Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:49:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When to exit  (Read 546 times)
deskless (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 04:59:38 PM

When are people planning to stop mining? I see that in June 1559 may be coming. Would that make people stop?
Just out of curiosity. I am not sure when I would stop. Last bear market I continued. Not sure if I could do the same this time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 06:03:57 PM

EIP1559 won't stop mining mate, do your own research, it will reduce miners profits if that's what you referring to but if this is why you don't feel like building a mining rig now you are doing mistake, PoW Algorithm is going to be here for a long time
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2021, 06:16:24 PM

Anyone here have different approach, and it's interesting to know about other people

I pay 0.15 USD kw/h here, so it's not cheap, I don't have conditions to compete with people paying 0.05 or even 0.10c, so my plan is to mine until I have the money to pay all the costs + 10% or 15% of profits
Anything less than that, doens't worth, and I'll probably sell the hardware and wait until new cycle of mining / bull run

I learned a lot in 2017 and 2018, and even me, who really like to deal with hardware, rigs, pcs, will stop sometimes
In my opinion, when the bear comes, it's best to stop, sell and wait until find a good bargain, look at ETH, in 2019 you can grab a lot of coins dirty cheap, without any efforts

For people who pays 0.05c, it's better to keep mining all the time, or people who are plaining to go solar, it's a good investment

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Rainbow Bear

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 11:10:47 PM

Anyone here have different approach, and it's interesting to know about other people

I pay 0.15 USD kw/h here, so it's not cheap, I don't have conditions to compete with people paying 0.05 or even 0.10c, so my plan is to mine until I have the money to pay all the costs + 10% or 15% of profits
Anything less than that, doens't worth, and I'll probably sell the hardware and wait until new cycle of mining / bull run

I learned a lot in 2017 and 2018, and even me, who really like to deal with hardware, rigs, pcs, will stop sometimes
In my opinion, when the bear comes, it's best to stop, sell and wait until find a good bargain, look at ETH, in 2019 you can grab a lot of coins dirty cheap, without any efforts

For people who pays 0.05c, it's better to keep mining all the time, or people who are plaining to go solar, it's a good investment

Future crypto market won't have the same type of cycles, it has become much more mainstream and we won't have the huge corrections we have had before.
jbillk

Activity: 71
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 11:25:11 PM

Gas fees are high, but..

EIP-1559 incoming,
Difficulty skyrocketing,
Ton of new asics coming in the spring,
POS 1-2 years away,
Warmer temperatures incoming,
2X investment by selling cards on ebay,

Timing is everything, this is what makes mining fun, like gambling.

Ill probably keep mining until spring.

mak013

Activity: 2366
Merit: 754

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 07:03:37 AM

Gas fees are high, but..

EIP-1559 incoming,
Difficulty skyrocketing,
POS 1-2 years away,

EIP-1559, EIP-1559... Ok, i`ll get 2ETH reward against 3,5ETH, $70 per GH against $130. Ok, i`m ready. Just 6 month ago i got $40 per GH and it was rather nice profit. If you`re buying GPUs right now - you have some problems of course.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 09:22:01 AM

I'm already on solar and battery, I had to pull out the money for the solar through another means and it was a good experience, electricity was cheap here but just for couple hours per day in my country, there is more blackout that's why I go solar so if bear market do comes I'm ready to keep mining and storing some coins

Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 11:30:38 AM

Mining isn't going to stop, if Ethereum POW goes down we switch for another Profitable coin, probably Conflux or another, but I believe Ethereum ceo isn't that stupid, he knows how big EtH PoW is and missing that won't favour on the long run

greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 11:37:01 AM

I run them during winter whether profitable or not (I use the heat, so technically they're ALWAYS profitable in winter). Summer is really just about whether or not they're losing money.
mak013

Activity: 2366
Merit: 754

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 12:32:37 PM

Mining isn't going to stop, if Ethereum POW goes down we switch for another Profitable coin, probably Conflux or another, but I believe Ethereum ceo isn't that stupid, he knows how big EtH PoW is and missing that won't favour on the long run
If all GPUs that mine ETH will go to any coin - the difficulty will go to the moon and profit will go to the floor. But i think it will be any new "ETH" or it will not be PoS because sellers need someone who buys GPUs.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 12:59:44 PM

Pretty much this. Now is time to mine and sell eth, once eth crashes 95% then is time to buy back, do not end up holding the bag, so sell and dont look back, everything is already in bubble state, this can crash to hehell anytime.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 02:42:31 PM

Mining is already dead.

ANY MINING IS DEAD RIGHT NOW. Devs are going to push PoS on ETH because the number of hashrate from GREEDY GUYS has gone to the roof. They are going to stop it as soon as possible.

Before PoS, EIP 1559 will be implemented, and people will get something around 50% less than now. But still, greedy guys will say: hey! i'm making 2 dolars a day in summer overheating my house!Worth the suffering!!!

And once ETH goes PoS, PROBABLY 600TH OF HASHRATE will have to search for a living, and there will NO LIVING COIN TO REMAIN PROFITABLE ONCE THIS OUTRAGEOUS NUMBER OF GPUS FLOOD THE MARKET.

The matter is not WHEN TO STOP. The matter is WHEN MINING IS GOING TO INSTA-DIE.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 04:00:49 PM

Pretty much this. Now is time to mine and sell eth, once eth crashes 95% then is time to buy back, do not end up holding the bag, so sell and dont look back, everything is already in bubble state, this can crash to hehell anytime.
Maybe it is not bubble yet. i will not forgive myself if eth goes to 5k-10k. i call that bubble
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 04:37:43 PM

The mining will not end. I think the mining will replace by people who has a lot of money because they can buy a high-end hardware to still mining bitcoin and the other coins. People who do not have enough money will not be able to continue mining as they need to buy a high-end hardware which is too expensive for them.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2021, 05:56:39 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

Metroid I used to hate (just kidding  Cheesy) your coments because you always told the truth about mining and have a good knowledge about market, I used to think you're a troll, but I can see clearly some facts and obvious stuff about mining and cycles.

It were all new to me in 2017 and I always wanted to mining 24/7 for years and years, but I studied your posts with some other great users here like philipma and people who posts in his thread, and I become very good at cryptos, and I'm happy with my profits

I wish all the market goes to the moon, ETH to 5k, BTC to 100k, of course, but I'm realistic, and I'm prepared to another cycle of market, if bear comes or if bull continues, I'm prepared to both scenarios
I remember when you post a lot about ETH at less than 150 USD, to buy as much as possible, look now, more than 10x of profits

So thank you!!!

About the thread and exit plan, even if you guys are opmistic, it's doesn't hurt to have a plan if the market crashes, make some stop points, have some savings to pay electricity etc, don't forget that some months ago the profits are small, less than 1 USD per 5700xt for example, if ETH crashs again, bye bye profitability and small farms

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 06:23:39 PM

Gas fees are high, but..

EIP-1559 incoming,
Difficulty skyrocketing,
POS 1-2 years away,

Same here mate, even if bear attacks the market right now I've already make half of my invested money on graphic cards already, the rest won't be that hard will only take longer than expected, let's stop worrying about tomorrow and make good use of today, crypto mining is profitable today and that's all there is.

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 09:08:04 PM

If your electricity bill is cheap there is not reason to be worried because you will still make good profits if bear market comes and the fact is I don't think bear will come any time sooner because there is high demand on bitcoin right now, I think this bull season will last longer

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 05:12:32 AM

ETH going to crash 95%? So back to $100 ?

Its funny because I remember you ( I think it was you) who was saying that ETH will go to $2000 when ETH was $100. So you were pretty much spot on. I even assumed that ETH might hit max $400-500 when it was trading at $100. Never would of assumed it would break the ATH of $1400 with all those ICO people still dumping funds.

So I am getting nervous because you seem to be spot on when it comes to predicting these things. Did ETH crash 95% last time? The peak was $1420 and low was like $80 so 94% drop. Crazy.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 12:27:54 PM

When are people planning to stop mining? I see that in June 1559 may be coming. Would that make people stop?
Just out of curiosity. I am not sure when I would stop. Last bear market I continued. Not sure if I could do the same this time.
we got 1.5-2years mining on eth but only problem are asic getting more sopshicated right now, and new gpu has big number

atleast eth getting strong this bullrun side by side with btc, looks like at this btc price corection getting closer, waiting for big dump like 2013

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 12:57:55 PM

People mine crypto to make good profits and if this stops in the future there will always be other coins to mine for example Raven coin or conflux right now ethereum isn't even the only profitable coin to mine so put your mind at rest and keep mining, moreover nobody knows when this bull season will be over it can be longer than what we have seen in the past who knows?

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: