Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:30:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BOUNTY HUNTERS - THE CURSE by Cryptoholical  (Read 273 times)
Cryptoholical (OP)

Activity: 400
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2021, 03:23:19 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2021, 12:21:58 PM by Cryptoholical

The cryptosphere has always been enormous enough to quantify all kinds of cryptocurrency projects. Projects with ICOs(Initial Coin Offerings), IEOs(Initial Exchange Offerings), ITOs(Initial Token Offering) or the latest venture, IDOs(Initial Dex Exchange). Some projects have a working product and some do not. Regardless of this, it is left to the bounty hunter to effectively advertise these projects to garner seasoned investors and partners. All for a token that may eventually become a big kahuna in the digital world.

In recent times, the worth of a typical bounty hunter has extremely depreciated. Bounty hunters have been stereotyped as beggars and mostly categorized as the bottom feeders of the crypto food chain. The sheer lack of respect and dishonour is not hidden and has grown to be "the new normal".
Bounty managers on the other hand, give a good name to hunters as they play a crucial role in the distribution of stakes and tokens to accepted hunters during various bounty campaigns. They coordinate campaigns and efficiently disburse rewards, thereby intensifying the integrity of hunters. Simply put, "without them, hunters do not exist".

Despite the above fact, bounty managers have little or no power as they are mostly given instructions on how to carry out their responsibilities. Project owners and share holders determine the direction of bounty campaigns and this has mostly been a disadvantage to bounty hunters. The amount of tokens distributed to hunters is usually nothing to write home about. The extended time of distribution and the insistent KYC(Know Your Customer) application all play a role in the dissatisfaction hunters experience.
The KYC application, however important in the identification of scammers posing as hunters, is being used against legitimate hunters who did not get the information on time. Website registration and other similar requirement of hunters after a while of campaign participation also fall into this category.
It may seem as though, this endeavour by project owners is a ploy to cheat out hunters of their earned rewards.

The proposed solution however, will be the dissemination of such important information to the email address of bounty hunters who participated in the campaign. Most bounty campaigns request for email address during registration, and this, hunters believe should be made compulsory during the registration of all bounty campaigns. Unlike investors, hunters are vested in numerous projects and keeping up with each may be quite impossible.
A long term solution perhaps, may be the creation of a regulatory body that will be solely implemented to check and balance all activities surrounding bounty hunting in the cryptosphere. It may involve ascertaining each project's worth and the rightful proportion of rewards that should be given to hunters. Any speculation of funny businesses by owners of project will be effectively neutralized and also, scammers posing as hunters will be eradicated.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jacobtemi10

Activity: 302

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2021, 04:43:40 PM

Totally in tune with this, there shouldn't be anything like expiration date for KYC, so long as hunters work hard for their reward, KYC should always be available at any time. Pools for bounty/advertisement has already been allocated, so it will be shear wickedness not to pay people that worked tirelessly through social engagement to give projects exposure.

I therefore sign that KYC deadline should be scrapped as hunters should be able to claim what they rightly deserve so long they can provide necessary document to verify they are legit and not scammers.

Thanks for this insight!
Cryptoholical (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2021, 08:19:44 AM

Totally in tune with this, there shouldn't be anything like expiration date for KYC, so long as hunters work hard for their reward, KYC should always be available at any time. Pools for bounty/advertisement has already been allocated, so it will be shear wickedness not to pay people that worked tirelessly through social engagement to give projects exposure.

I therefore sign that KYC deadline should be scrapped as hunters should be able to claim what they rightly deserve so long they can provide necessary document to verify they are legit and not scammers.

Thanks for this insight!

I am really glad we are on the same page. I think your point is even more valid than mine. I believe that KYC deadlines should stop and hunters no matter when, should be able to get their rewards. I mean, they worked for it, they deserve to be paid no matter what. I just still wonder why project owners will do this in the first place, aside the obvious repulsion of scammers. To odd their digital currency? To cheat hunters out of their rewards? Or it is just a sheer lack of respect?

Bounty hunters worldwide must all get onboard to get to the bottom of this. We need a revolution. We have lost too much to let this continue. We need help and we must get it fast.
Sheycrypto

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 10:04:19 AM

This is well said. Now is the time that project owners will erase the idea of cheating bounty hunters, because I found out that they intentionally with their actions, don't always want to distribute bounty to tokens to hunters after successfully promoting their projects, and the question is, why involve bounty hunters in the first place? when you have stereotyped them as dumpers. Why not promote your project yourself?. But their selfish interest won't allow them.
The thought of project owners stereotyping bounty hunters is quite annoying, i must confess. I have got tokens that are over 3 years old in my wallet, i never dumped them. Most project owners are just cheaters.
Like you have rightly said, the dissemination of such important information to the email address of bounty hunters who participated in the campaign would be a lasting solution, 'cos i believe we all check our mails everyday. So, bounty campaigns should always request for email address during registration and this will definitely go a long way to providing a lasting solution to this issue.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3597

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2021, 11:37:30 AM

ICO, IEO,ITOs, ...etc All of them are campaigns to gain value for the project by making supply and demand increase the market capacity and thus the project exporters can achieve more profits.
It was hype in 2017, but with the increase in projects and the lack of honest campaigns aimed at creating a new project, most of the distribution campaigns became a waste of time.
All of these thoughts are dead and the hype is transferred to DeFi fast earning tokens.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 11:51:13 AM

I just know how it feels as a hunter. We are being mistreated by some projects and bounty managers, in terms of distribution. They don’t appreciate about our time and effort in promoting them, giving them the traffic and exposure that they need. However, they don’t respect us in any way no matter how talented we are. We’re being degraded into the lowest level, in which they distribute it like after 3 monthsm, 6 months, 1 year or so. Plus, KYC deadlines too like no matter how high is our quality of work but never submitted KYC, they don’t reward us for our efforts.

Like in CitiOS, they said that distribution is after 6 months, but eventually they vanished. However, joining bounty programs also considered risks. As we acknowledge that once we participated in those programs, we should understand the risks that there’s a chance that the project may not flourish and our tokens would turn into shitcoins.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2021, 01:14:40 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2021, 01:24:41 PM by arwin100

They always act like that because the dev already got what they wanted to us and they already successful so some of devs doesn't give a fair share to the bounty hunters. Also the KYC ask is so discouraging but we don't have any choice but to submit since if we insist they will not give our share.

Also before almost all pays that's why I'm so eager to get more translation since the income way back before is so good compare to now where almost all of them are scams but there are few of them really pays especially with the current DEFI's but still the risk to not get paid I huge for others thinking about joining it by now maybe they should not think much about it and just do the task and forget and if they pay than it's a bonus for us, but currently I'm not doing any bounty but thinking to comeback but let see if we can gain again for some bounties here.

DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6235

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2021, 12:39:19 PM

Or you can only participate in projects that pay in known coins that you can trade as you get them.
Think like an employee, I do "X" work all week long I get paid "Y" on Friday. And I can spend it on beer as soon as you give it to me.
Getting paid in a coin / token is like getting paid in lottery tickets, yeah you might win but most of the time you are going to loose.

As an example at the moment I am wearing a sig for a campaign that has 45 people in it paying about $2300 a week. [I figure that they have a $2500 a week budget and the campaign manager is making $200 but I can't be sure] But anyway, lets use the $2500 number. Lets use 10 weeks to get us to a spend of $25,000. If it's a real project with real people and backing / investors spending $25,000 on advertising over 2 1/2 months should be a drop in the bucket. If they can't afford to do that then take a deeper look at who they are because it's probably not legit.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 01, 2021, 11:29:58 PM

They always act like that because the dev already got what they wanted to us and they already successful so some of devs doesn't give a fair share to the bounty hunters. Also the KYC ask is so discouraging but we don't have any choice but to submit since if we insist they will not give our share.

Also before almost all pays that's why I'm so eager to get more translation since the income way back before is so good compare to now where almost all of them are scams but there are few of them really pays especially with the current DEFI's but still the risk to not get paid I huge for others thinking about joining it by now maybe they should not think much about it and just do the task and forget and if they pay than it's a bonus for us, but currently I'm not doing any bounty but thinking to comeback but let see if we can gain again for some bounties here.

Your said was true and correct, the majority of the Developers not all I think in my own view and assessment only are abusers.
Because, I was also a bounty hunters and I have encountered a lot of projects campaign were in the end they never give the rewards. They've robbed what is belongs to us, and abused our effort because they know that the bounty hunters are in need financially.
arwin100

Activity: 2716
Merit: 805

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2021, 01:55:02 PM

Your said was true and correct, the majority of the Developers not all I think in my own view and assessment only are abusers.
Because, I was also a bounty hunters and I have encountered a lot of projects campaign were in the end they never give the rewards. They've robbed what is belongs to us, and abused our effort because they know that the bounty hunters are in need financially.

That's why for this scenario you shouldn't put all your hopes on bounties since most of the time we will encounter this scenario that's why you shouldn't rely on this and find another alternative and think about if they pay well that's good but if not move on to the next campaign, from this you will not get stress about those unpaying bounty campaigns

Cryptoholical (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2021, 06:56:18 AM

This is well said. Now is the time that project owners will erase the idea of cheating bounty hunters, because I found out that they intentionally with their actions, don't always want to distribute bounty to tokens to hunters after successfully promoting their projects, and the question is, why involve bounty hunters in the first place? when you have stereotyped them as dumpers. Why not promote your project yourself?. But their selfish interest won't allow them.
The thought of project owners stereotyping bounty hunters is quite annoying, i must confess. I have got tokens that are over 3 years old in my wallet, i never dumped them. Most project owners are just cheaters.
Like you have rightly said, the dissemination of such important information to the email address of bounty hunters who participated in the campaign would be a lasting solution, 'cos i believe we all check our mails everyday. So, bounty campaigns should always request for email address during registration and this will definitely go a long way to providing a lasting solution to this issue.

Yes Sheycrypto, most definitely! We would revolutionize this niche with those proposed solutions. We can do it!
All hands on deck!
Cryptoholical (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2021, 07:03:01 AM

ICO, IEO,ITOs, ...etc All of them are campaigns to gain value for the project by making supply and demand increase the market capacity and thus the project exporters can achieve more profits.
It was hype in 2017, but with the increase in projects and the lack of honest campaigns aimed at creating a new project, most of the distribution campaigns became a waste of time.
All of these thoughts are dead and the hype is transferred to DeFi fast earning tokens.

Yes, you're very right. Bounty hunters unknowingly have helped promote scams and even get a "Negative Trust" because of this. We mostly lose in this game and it's heartbreaking.
Now, what can be done to neutralize this? We can't continue to live like this. Most people I know rely on bounty hunting to put food on their table.
If we don't change the mentality of project owners and share holders, it could become worse.
Let's rise up and change this game to favour us!
Bitum

Activity: 1414
Merit: 271

bitonator.tangled.com/join

View Profile
March 03, 2021, 07:44:06 PM

I think your idea is a utopia. There can be no regulating body on an unregulated market. Soon there will also be an end to bounty campagne, we are just experiencing the last breath of this phenomen

Tangled Social Network Web 3.0 | Earning Millix (MLX): https://bitonator.tangled.com/join
Post & Earn (Posting, Likes, Comments etc.), Uncensored & Anonymous, Referral links allowed, Lightning-fast & hassle-free withdrawal in $MLX
CMC: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/millix/
Kuncha

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 01:27:57 PM

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|   Whitepaper   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Medium   |
█████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] █████████████
Kuncha

Activity: 247
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2021, 01:28:52 PM

I just know how it feels as a hunter. We are being mistreated by some projects and bounty managers, in terms of distribution. They don’t appreciate about our time and effort in promoting them, giving them the traffic and exposure that they need. However, they don’t respect us in any way no matter how talented we are. We’re being degraded into the lowest level, in which they distribute it like after 3 monthsm, 6 months, 1 year or so. Plus, KYC deadlines too like no matter how high is our quality of work but never submitted KYC, they don’t reward us for our efforts.

Like in CitiOS, they said that distribution is after 6 months, but eventually they vanished. However, joining bounty programs also considered risks. As we acknowledge that once we participated in those programs, we should understand the risks that there’s a chance that the project may not flourish and our tokens would turn into shitcoins.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|   Whitepaper   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Medium   |
█████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] █████████████
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: