Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 01:11:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scared about 3060 First Mining Rig (Nvidias Announcement)  (Read 159 times)
ishansardar (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 07:39:43 PM

So you guys heard about nvidias latest announcement right? I was planning to build my very first rig and was really excited till this dropped. I already bought all the other equipment's too. So since im a new miner and I don't have extended knowledge like you guys, help me out here. They said they will do some software manipulation to half the hash rate via driver or something but what if I don't update the drivers or use old ones? Even if I do its for windows right? So linux or hive os could use the cards full potential right? Even if that fails surely people can make custom drivers or bios to make it work right? I guess all I'm trying to say is should I still go for 3060? I mean I'm really gonna be very sad if my first rig fails like that surely you guys understand. What do I do now?
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 09:00:46 PM

If you've already bought the gpu it's better to return back to the seller and swap for another graphic cards instantly, it's going to be bad if you don't change the cards, to get your ROI back your hashrate must be high

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 10:00:35 PM

Sell it on ebay for a profit.  Also there are other coins besides Eth, so as long as this doesnt cut the hashrate for all mining, you could mine Firo or Ravencoin
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 10:32:45 PM

So you guys heard about nvidias latest announcement right? I was planning to build my very first rig and was really excited till this dropped. I already bought all the other equipment's too. So since im a new miner and I don't have extended knowledge like you guys, help me out here. They said they will do some software manipulation to half the hash rate via driver or something but what if I don't update the drivers or use old ones? Even if I do its for windows right? So linux or hive os could use the cards full potential right? Even if that fails surely people can make custom drivers or bios to make it work right? I guess all I'm trying to say is should I still go for 3060? I mean I'm really gonna be very sad if my first rig fails like that surely you guys understand. What do I do now?

Nvidia just said it cant be hacked, I would not bank on someone figuring anything out. It does not matter what OS you use. That is irrelevant.

A rig of cards that do 24 MH/s each sucks when you're paying like $400+ per card.

Might as well go buy used GTX 1060 6GB because the hashrate is the same.  Funny how miners are grasping at straws now. These suck for mining, get over it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: