Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:29:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP: Phoenix miner hangs on Ethermine pool  (Read 168 times)
dusan_silni (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 08:43:38 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2021, 08:55:18 PM by dusan_silni

Hi everyone. I'm new on this forum. I have a problem, every other pool works fine using phoenixminer, except Ethermine, it gets stuck on 'getting job' doesnt even get to creating DAG file (even using other pools every 20mins or so there is a line DEVFEE - suppose phoenix developer fee which autoconnects to ethermine port and should get back to whichever pool I currently mine on, but hangs still) cmd window is still there, no error, just hangs on the last line 'connected to ethermine pool/getting job' , I had to create timer batch file to pause and run again every 20mins to get consistant miner activity. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this? I'm using 5.5c latest w 2xRX 580s 8GB. Thanks.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2021, 08:59:29 PM

what is in your .bat file ?

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
dusan_silni (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 09:04:59 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2021, 09:16:26 PM by dusan_silni

"C:\PhoenixMiner_5.5c_Windows\PhoenixMiner.exe" -pool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -proto 2 -wal 0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -worker xxxxxx

Bare naked last try, tried with . between wal and worker, pause at the end (rx boost which I put for my polaris gpus) nothing changes. Proto is excluded usually, this was my last try. But it also just stops on other pools when it comes to devfee which changes to ethermine for a few secs, but should get back to the pool I mine on, right? It just hangs there instead. Here are screenshots with ethermine and hiveon pool. It does the same on ezil or any other.

https://imgur.com/B0Mhj8E
https://imgur.com/XcI11qm

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 07:50:04 AM

Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

PhoenixMiner.exe -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -pool2 ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal 0x30000000000000000000000000000000.worker1

pause

ssl://  You may have forgotten this.
Use my BAT file and everything will work for you.
I already forgot how to configure the Bat file for Windows Smiley
dusan_silni (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2021, 10:33:03 AM
Last edit: February 16, 2021, 10:57:37 AM by dusan_silni

Code:
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

PhoenixMiner.exe -pool ssl://eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -pool2 ssl://us1.ethermine.org:5555 -wal 0x30000000000000000000000000000000.worker1

pause

ssl://  You may have forgotten this.
Use my BAT file and everything will work for you.
I already forgot how to configure the Bat file for Windows Smiley

Unfortunately I already tried ssl before, tried your bat as well, no luck. Thanks anyway. Actually I think I tried every possible variation of commands for Phoenix. I also tried disabling AV and firewall, although I made rules with exceptions for miner, tried connecting to another network, still seems like any of the ethermine ports dont work. Ethermine wont even start making DAG (it says connected with green letters but thats it) no error messages just stays like that, Tested hiveon, nanopool, sparkpool, ezil, it all works just fine (my oc is mild, not pushing gpus hard, mild underclock and undervolt, memory untouched just tighter timings - temps 65c, vents around 50%), tried with cards on stock values too, but even on those pools there is time (every 20mins, sometimes 30-40) there is a line DEVFEE which changes current pool temporarily to ethermine, my guess is that Phoenixminer's devs charge that little bit of fee through ethermine and my miner still just stops ,window is there, doesnt close, it doesnt freeze its responsive, no error message just stays like that, as I wrote on my 1st post I have to use timer set to 20mins to have miner active. rmode command doesnt help either, because its restarts miner when gpu stops responding, and this seems like network issue which is seriously messing with my head for a month, just doesnt make sense. I can still mine, its just every 20mins I lose 30-40 secs when timer resets while gpus "warm up" that I dont have to lose if I solve this... I dont even mine on ethermine, its that devfee hangs my miner through ethermine, I'm currently using this:

Code:
"C:\PhoenixMiner_5.5c_Windows\PhoenixMiner.exe" -pool stratum1+tcp://eu.ezil.me:5555 -proto 2 -wal 0xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.zilxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -worker DusanSilni -rxboost 1 -epsw x -tstop 70
pause

Full path with quotes bc of admin rights needed to use rxboost command (and other memory timing related commands like mt)

This is my timer:
Code:
@echo off 
:loop
start "EZIL.bat" "EZIL.bat"
timeout /t 1200 >null
taskkill /f /im "PhoenixMiner.exe" >null
timeout /t 7 >null
goto loop

For now this is the only way I can mine without interruptions, and I dont feel like formatting bc I use this Pc regularly (yeah its not a rig, just gaming pc with 2x580), just tossed in another 580 8gb (already had one) sometimes I just mine with 2nd gpu when Im gaming, made a little case mod custom fan holder with magnets because top gpu was taking heat from bottom one.
https://imgur.com/AY5q3sS
https://imgur.com/RFNGZtL

Domi43

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 11:20:49 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2021, 12:31:10 PM by Domi43

Same problem almost a month now my GPU is RX 5500 XT. Had to change miner to fix it. The problem occurs when the developer is trying to take his fee and changing from my pool to ethermine pool then the miner stucks. Also if i set ethermine as my pool - miner is not starting.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1055

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 01:24:00 PM

Try Team Red Miner, this miner is one of the best for AMD video cards and it has a version for windows
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5059817
This miner has a reduced commission for video cards with a Polaris chip.
What AMD drivers are you using?
What is the size of the virtual memory file? You need to install at least 16 GB.

nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 04:19:11 PM

I see you have 2 cards.  I would start up 2 different instances, each mining with 1 card, and see if it still happens.  If one of them hangs, and the other doesn't that doesn't tell us the problem, but at least narrows it down  Grin
dusan_silni (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 05:31:25 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2021, 08:36:06 PM by dusan_silni

Try Team Red Miner, this miner is one of the best for AMD video cards and it has a version for windows
What is the size of the virtual memory file? You need to install at least 16 GB.

I'll give TeamRed miner a shot. Latest drivers amd stable 20.11.2. VM is set to 16GB.

I see you have 2 cards.  I would start up 2 different instances, each mining with 1 card, and see if it still happens.  If one of them hangs, and the other doesn't that doesn't tell us the problem, but at least narrows it down  Grin

Tried that, same thing...its something network related...
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 07:55:41 PM

I don't mean to degrade this teamredminer but it performs very worse for me compare to other miners, maybe it's because I'm using from nicehash software? I could be wrong but it's pretty bad inside nicehash, hashrate is very very low compared to phoenix miner
dusan_silni (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 08:12:11 PM

I don't mean to degrade this teamredminer but it performs very worse for me compare to other miners, maybe it's because I'm using from nicehash software? I could be wrong but it's pretty bad inside nicehash, hashrate is very very low compared to phoenix miner
Sadly, same for me. Just tried, phoenix gives me best hashrate by far...

Same problem almost a month now my GPU is RX 5500 XT. Had to change miner to fix it. The problem occurs when the developer is trying to take his fee and changing from my pool to ethermine pool then the miner stucks. Also if i set ethermine as my pool - miner is not starting.
Any luck solving? I still cant get any workaround other then setting timer (see posts above).
Domi43

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 09:11:24 PM

Any luck solving? I still cant get any workaround other then setting timer (see posts above).

Nope, i will also try your timer. The miner i use and it works perfect is NBminer, but as u said i prefer phoenix, has more hashrate tbh.
dusan_silni (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 03:43:37 AM

Nope, i will also try your timer. The miner i use and it works perfect is NBminer, but as u said i prefer phoenix, has more hashrate tbh.
Code:
@echo off
start "YOURBATNAME.bat" "YOURBATNAME.bat"
timeout /t 1200 >null
timeout /t 7 >null
goto loop
Insert your batfile name you use to run phoenixminer, note that you should try t 3600 first (1 hour) than reduce if needed...I had to put 1200 (20mins) bc if I dont there are still gaps in miner activity. Use timer to run miner when you create it. For further notice, if you plan to use your pc without being interrupted every 20mins by cmd window popping up create shortcut of your BAT first, properties/run minimized, then create timer like this:
Code:
@echo off 
start "YOURBATNAME - Shortcut" "YOURBATNAME.bat - Shortcut"
timeout /t 1200 >null
timeout /t 7 >null
goto loop

Hope this helped.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: