Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:34:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this safe to run 24/7?  (Read 238 times)
Squezzi55 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 01:14:42 PM

I just want to know if im doing the right thing, my gpu radeon 580 is running 62°C around the clock, is this a safe temp to run for 24hrs every day? It only reduce in the mid night back to 57°C but when sun is up it goes to 62°c , safe to run 24/7?

skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 01:19:12 PM

Yes it is safe. 64 is my limit and no dead cards after 3 years
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 01:31:37 PM

I just want to know if im doing the right thing, my gpu radeon 580 is running 62°C around the clock, is this a safe temp to run for 24hrs every day? It only reduce in the mid night back to 57°C but when sun is up it goes to 62°c , safe to run 24/7?
My radeon 480 gpu has been running at 65-70 degrees for 4 years. Since the chips are the same, everything should be fine with your video cards. Remember to clean the cooling system from dust every 6 months and change the thermal paste every 18 months.
Use Arctic Cooling MX-4 or thermal paste with better thermal conductivity
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 02:19:36 PM

Don't worry, 62°C is a safe temp for AMD and infact up to 70°C is safe for me, I would only get worry if my temp reach 75°C and moreover AMD cards can handle high temperatures very well

New_order

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 05:24:44 PM

Worry less, I have a nvidia gpu running at 65°c for complete 4 years now with no problem, still alive and kicking asses lol, even 70°C is still considered a safe temp, you have nothing to worry about, keep watching the temp and if it goes up in future you will need to reapply thermal paste and you are good to go
JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 06:23:23 PM

If this is a pissing contest I have a GTX980 running at 80C for 7 years without problems.
It's not intentional, that card just seems to always run hot even with the fan at 100%.

I usually target 70C, anything above that and I run the fan at 100%.

Just make sure you keep the GPUs clean, no obstructions and good airflow. If they're too hot
for your liking increase the fan speed. An open case and an external box fan helps a lot.

But keeping things cool makes noise and that's an issue for many.

OasisDre

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 07:28:43 PM

You should be fine for many years to come, 62 °C is very cool for me and only 70+ makes me worried, I used to own a Nvidia gtx660 for gaming and it's temp is very high around 76°C I thought it will die very soon but the damn thing refuse to die haha

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
th00ber

Activity: 789
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 09:37:01 PM

< 70°c is good.
It means that the GPU is cooler properly
If you can keep the GPU in the 45-60 range is optimal ... but 60-70°c is ok
jbillk

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 09:58:00 PM

Temperature doesn't mater, been mining since 2017 at very high temps. No issues. GPU has temp sensors, that's what they are there for. If it overheats, software will take care of it. If it thermal throttles, its too hot.

I see people installing delta fans, and other expensive cooling on their rigs. I just don't get it. Why waste money/power?

I have some rx5700 with 106deg memory temperature, been running flawlessly for over a year.

JHORN

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 09:46:14 AM

Temperature doesn't mater, been mining since 2017 at very high temps. No issues. GPU has temp sensors, that's what they are there for. If it overheats, software will take care of it. If it thermal throttles, its too hot.

I see people installing delta fans, and other expensive cooling on their rigs. I just don't get it. Why waste money/power?

I have some rx5700 with 106deg memory temperature, been running flawlessly for over a year.

Your rx5700 going over 100°C ? That's crazy mate, how do you sleep conveniently in the night? Just because it's working doesn't mean it's safe, a gpu running at that temp can cut lose all it's memory chip and you will start getting memory size error, don't do it 😔

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 10:23:58 AM

< 70°c is good.
It means that the GPU is cooler properly
If you can keep the GPU in the 45-60 range is optimal ... but 60-70°c is ok
My farm is on the balcony. Air temperature +5 degrees Celsius. The temperature of the video card is +50 degrees.
What do I need to do to get 45 degrees?
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 10:31:14 AM

I have mine set to throttle at 80C. Anything under 70 is well within safe operating temps, just make sure you have decent airflow if you're worried.
jbillk

Activity: 71

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 03:15:58 PM

Your rx5700 going over 100°C ? That's crazy mate, how do you sleep conveniently in the night? Just because it's working doesn't mean it's safe, a gpu running at that temp can cut lose all it's memory chip and you will start getting memory size error, don't do it 😔

Doesn't matter, I have many GPUs in a small area. Not much I can do about it. I have never had a GPU go down because of high temps. I do have 3080/3090 that thermal throttle, so I added extra cooling for them and fixed the problem.

1. The software will it shut down if too hot. So its safe and within OEM programmed limitations.
2. I have 3 year warranty. If it breaks, ill just RMA. But have many GPUs running at excessive temps for many years, and never had an issue.
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 05:45:38 PM

I used to own a hd7970 that gives 80°c temp when mining Monero years ago, today this gpu still works and I've run on mining Monero for two and half years and here you are complaining about your gpu doing 62°C ? That's a very cooling operation friend, keep mining

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 03:19:56 AM

Us safe gpu run under 70c even 80c still doable on polaris gpu, 62c is normal and good for long run, check memory temp should under 75 for long run,....

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
CashbackLover

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 06:42:57 PM

I've mined on a gpu with 68°C since 2018 and it's still working today, you got nothing to be worried about honestly, moreover its a AMD graphics card, they handle high temp very well, it won't shorten their lifespan

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: