Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:18:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: taking profit can be hard sometimes.  (Read 1547 times)
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 04:50:16 AM

some traders and investors find it hard to take profit even after making good profit on investment. this can be as a result of aiming to sell at a desired price that is higher or hoping to hold the tokens for more longer time.  its not everyone that can do this patiently and some usually regret their actions. the secret is to make decision and stand by it and also be satisfied by little profits , take out your investments and some little profits and then leave the rest for long term.

kindly share your ideas that might be helpful to solving this issue.

Experience is the best teacher, when it comes to trading you are always faced with your greed and your desire this is not easy sometimes your feeling gets better over the right decision, once you've experienced everything, you can control your greed and you will have an insight on what to do when face with this kind of situation, I'm not saying you shoulds cast caution to do the wind but do make an analysis and learn from every lesson that comes along.

aryana42

Activity: 1190
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 04:57:04 AM

I agree with you, we have to set a price to sell coins. If the target is met it is best to sell some immediately, and some of it remains invested. A person's greedy nature can lead to a fart that should be obtained instead of just leaving. It was caused by greedy traits that wanted more profit but reality said another. The expected higher price instead fell to the bottom, so he could not sell the coins.
Yes, but that only happens to people who do not have the patience in investing and trading, because when the price has fallen and has not reached the desired target, all you have to do is hold it and wait for the price increase to return to the price point that we have determined.
cafee_orange

Activity: 1022
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 07:00:15 AM

some traders and investors find it hard to take profit even after making good profit on investment. this can be as a result of aiming to sell at a desired price that is higher or hoping to hold the tokens for more longer time.  its not everyone that can do this patiently and some usually regret their actions. the secret is to make decision and stand by it and also be satisfied by little profits , take out your investments and some little profits and then leave the rest for long term.

someone's desire to invest is to seek a lot of profit, but not everyone gets these benefits due to impatience in waiting for a long time, too forceful in taking the results. some of them even panicked and withdrew their money. investing in the long term will certainly get maximum results, by doing so of course investors will get the results of their work.

Viscore

Activity: 3052
Merit: 647

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 10:24:56 AM

Taking profit is making money, and making money is hard.

Investing has two results only, you either loss or end up profitable, that is if you know how to end it well.

There's no we can hold shorter and aim for a bigger profit, it should be a long term hold, however, there are times like what we are witnessing now, which is the bull run, it gives us an opportunity to sell at a good profit percentage and it's up to us if if we sell or not, but we should understand that delaying the selling is too risky as bull run does not stay for long, so you should be smart and do the right thing.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Smitty Werben Man Jensen

Activity: 1568

COMBONetwork

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 10:32:12 AM

Greed and also not being patient is one of the reasons why many traders today are losing money. I think people who trade have their own targets for take profit. if we buy without a purpose, of course we will get a loss. I suggest you to learn technical trading first so you can get the right position to sell or buy it. trading is not just buying or selling. I was also in that phase before
When we trade, of course we have to have a strategy because without it we will not profit and even lose,
and patience is one of the strategies, with us having the patience we know when to sell or buy and other things related to trading,
the most important thing is we have to learn from experience so that in the future we can get big profits

trauchot

Activity: 1764
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 11:31:33 AM

I agree that many investors and traders have this, and unfortunately everyone goes through this and many do not understand that you need to get out in right time, well, of course, everyone has their own goals and therefore everyone decides by himself when to sell his cryptocurrencies, for example, when I see that my profit has doubled, I am already withdrawing some part of my investments in order to be with good profit already in any case, someone does it differently, each has its own strategy and goals.
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 11:38:35 AM

One of the limiting factors in some countries is also tax laws which make your profit withdrawals much harder. In some EU countries they consider you as a full or part time trader and you have to pay all the costs towards the country. Thats why its sometimes not an easy decision to deposit your earnings on a bank.

aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 11:39:57 AM

actually not too difficult, the most important thing is to believe in the decisions taken. many people find it difficult to take profits even though they have already made a big profit, because he hears too many suggestions. sometimes asking people for their opinions is great, but too much will only make you doubt. in the end you will find it difficult to make decisions.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1672

Pizza to the Moon

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2021, 12:15:31 PM

...kindly share your ideas that might be helpful to solving this issue.

Many people take profits in parts, but I prefer another strategy that allows you to maximize the profit from the transaction. When the coin price goes up, I just move the stop loss higher and thus keep the profit if the price suddenly goes down. Thus, I do not limit myself to the price already reached and am ready to get even more profit.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 12:17:26 PM

Of cos, taking profits can be hard if you haven't lose while trying to reach a target, I can boldly say that I've never for once make any reasonable amount of money from crypto when I used to be so greedy, I always want to make the best profits so I kept holding my coins untill they all become useless, I got angry and decide to never hold coins for too long no matter how good they coins look and it changed my life for the better
New_order

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 12:42:52 PM

Taking profits is only hard for the greedy people, there is nothing you can say that will change their thoughts until they become a victim and they will learn from it, this happens to me too but that's a long time ago, now every ROI is an opportunity that won't last for long, no matter how small be willing to take profits
lousie9

Activity: 1680
Merit: 263

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 12:57:46 PM

yes, I think every investor before investing in any coin must be the result of their own research and also have a sales target that they have set in advance. but in many cases it doesn't always work, especially when the price of the coin goes down people start to panic and sell at a loss (although it's not all like that), some are impatient and sell as fast as possible etc ...but for me personally when my coins go up then I will sell some and use my profits to invest in other coins.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Coinsfera
Copper Member

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

Buy Bitcoin in Dubai | Buy Bitcoin in Istanbul

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2021, 01:05:59 PM

The experience of cryptocurrency holders changed massively in December 2020. Bitcoin was trading above the levels which it was in 2017 and many people did not see it through. The gains after 3 years are too long for bitcoiners. But this changed everything about cryptocurrencies. They began to think that they (who had bitcoin in 2017) waited for 3 years, why should not I wait for more than that?! Now some people do not care about the daily ups and downs. They do not hurry to sell their coins with a 10% decrease in price. It is like they got immune to lose by observing how others did during 3 years. However, it is not true for daily traders. They are here to take profits. They buy when candles are red and sell when candles are green.

coinsfera.com

Buy Bitcoin in Dubai | Buy Bitcoin in Istanbul | Buy Bitcoin in Kosovo | Buy Bitcoin in London
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1767

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 01:26:30 PM

People who are successful in long-term investing, they often do it with cold capital / money.

If you don't invest with cold money generally you will regret it later, you know what I mean by cold money.

Example:
As I saw in one of the members who talked about investing in Doge coins, he bought them in 2019, when the price of Doge was $ 0.003 he doesn't remember anymore, the money invested was around $ 800.
Yesterday he opened his trading market and saw the doge price of $ 0.08, how many times the profit he got.

Well, this story could happen to you and me, only, most people do it with hot money, needs and sells everything, when the price of the coin goes up, sorry, that's the weakness of every human being, doesn't have a fixed target.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
GideonGono

Activity: 2030
Merit: 501

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2021, 01:37:25 PM

It is really hard to take profit if you aren't satisfied with it and you are greedy.
I know some people who are also having a hard time taking their profit because they believe that it could still go up.
But one of my friend told me how he easily takes it,
You just need to be contented with what you gain it is better that way than to lose profit because of holding.
Learn to appreciate it instead of comparing it to others or counting what you could had gained.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kevinzxz

Activity: 1470
Merit: 105

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh |🔥Launchpad on TON

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 01:43:21 PM

some traders and investors find it hard to take profit even after making good profit on investment. this can be as a result of aiming to sell at a desired price that is higher or hoping to hold the tokens for more longer time.  its not everyone that can do this patiently and some usually regret their actions. the secret is to make decision and stand by it and also be satisfied by little profits , take out your investments and some little profits and then leave the rest for long term.

If I always set my target and sell gradually, so if the price has increased according to my target, then I will sell it gradually and of course my advice if you want to invest in cryptocurrency then you shouldn't be greedy, because if you are greedy then you can lose your money and my target is usually like this :
1. sell 50% of my coin when the price has increased 100%
2. sell 25% of my coin when the price has increased 150%
3. sell 25% of my coin when the price has increased 200%
but if I already sold my coin in stage 1 or 2 and the price go down, then I will buyback until all of my target are achieved.

youdacapt

Activity: 1820
Merit: 295

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2021, 01:44:00 PM

For me, i think and believe taking profit is not hard; it is traders that complicate issues for themselves and this is where discipline comes in. As a trader you have to be disciplined; discipline in trading helps you to stick to your trading plan. Also as traders, you need to work on your emotions; trading with emotions means you could get greedy when you should take profit. Develop your trading skills and always take profit; taking profit does not stop you from holding little percentage of the token

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 02:29:05 PM

Lol, if you get rekt while holding you will find 'taking profit' to be very easy, I don't blame you cos it's always every new investors dream to be a whale or get rich through holding some altcoins but most times a crypto project can dissapoint

max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2021, 02:35:02 PM

yes as investors run of one with favorable strategy as expecting with use of limit on returns to match with plan as those have with risks and resource involved with work of manage. that investors might work a bit to refer one as fine of option with decision as expending use with funds or more of resource as following length of terms with the investment project.

Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 03:15:46 PM

Agree to make a profit in crypto was easy sometimes and then we just forgot the risk in investing. Actually, it's easy to make a profit in cryptocurrency compared to others like stock or other investment but as it is as long as you are patient enough. Most of the investors lost their money in cryptocurrency just because they were not patient enough or maybe wait for the right entry to start the investing or wait for the right timing to sell their coin. And sometimes what happened is we become so greedy and we have a high profit in just a short time which will not really happen all the time.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: