Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:10:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: taking profit can be hard sometimes.  (Read 1547 times)
llecrf

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2021, 02:32:09 AM

I see a lot of people complain about taking profits being hard but the only reason why taking profits could be hard is because of Greed. If you research a coin properly before buying it you should have a clear plan that is, you should have a entry points and a predetermined exit points. by doing this you won't have any headache of when to take profit
Yes, doing research is something that has to be done before investing, but when we have already made a little profit, we want to make a bigger profit, that's where I learned, getting a little profit is better than not making a profit.
Right now I'm starting to invest in top coins and trying to trade with a small profit target which I think is enough to buy 2 cups of coffee Wink

☏ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☏ Telefy ☏ ▌☎ ▌ ☎ ▌ ☏ 
█ ⚔ ▌WORLDS FIRST CREDIT SCORE ORIENTED MULTI CHAIN DEFI SOLUTION ▌⚔ █
telefy.finance
Amejoaquim

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2021, 03:19:11 AM

We just need to set our goal so we don't lose opportunity to sell.

I personally, when my target has been reached im gonna sell it with no regret, even though the price rise after i sell i will not regret it because my target already achieved.
Gayong88

Activity: 1540
Merit: 22

View Profile
April 28, 2021, 05:55:18 AM

In my opinion, only 2 dominant patterns are used in my opinion. firstly investing in the long term and secondly the short term pattern. I have tried both myself. if it feels the same, but the difference is different in terms of return on profit and profit.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀████████████████     S E C O N D L I V E     ████████████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
♦      CHOOSE LIFE      ♦     CHOOSE SPACE     ♦   CHOOSE FRIENDS   ♦
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
Rampagoe004

Activity: 1442
Merit: 291

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2021, 06:11:35 AM

In investing the risk that we receive is so great that we must have a strong mentality in the face of market movements, In investing we must also throw the greed that is owned by every human being because many who get losses due to their gluttony in gaining large profits, then this is what causes us sometimes difficult to get profit even in small amounts.

Duelbits
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
///  PLAY FOR FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
PLAY NOW
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
ringgo96

Activity: 1568
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2021, 06:25:44 AM

Trading must use analysis, if you use analysis, you will definitely be able to benefit, how your trading technique or investment must be correct.
in a bull market like today shouldn't you get high profits? from the results of trade or investment. if it is not certain there is something wrong in your method of investing or trading. learn more by reading books and the internet

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
efreeti

Activity: 350
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 07:54:21 AM

I personally, when my target has been reached im gonna sell it with no regret, even though the price rise after i sell i will not regret it because my target already achieved.

It is also ok to adjust the goal frequently. If you get to find out any news or changes in the team or the code, it's important to include it into you considerations. Not necessary to start from zero again with your thought process, but an iteration of your opinion is key to achieving your peace of mind when in fact you decide to take some profit.

One problem I personally see is hesitation. If you hesitate too long and don't develop and execute a plan, you will be left with bad emotions in the end. Better make a clear cut decision and stick with it. Sell 25% or maybe 50% and see the profits you made as a new opportunity for another investment even if you sold too early.

Having some liquidity available yourself is worth a lot. You see some new project but damn it, all you have is tied up in this other project you liked so much and that started losing value yesterday. Now you hope it recovers while you watch the other project gaining traction.

Less emotions more rationality is my credo, but I admit I also had to learn it the hard way.
wiss19

Activity: 2128
Merit: 341

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 08:09:21 AM

Trading must use analysis, if you use analysis, you will definitely be able to benefit, how your trading technique or investment must be correct.
Yes, only through technical analysis we can be sure about our trading or investment will be correct and profitable and if we are into trading or investment without  technical analysis then that is just gambling. We are all know what are the results gambling can give usually.

in a bull market like today shouldn't you get high profits? from the results of trade or investment. if it is not certain there is something wrong in your method of investing or trading. learn more by reading books and the internet
I believe making profits in bull market is too easier but people are going greedy when their profits keep growing and that is the reason they are hesitating to book profits and leaving their trade open which again turns negative as pumping is not happening continuously.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2021, 08:20:45 AM

let it be known today that he who does not take profit has not made profit irrespective of what profit has been observed as a result of price speculation. People who do not take profit easily see the prices of their investments go from 100% to -100% and then they get to regret not taking profit. Always ensure to take profit.

some traders and investors find it hard to take profit even after making good profit on investment. this can be as a result of aiming to sell at a desired price that is higher or hoping to hold the tokens for more longer time.  its not everyone that can do this patiently and some usually regret their actions. the secret is to make decision and stand by it and also be satisfied by little profits , take out your investments and some little profits and then leave the rest for long term.

kindly share your ideas that might be helpful to solving this issue.

Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 08:55:58 AM

Good mindset! why bother yourself regretting selling too early if you already achieved your set goals.

Better than being greed and missed out the opportunities when sideways happened. Lots of traders lose their money in this kind of
decision making, instead of being contented they choose to push for more. End outcome turned against them and they'll regret it in the other way.
CrossroadBTC

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 09:55:57 AM

I sold my SOVryn coins at 40$ and after few days the coin reached 80$ but honestly I don't think I've lost and it doesn't bother me because I bought those coins at 3$ each and that gain is enough for me, taking profits isn't hard when you made enough, I could feel like not taking profits if the coin only surge to 8$ but 3$ to 40$ is huge enough for me

paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 10:11:43 AM

It is said that it is hard to part with winners. Many people re-balance their portfolio from time to time and that usually means that you would need to sell those assets that have made you good profit versus those that have not. Is like weeding out the loosers as opposed to weeding out the loosers.

Anyway, the best way is to set a target price o several targets to reduce your position automatically or else you will always face hard decissions.

efreeti

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 08:15:35 AM

It is said that it is hard to part with winners. Many people re-balance their portfolio from time to time and that usually means that you would need to sell those assets that have made you good profit versus those that have not. Is like weeding out the loosers as opposed to weeding out the loosers.

Anyway, the best way is to set a target price o several targets to reduce your position automatically or else you will always face hard decissions.

It is hard to part with winners indeed and sometimes for illogical reasons. You have to keep in mind that tax considerations can also matter sometimes when you plan to rebalance your portfolio. You could be better off selling a loser at some point even if you think it goes up because you want to realize tax relevant losses, but you can of course rebuy it afterwards.
Jating

Activity: 2940
Merit: 809

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 10:55:02 AM

That's why we have the entry and exit strategy, so that you will not doubt yourself on taking profits because you have set it already. Otherwise, you will keep on asking yourself whether to take profits or not. Until such time that you may have missed it for reasons like the price goes down hard and then you are trap for a long time.

So in order to be successful here, you should have an exit plan as well. You sell, you take profits and then not look back at it so that you won't have any regrets.
HashingTower

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 11:01:18 AM

I'd take profit anytime if the offer is good enough and also it depends on the type of project, some projects are so good that you'd know they will surge more in value, that is if you have been in this space for long, anything starting from 3x is a good ROI for me

Reatim

Activity: 2842
Merit: 359

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 11:12:48 AM

I'd take profit anytime if the offer is good enough and also it depends on the type of project, some projects are so good that you'd know they will surge more in value, that is if you have been in this space for long, anything starting from 3x is a good ROI for me
Even x2 is more than enough for me because I'm not a Greed person and i know how to be contented .

But of course if given a chance then why not x3 right?

Just don't forget to Know how much is a good income and how much is the risk of losing , this market's volatility is really making our funds vulnerable from losing so make your best decision each time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
arifteguhr

Activity: 1246
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 11:37:11 AM

It depends on how your trading strategy is and also determines the profit. which of course will affect the benefits you will get. now when the bull market should be a momentum for holders to get investment profits. I myself have got a list of altcoins that will be bought and invested. and when the market is down you have to stay calm and not panic, because the average person is CL and they don't benefit

MOONBET[]          ░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒ 
     ▓██▒▓▓██████████▓▓██▓   
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▒     
          ░░░░░░░░░░░         
[]           ▓███████████████████
        ▓▓▓█▒▒▓               █
 ░▓▓█████▓▓█▒▓█               █
██▓▓▓░     █▒██               █
██ ▓█░     █▓      ▒██▓       █
 ██▓█▒     █▓    ▒██████▓░    █
  █▓    ████▓   ██████████▓   █
  ▓█    ████▒   ███████████   █
   ██   ▓███▓   ▓█████████    █
   ░█▓    ▒█▓       ███       █
    ██     █▓         ░    ▓█▓█
     ██    █▓              ▓█▒█
     ▒█▓   █▓ ░      ░░░░░░▒▓ █
      ██   ▓▓▓▓████████████████
       ███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓           
[][]

> TWITTER
> DISCORD
> MEDIUM
> TELEGRAM
jerlen17

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 12:25:55 PM

Yes it is. It is so very hard to tell if you gonna win or lose. Even if you do research, study some strategy on trading, sometimes you failed. Losing ur investments eventhough you think that you are knowledgeable enough on trading and you will earn more profit. It is always a gamble. You have to take the risk.. You win or you lose.
SacriFries11

Activity: 882
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 01:38:17 PM

Yes it is. It is so very hard to tell if you gonna win or lose. Even if you do research, study some strategy on trading, sometimes you failed. Losing ur investments eventhough you think that you are knowledgeable enough on trading and you will earn more profit. It is always a gamble. You have to take the risk.. You win or you lose.
I think we should be satisfy with our winning and in the market like this, holding is not the best option for the people that have time to monitor their tokens. This is also for people that have enough knowledge to buy low sell high. People that have experience with setting their entry and exit. Yes, it’s hard for someone to take profit if only aim high, and not just satisfy. We should control our greediness and we should focus more in taking profit even it’s little but we should be consistent.

BYBIT reddit                  █▀▀▄▄▄█▀█
            ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀
    ▄▄▄ ▄▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▄ ▄▄▄
  ▄▀  ▄▀    ▄▄      ▄▄    ▀▄  ▀▄
  ▀▄ █     ████    ████     █ ▄▀
    █       ▀▀      ▀▀       █
     █     ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀     █
▄▄▄▄  ▀▄                  ▄▀
█▄▄█▀▀████▀█▀▀██▀█▀█▀▀██▀█▀▀▀███▄
████ ▀▄██▀▄█ ▀ █▄▀ █ ▀ █ ██ █████
████ █ █ ███ ▀▄█▀▀▄█ ▀▄█ ██ █████
▀███████████████████████████
█▀▀█
           ▀▄        ▄▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SPOTS & DERIVATIVES
TRADING
24/7 CUSTOMER
SUPPORT

LAUNCHPAD /
LAUNCHPOOL
NFT
MARKETPLACE

▄█████████████▄
█████████████
█▄███████████
█████████████
████████████████▄
█████▀████▀ ▀ ▀████▄
██████████ ▀▀▀▄████
███████████ ███ ████
██████████▄ ▄ ▄████▀
█████████████████▀
█████████████
██████████▄██
▀█████████████▀

MOBILE APP
FOR IPHONE
& ANDROID
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
MOST RELIABLE
TRADING PLATFORM

GLOBAL // 2020
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                             █
                       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄              █
        ▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▄▄          █
   ▄▀▀█▀▀▀▄▄ ▄ ▄▀▀▀    ▄▀ ▀ ▀  ▀▄▄ ▀▄        █
  ▀▄ ▐▌▄████████▄▄ ▄ ▄  ▄██▄█▄▀██▄█▄ █       █
    ▀▀████████████████▄█▄▄██▄▀███████▄█      █
     ▄▀████████▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▄▀██▀▄████     █
   ▄██▀▀    ▀▀▀▀███▄     ▐█ ▄▄█▀█████████▄   █
  ▄█▌              ▀██   █▄▀▀▀ ▐▄██▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▀  █
  ▀▀                      ▀▀    ▀            █
                                             █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
int03h

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 02:33:17 PM

They have low profits and take early profits mainly due to habit. Many people are better at gong than gong to do so. Many people don't know how to take profits and put their positions at a loss.
The cryptocurrency market is tough and there are reversals so I support profit-taking even if it's only a few percent.
To practice the most profitable trading method, we need to be good at technical analysis, capital management and be satisfied with the profits we get. Entering a position is a single bet with their money, a small investment that can sometimes yield an impressive return.
Kelvinid

Activity: 2814
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 02:48:42 PM

They have low profits and take early profits mainly due to habit. Many people are better at gong than gong to do so. Many people don't know how to take profits and put their positions at a loss.
The cryptocurrency market is tough and there are reversals so I support profit-taking even if it's only a few percent.
To practice the most profitable trading method, we need to be good at technical analysis, capital management and be satisfied with the profits we get. Entering a position is a single bet with their money, a small investment that can sometimes yield an impressive return.
"NO pain NO Gain" that exactly how we describe crypto investment. We suffered losses, rise back, and finally wins. We just thinking negatively and then quit after a tragic loss in our life especially during our first entry, there is no way we could manage to survive. There are a lot of market tests that we have to wins. The market is so tough and that we need to be smart and give a response wisely.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀