Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:28:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Average shares per 30 min  (Read 121 times)
MrCryptoMan (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 06:57:50 PM

I have the impression that the longer my machine is mining, the average shares (jobs) decreases.

For example, in the first 30 minutes my machine runs 190 jobs and when I evaluate the next 30 minutes, that number drops to 140.
Is there anything that can be done to maintain the productivity of the first 30 minutes?

Does this also happen to you?
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 12:28:30 PM

What are you mining exactly? Eth? And what pool are you using cos that matters the most, also before complaining about shares and job decreases leave your miners be for hours and check, when you start a miner it will have amazing speed at first, assuming you have 30mhs it may display over 30mh on pool and after few minutes it will decrease and after some minutes again it will become stable to the exact amount of hashrate you get, Ive watched this severally on phoenix miner and Trex miner
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 01:28:13 PM

not every share is same. for example share at 1000mhs difficulty pays you 0.00001$ but if you find share at 20Ghs then reward will be 20x to 1000mhs you found before. Every pool is different difficulty so shares will be different too. but in the end you will be getting nearly same amount of money. long run rigs will be more lucky finding good shares.
Dont pay attention how many shares you got pay attention how much you are getting payed. and pay attention not have many rejected shares thats it all to know.
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 02:05:45 PM

Focus more on what you get at the end of every 24 hours of mining, if your calculator shows 6$ per day you should get that after 24hrs or even with little cents at the back, forget average shares per 30minutes, it doesn't say anything

MrCryptoMan (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 05:29:49 AM

Thank you all guys! Really helped me!
mak013

Activity: 2408
Merit: 758

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 07:04:26 AM

It does not matter how much shares you get for the half an hour. Look at the average for a day. And compare it with another day. Yet look at the steal and rejected shares - if it is more then 1% - smth is wrong - ping, overclock, etc.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███