Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:53:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Monero - Minergate?  (Read 189 times)
zxcv1 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 10:47:23 PM

I set up minergate and it uses my CPU and GPU simultaneously to mine Monero.

Reviews online show that many people are concerned about not being able to withdraw. Their status monitor page shows that nothing is online to mine except Monero.

Based on my research, seems legit. But, there's a chance of delays. The thing I liked is I got it set up and running right away easily, and while I continued researching I was already mining Monero.

Their withdrawal limit is only after 0.05 Monero. So, it can take some time, a quick math (nothing concrete, just a really rough estimate) was like up to 30 days for one system, depends on what you have, in order to withdraw.

I was wondering what the community thinks about this miner. I liked the GUI and login system and the ease of use. I don't have time frankly to learn it. I saw many other options via command line and miner pools, but I don't know who to choose and don't have time to research them all so having something up and running was nice.

What do you think about MinerGate to mine Monero? Good? Bad? Run away?

I wanted to mine ETH too but no such luck, and it would take time to learn how to set up the various miners available.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waywoos

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 12:12:19 AM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

Don’t use it. It uses free wallet.  You don’t get keys.   Miner gate is pretty much dead.  At one time it was doing okay. Just use xmrig and make free wallet. Way more profitable. I use support xmr and you can withdraw to any wallet that supports monero.  Min I think is 0.01
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 12:30:24 AM

I think its a terrible place to mine.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 02:37:41 AM

If you want to mine monero then mine at supportxmr, they also provide helpful steps from downloading your wallet, mining software, and configure the mining setting. The minimum withdrawal is quite high at 0.1 XMR but you want withdraw if your balance is less than that but they will charge you 0.001 XMR as fee if i remember correctly. Also don't mine monero using GPU, it's not worth it, just use the GPU to mine something else like ETH.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
sech1

Activity: 116
Merit: 66

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2021, 08:06:16 AM

Minergate is a scam that steals around 30% of your hashrate. Switching to a proper pool will give you 30% more, in other words. Freewallet is also a scam, they steal funds from random users, there's even a warning on the sidebar of https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/

Use the official wallet from getmonero.org and some pool from https://miningpoolstats.stream/monero that is not in top 5 - mining on large pools hurts decentralization and eventually your income.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 08:26:56 AM

I set up minergate and it uses my CPU and GPU simultaneously to mine Monero.

Reviews online show that many people are concerned about not being able to withdraw. Their status monitor page shows that nothing is online to mine except Monero.

Based on my research, seems legit. But, there's a chance of delays. The thing I liked is I got it set up and running right away easily, and while I continued researching I was already mining Monero.

Their withdrawal limit is only after 0.05 Monero. So, it can take some time, a quick math (nothing concrete, just a really rough estimate) was like up to 30 days for one system, depends on what you have, in order to withdraw.

I was wondering what the community thinks about this miner. I liked the GUI and login system and the ease of use. I don't have time frankly to learn it. I saw many other options via command line and miner pools, but I don't know who to choose and don't have time to research them all so having something up and running was nice.

What do you think about MinerGate to mine Monero? Good? Bad? Run away?

I wanted to mine ETH too but no such luck, and it would take time to learn how to set up the various miners available.
What is your processor and video card?
The video card can be used much more efficiently in the mining of other cryptocurrencies.
There are several opinions on the processor, but to get profit, it must have a lot of cores from 12-16 and consume a little electricity

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 09:42:41 AM

Even a seven years old kid will turn away from miner gate right now because it's the most crappy miner I've ever known, don't use that crap, if you like the miner because of its simplicity then there is a better one called Nicehash, it's as easy to use as minergate but waaayyyyy better .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1251

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2021, 09:50:26 AM

I remember trying it for a while and leaving my PC on for a couple of days just to let it mine. I remember it being legit and I have withdrawn a couple of XMR from it. I don't remember how much it was but I managed to withdraw it. It's definitely a risk you are going to take if you are going to use it. I wouldn't recommend for you to do it because I have read something about it that's why I didn't continue it anymore. Probably find a better pool to mine in or something.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 10:17:58 AM

About the withdrawal part you can definitely withdraw on minergate but the thing is minergate lacks good performance, the miner is badly build and not optimise, if your gpu is giving you 30mh on other miners you will be getting 15 to 20mh on minergate

Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 12:00:04 PM

Minergates suck, I used the miner to grab some Dogecoin and few eth in 2017, it works very well with CPU only but with GPU you will be mining with a very low hashrates, there is no way to tune things up for better results either, don't use minergate, use Nicehash instead

JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 02:43:43 PM

CPU mining is not bad on minergate, it works as intended and I was able to cash out every single coins I mined with CPU on that platform but I don't know if they've upgrade today? Also don't bother using GPU because you won't be able to get better hashrate on minergate

Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 04:16:18 PM

Minergate could have become one of the best mining platforms in crypto world now because it's a old platform since 2016 - 2017, still I'm surprised they failed to upgrade their platforms and make things better, it looks like a dead end to me right now, better find other platforms like betterhash or Minerstat

fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 05:43:09 PM

Just a friend of mine was doing an experiment the other day. For 2 incomplete days on the Minergate, the balance turned out to be 0.000747. Today at lunch he turned on mining on xmrpool.eu and in 5 hours he got a balance of 0.000203. For himself, he had already made a conclusion.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
zxcv1 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 06:20:11 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2021, 06:36:54 PM by zxcv1

I let it run overnight. GPU was at 500-600 h/s for rtx 2060 and cpu using 12 cores at 1300 h/s (1.22 kh/s).

I let it use PPLNS.

This morning I checked it out. It increased to .0001 monero. But both cpu and gpu were red "connection error". I realized I disabled my internet during the night, so that was my fault.

Today I tried to restart it because the app was frozen. After force quitting, I tried to turn it on, and GPU mining is stuck at 0.00. THen it times out and stops instead of retrying, and app freezes making me have to force quit again.

I even tried downloading the latest version from the website again in case they updated, and reininstalled it. Same problems.

EDIT: It's working again.

So, it's not a very good miner.

Problem is that it's very complicated to set up these miners, and I haven't found any easy setup.

I would like to mine ETH (Ethereum) and XMR (Monero). I need a simple guide to do it.

If they're going to say I have to use command prompt with no GUI, then I need them to tell me exactly what to type from start to finish. The "guides" simply say, "start it and get it running". Yeah, thanks a lot, HOW?!
zxcv1 (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 06:25:22 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2021, 06:42:04 PM by zxcv1

Even a seven years old kid will turn away from miner gate right now because it's the most crappy miner I've ever known, don't use that crap, if you like the miner because of its simplicity then there is a better one called Nicehash, it's as easy to use as minergate but waaayyyyy better .

Nicehash looks nice but it's a 2% fee which is VERY high.
Also, you CANNOT mine ETH or XMR with NiceHash.

So that choice is not a choice at all.

I need an easy way to mine ETH and XMR.
Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 03:35:10 PM

Well for your information I'm currently mining ETH on nicehash and I've been getting paid in BTC, I don't know where you get this details from but it's incorrect, do your own research and figure it out, ask others too I'm sure everyone knows about it

zxcv1 (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 12:27:48 AM

Well for your information I'm currently mining ETH on nicehash and I've been getting paid in BTC, I don't know where you get this details from but it's incorrect, do your own research and figure it out, ask others too I'm sure everyone knows about it

You're GETTING BITCOIN. You cannot GET ETH from nicehash. What point is it to "mine eth" if you DO NOT get eth? None!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: