a step in my head. I have seen how they create the random codes on bitaddress but not sure how they got the currency from the exchange to the wallet Thanks for your help and I will most likely have more questions .
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1158

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 04:08:45 AM

What program do you mean?

If you want to transfer your coin from exchanges (e.g. coinbase or kraken) you don't need to install any program, just directly send it from the exchanges to your paper wallet address (public address).

If you mean about the program of "offline version" to create paper wallet on bitaddress.org, then it's more safe since you wouldn't get vulnerability when you create in on online version. Here's the guide [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 04:21:38 AM

Tip: if you're not really really knowledgeable in terms of security, I heavily suggest against using paper wallets. There are simply so much steps you could fuck up that could potentially end up with you leaking your wallet's private keys.

You're better off purchasing a cheap but reputable hardware wallet from either Ledger[1] or Trezor[2] if you're planning on holding long-term. If you can't afford them yet, use a reputable non-custodial wallet such as Electrum[3] for desktop or BlueWallet[4] for mobile.

[1] https://ledger.com/
[2] https://trezor.io/
[3] https://electrum.org/
[4] https://bluewallet.io/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
nakamura12

Activity: 2282
Merit: 669

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 10:34:36 AM

Let's say you purchased crypto on kraken and you have now crypto in your kraken then open kraken and send your btc to your new wallet by filling up your new wallet address which is your new account in bitaddress. That's the only way to transfer your crypto to another wallet if the wallet you use is custodial and you don't have the private key. If you have the private key then you can just import your wallet to another wallet provider.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: