Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:03:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: trezor + bch/eth  (Read 87 times)
asdlolciterquit (OP)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 02:39:42 PM

Hello everyone,  i hope this is the right section of the forum
I have a trezor with 1.6.0 firmware (i know is pretty old).

I have few bch on it, but after i login i see a warning that says that i have to upgrade my firmware.
I have two question about it:

1)if i do the upgrade, i will be able to see my bch again?
2)is this because of the fork on november 2020?

Same situation for my eth... how is it possible that months ago everything works and now it tells me that i have to upgrade my firmware?

One more question, very important: on my trezor i have two wallet with two different passphrase... now, both of them leads to only one wallet! How is it possibile?

thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2021, 02:51:50 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2021, 05:14:18 PM by LoyceV

Let's start with a more important question: do you still have your 24 seed words? I wouldn't upgrade the firmware if you don't have a backup.

As for BCH: Have you tried connecting the hardware wallet to Electron Cash?

undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2021, 03:05:41 PM

First of all Make sure you have your seed word, Passphrase could be separate for 2 different trezor as long as you have the same seedword. Currently trezor have 1.6.3 so may be you need to upgrade before proceeding which is always safe. but always upgrade with official firmware or connect your trezor with exodus which is easiest way to use and upgrade and the safest way also. Good Luck

asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 03:23:33 PM

Let's start with a more important question: do you still have your 24 seed words? I wouldn't upgrade the firmware if you don't have a backup.

As for BCH: Have you tried connecting it to Electron Cash if Ledger Live doesn't work with your current firmware?

yes, i have my 24 seed words.

So i have to create a new wallet for Electron Cash with my 24 seed words?
But if i upgrade my firmware, what happen? Is there any chance that i will lose my bch?
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 03:25:35 PM

First of all Make sure you have your seed word, Passphrase could be separate for 2 different trezor as long as you have the same seedword. Currently trezor have 1.6.3 so may be you need to upgrade before proceeding which is always safe. but always upgrade with official firmware or connect your trezor with exodus which is easiest way to use and upgrade and the safest way also. Good Luck

i have only 1 trezor, but i remember that i've created two different wallet with two different passphrase.
Now it's like there is only one wallet for two passphrase!
I don't understand

How does it work the upgrade with exodus??
undeadbitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2021, 03:34:48 PM

i have only 1 trezor, but i remember that i've created two different wallet with two different passphrase.
I don't understand

I have 1 Trezor and I have 3 Different wallet with it. Every Passphrase creates different wallet. When you connect your trezor with your exodus wallet you can see all 3 wallet and if you need to withdraw from your 1st wallet then you have to unplug your trezor and plug back in key in your pin and your passphrase no 1, same for second wallet plug back in enter second passphrase so you can control wallet second and your wallet 1 will be locked at that time.

asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 03:55:40 PM

I don't understand

I have 1 Trezor and I have 3 Different wallet with it. Every Passphrase creates different wallet. When you connect your trezor with your exodus wallet you can see all 3 wallet and if you need to withdraw from your 1st wallet then you have to unplug your trezor and plug back in key in your pin and your passphrase no 1, same for second wallet plug back in enter second passphrase so you can control wallet second and your wallet 1 will be locked at that time.

thanks for the info, just two question:
1)so if i connect my trezor to exodus, i can see ALL the wallet within my trezor?
2)how is possible that two Passphrase bring to only one wallet???

Thanks again!
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3170

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2021, 04:00:21 PM

I suggest you use the official Trezor Suite wallet application. Of course, you must have a seed backup in your hands before doing any action with your Trezor (people already says this, but it doesn't hurt to say it again) I have created another account on my Trezor and I can see all acc's while use Suite app.
Check this discussion here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316209.msg56321023#msg56321023
I have some problem with updating firmware using 2.0.30 Trezor bridge, everything worked well when I returned the previous .27 version.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2021, 05:14:21 PM

So i have to create a new wallet for Electron Cash with my 24 seed words?
NO! That would expose your seed to a hot wallet. I've never tried with a Trezor, but I'm pretty sure you can connect the hardware wallet to Electron Cash.

undeadbitcoiner

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2021, 05:27:54 PM
Merited by asdlolciterquit (1)

I don't understand

thanks for the info, just two question:
1)so if i connect my trezor to exodus, i can see ALL the wallet within my trezor?

Thanks again!

Yes you can see all the wallet. Be sure to have your exodus wallet from exodus not downloaded from any other sources.

Each and every passphrase will create different wallet within same trezor that's normal.

asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 06:57:24 AM

thanks everyone for your help!

I don't know how, but right now i can see both wallet correctly. I don't know what happened before.

I've decided to upgrade my firmware, hopefully i will recover my bch and eth. I'm very disappointed that trezor did not advice that old version will not support that coin anymore. Very disappointed..

Beside have my  seed words, any other advice?
Should i try a check of my seed with this -->  https://blog.trezor.io/test-your-seed-backup-dry-run-recovery-df9f2e9889
Or it brings more risks?

After the upgrade, will i find all of my wallet, correct?

Thanks again!
asdlolciterquit (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 08:53:29 AM

I've read that in 99% of cases when you upgrade the firmware, you don't need your seed...

Correct?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: