Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:52:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Pre-Ann] Mono Project - a truly democratic cryptocurrency project  (Read 235 times)
mono-project (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 10:30:32 PM

^ Logo goes here, account doesn't have enough posts ^

------------------------------------------------------------------
THE MONO PROJECT
------------------------------------------------------------------
Democratic cryptocurrency project, right from it's inception.

What is the Mono Project?

For now, Mono is simply an idea. An idea to which the question is presented - what if a cryptocurrency was purely democratic, right from it's conception.
Utilizing a voting system, we could make every design decision as a community.
Every small detail of this project will be decided by the end user, whether it's the supply amount, mining algorithm or various functionalities, everything will be decided by the community!
The dream in my head is to steer this ship either until it crashes and burns, or becomes something truly wonderful & one of a kind, something that has intrinsic value as a project you know you had a hand in steering.

Great, so how do we vote on the future of the project?

I'm going to be utilizing a Discord polling system for the initial ideas + creation of the project.
This will serve as the groundwork as to what people want to see from this project, and hopefully drive community interaction and development from others.
My end goal is a project that not only provides an actual use case, but also allows anyone to become a force that can impact this projects future, whether it be community members doing development work, hosting pools, interacting with one another, getting the word out, or just plain voting for the next features.
The possibilities are endless and the future of this project is still blurry, and that's why we're asking anyone who would like to be involved to join us on the Mono discord server.

Voting System & How it will work
Votes will be announced a few weeks in advance, with various ideas being pulled from the community.
The project will automatically accept & begin work on integrating the results of the vote if the approval rating is above 70%. If there is not an approval rating above 70%, the two most popular choices will be cast into a re-vote.
This re-vote will repeat until a 70% consensus is reached. 70% is a good majority, and it should reflect the majority of the communities intentions with this coin.

Roadmap for Voting

25th February - Essential Core votes (e.g - network protocol to follow, programming language, any changes to logo & mission, etc)
25th February - Developer funding voting (e.g - pre-mine, donations only, token ICO to fund development)
25th March - Cryptocurrency Fundamentals (e.g - total supply, block time, mining algorithm)
25th April onwards - Votes will be discussed with community, voting can be held once a month to add various features & see what path the community would like to follow.

How can I get involved?
It is very early days for all of us, so if you'd like to shape the future of this project please join us on our discord server @ https://discord.gg/SjvjyX6Gfz
Please also direct any questions you may have here & keep the discord for voting & discussions only, as this will allow everyone to easily see questions & answers that could be common.

This post will grow & grow as more information is confirmed & approved by the community, we are looking for all the idea & people on board we can get.
Thanks for reading, if you have any questions about the project please do reply to this thread!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mono-project (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 10:38:50 PM

I hope that at least a few people can get on board, especially at these initial stages! It is crucial that we have a large enough amount of people that we can decide on a proper path this project can follow.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 10:41:43 PM

I hope that at least a few people can get on board, especially at these initial stages! It is crucial that we have a large enough amount of people that we can decide on a proper path this project can follow.

Do you have your own website here? Was looking for the link but to no avail. And if you want to show the images in your post, you can purchase copper membership here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=credit;promote. This will give you opportunity to post images that you want in your OP.
mono-project (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Do you have your own website here? Was looking for the link but to no avail. And if you want to show the images in your post, you can purchase copper membership here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=credit;promote. This will give you opportunity to post images that you want in your OP.

There is no website (of course we will have one in the future once the metaphorical clay of the project has been shaped) , the only lanes of communication I was aiming to have in the initial stages were; this thread, discord & email. If other people want more lanes of communication then I am open to suggestions, as is the nature of the project!
Thank you for your help with the membership, although I don't believe people seeing the logo images will sway them as to whether they would like to join or not, so I'll wait until this account is granted the access to post images on it's own. Hopefully soon, if lots of people start talking on this thread! Smiley
If you'd like to help or at least be here for the beginning of the project please stick around, I'd love to see what ideas you have.
mono-project (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 11:06:51 PM

Reserved for important announcement.
mono-project (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2021, 11:57:24 PM

mono-project (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 01:27:22 AM

mono-project (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2021, 09:49:29 AM

We have a small amount of discord members joining already, if you are interested at all please post any questions you have here & I will do my best to answer them. Smiley
mono-project (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2021, 03:46:22 PM

We are still looking for more people to begin initial voting. I'd like to have at least 20-50 eyes on the project before the first vote is made. Please help us out if you'd like to shape the future of this project!
mono-project (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 04:37:21 PM

First vote will commence on February 25th, please ensure you are in the Discord to vote!
Thank you Smiley
mono-project (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 11:15:36 AM

First vote is starting today! Join our discord server to be a part of it!
mono-project (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 10:57:49 AM

Vote for protocol is running for 6 more days, please vote on our discord server to decide the future of this project!
mono-project (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 05:52:03 PM

Voting for protocol is running for 4 more days, please have your vote before it ends!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: