Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 02:05:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't mine with T-Rex or GMiner through VPN  (Read 80 times)
MinLum (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 08:51:54 PM

I'm connecting to the interwebs through a VPN (currently checking out Nord) and for security reasons, I won't connect without one.  I've successfully mined a few £££ via NiceHash using DaggerHashimoto (Excavator v1.6.2a).  However, when using T-Rex or GMiner to mine ETH via the ethermine pool, I can't connect.  GMiner says "Failed: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" then "All user mining pools are unavailable" then "Miner terminated, watchdog will restart process after 10 seconds".  T-Rex just says "ERROR: No connection, retry after 10 seconds".

I'm not sure why NiceHash can connect with no issues.  Interestingly, I tried the default beam, etc, eth, and eth+zil bat files from the GMiner 2.44 zip and I can connect to beam and eth+zil, but not etc and eth.  I tried both Ethermine (eu1.ethermine.org) and MiningPoolHub (europe.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20535) pools in GMiner with no luck.  Help!
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 12:25:17 PM

Then keep trying other eth pool like spark pool or poolin, why would you want to use VPN anyways? VPN is bad for mining and it will have bad effect on your earnings, watch out for latency
MinLum (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 05:06:53 PM

No go on sparkpool either.  The internet is shared among the people renting rooms in the house so I wouldn't trust how secure it is.  It's VPN or nothing, but luckily NiceHash seems to work stable for the past 24+ hours.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: