Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:52:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I think im getting scammed by fox.exchange  (Read 182 times)
deepftuned (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2021, 08:48:49 PM

Hi,

So 2-3 weeks ago(04 Feb) i wanted to exchange around 1k$ worth of BTC(now worth around 1.5k) to ETH on my Binance account.

Now the problem im having is that they're requesting for KYC verification, and i wouldn't have any problem doing that since i already did it with BINANCE(showed them proof - https://i.imgur.com/wg0PfLv.png - https://i.imgur.com/gq43nBq.png), but since i dont even know where they are from or who they are i dont really feel safe about it so i refused to send them the documents they requested and i asked for a refund to my address since in my opinion it doesnt really make sense to ask for a KYC if im sending them to a binance address where i already did that.

They kept sending me the same message(https://i.imgur.com/svoteSM.png) for a few days and now im getting ignored completely(last reply was 8-9 days ago).

I would completely understand if the support team cant refund or do anything so i've been asking lately to chat with the owner to explain the issue i have but of course im getting ignored about that too, i found their telegram group and scrolled through the members until i found the admin and texted him but im not getting any reply. I've seen another post here(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5311809.0)  that even after they sent the documents fox.exchange is now asking for a video call to prove where they got their bitcoins, and im also seeing a lot of people complaining about this issue in other posts here or in Reddit.

I cant say this yet since i didnt send any KYC verification yet but this seems pretty shady to me.

In their official post (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5104721.0) the first reply was:
"Where are you registered? Are you requiring kyc from your customers?"
and they replied with
"No KYC required, we do not require any documents and we do not have registration. fox.exchange is in the process of licensing its services in one of the crypto advocate countries."

Yeah i get it, they changed their KYC policy after that but they did that without even mentioning it anywhere(Twitter, Telegram, Bitcointalk post) as they would do when they list new cryptos that you can exchange.

So yeah i really think im getting scammed here cause i can see that they are doing this to a lot of other people. All i want is to chat with the owner and show them that im verified on Binance and there's no point in sending them my documents if they dont even have an address and refuse to give people an address where their registered. Im gonna continue until i get a reply from the some owner or someone and if i dont receive a reply from them i guess i'll have to make multiple posts like these in bitcointalk, reddit, send emails to their partners and let them know about my and other people's stories, this is not fair at all imo.

Other posts where you can see people with the same issue:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5104721.40
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5311809.0
https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/l6wqui/warning_do_not_trust_fox_exchange_caution_with/gl9alwy/

Reviews(lately they're getting more and more bad reviews with the same issue):
https://www.bestchange.com/foxexchange-exchanger.html
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/fox.exchange

p.s. only came to know today that they're based in Russia after i saw their Bestchange Review page

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rat03gopoh

Activity: 2072
Merit: 639

Your keys your responsibility

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2021, 08:32:27 AM

In their official post (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5104721.0) the first reply was:
"Where are you registered? Are you requiring kyc from your customers?"
and they replied with
"No KYC required, we do not require any documents and we do not have registration. fox.exchange is in the process of licensing its services in one of the crypto advocate countries."

p.s. only came to know today that they're based in Russia after i saw their Bestchange Review page
It seems like KYC requests are just stalling for time to complicate matters more until the user gives up on doing so. I think this is pure scam.

I don't know what the role of this user is in Fox exchnage, as if he purposely didn't respond to even the user's complaints. One thing that caught my attention is, this user admitted that the problem was resolved a few seconds after posting his complaint. (there is no sign that the post has been edited).

Please try to write your complaint to the Bestchange ANN thread and see what the bestchange policy is. Hope they help you.

▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██ ▄█▀▓█████▓██   ██▓  ██████   
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒    ██▄█▒ ▓█   ▀ ▒██  ██▒▒██    ▒   
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓███▄░ ▒███    ▒██ ██░░ ▓██▄     
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▓██ █▄ ▒▓█  ▄  ░ ▐██▓░  ▒   ██▒ 
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ▒██▒ █▄░▒████▒ ░ ██▒▓░▒██████▒▒ 
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ▒ ▒▒ ▓▒░░ ▒░ ░  ██▒▒▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░ 
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░   ░ ░▒ ▒░ ░ ░  ░▓██ ░▒░ ░ ░▒  ░ ░ 
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░    ░ ░░ ░    ░   ▒ ▒ ░░  ░  ░  ░   
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░        ░  ░      ░  ░░ ░           ░   
 ░ ░                                                 ░ ░                 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄██▀▀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀▀▀█▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄█▀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐▀█▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐████████████⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████████████▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█████████████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▐⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▄██▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀███████████⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀██▌⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀███▄▄▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀██▀▀██▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀▐▀███▀▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▌⠀⠀▄██⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀██▀██▀██▀██▀████▄⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀▀█▀▀▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀█⠀█▀█▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀`⠀⠀▄⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀▀▐▀██▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀█⠀⠀▀██████▄▄⠀⠀█▀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀██⠀▄⠀⠀⠀`▀███⠀█⠀▀▀██████▄⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀▄███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀▀▀▄▄⠀⠀▀████▀▄⠀▀██████▄▄▄█▄█████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀▐███▄█⠀▄⠀▀▀█████████▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████▄▀⠀⠀▀▀▀▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▌▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▀███▀▀⠀⠀▐█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██▀███  ▓█████   ██████  ██▓███   ▒█████   ███▄    █   ██████  ██▓ ▄▄▄▄    ██▓ ██▓     ██▓▄▄▄█████▓▓██   ██▓
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒   ▓██ ▒ ██▒▓█   ▀ ▒██    ▒ ▓██░  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██ ▀█   █ ▒██    ▒ ▓██▒▓█████▄ ▓██▒▓██▒    ▓██▒▓  ██▒ ▓▒ ▒██  ██▒
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓██ ░▄█ ▒▒███   ░ ▓██▄   ▓██░ ██▓▒▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▀█ ██▒░ ▓██▄   ▒██▒▒██▒ ▄██▒██▒▒██░    ▒██▒▒ ▓██░ ▒░  ▒██ ██░
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▒██▀▀█▄  ▒▓█  ▄   ▒   ██▒▒██▄█▓▒ ▒▒██   ██░▓██▒  ▐▌██▒  ▒   ██▒░██░▒██░█▀  ░██░▒██░    ░██░░ ▓██▓ ░   ░ ▐██▓░
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ░██▓ ▒██▒░▒████▒▒██████▒▒▒██▒ ░  ░░ ████▓▒░▒██░   ▓██░▒██████▒▒░██░░▓█  ▀█▓░██░░██████▒░██░  ▒██▒ ░   ░ ██▒▓░
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░░░ ▒░ ░▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░▒▓▒░ ░  ░░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░ ▒░   ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░░▓  ░▒▓███▀▒░▓  ░ ▒░▓  ░░▓    ▒ ░░      ██▒▒▒
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░     ░▒ ░ ▒░ ░ ░  ░░ ░▒  ░ ░░▒ ░       ░ ▒ ▒░ ░ ░░   ░ ▒░░ ░▒  ░ ░ ▒ ░▒░▒   ░  ▒ ░░ ░ ▒  ░ ▒ ░    ░     ▓██ ░▒░
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░      ░░   ░    ░   ░  ░  ░  ░░       ░ ░ ░ ▒     ░   ░ ░ ░  ░  ░   ▒ ░ ░    ░  ▒ ░  ░ ░    ▒ ░  ░       ▒ ▒ ░░
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░           ░        ░  ░      ░               ░ ░           ░       ░   ░   ░       ░      ░  ░ ░            ░ ░   
 ░ ░                                                                                                            ░                           ░ ░     
deepftuned (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 12:31:16 PM

Lol, i checked that user's time of transaction in Doge's blockchain, if we convert that to bitcointalk's timezone:
He received the money a little bit before he joined bitcointalk(4 minutes) but it seems to be legit in one way cause if you download the PDF SUMMARY of the transaction on his fox.exchange order you can see that his order was created 5 hours before he did the bitcointalk post. Though the EDIT part seems suspicious, i guess they made him post a good review on bitcointalk after they sent him the money.

The user "paz-1991" seems to be some sort of admin i guess but since the last time he was around here was a few months ago i didnt even try to message him, but yeah he ignored people's complaints a few times.

Thanks for the bestchange post, i didnt see that until now, i really expect them to have a big role in stopping them to do these things.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1786

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 11:15:17 PM

The exchange seems very shady. First they claim that they won't hold anyone's deposits, and then they start holding people's money hostage in exchange for KYC documents that they say they don't require on their website.

I have seen a growing number of complaints about them holding people's funds. I am even thinking of tagging the person who made their Announcement in case they don't resolve your issue

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 09:45:28 AM

Look, if they were actually obligated by some regulator to ask for KYC then obviously your request would be invalid - if it was that easy for actual money launderers to get away from KYC (by sending a potentially doctored image of their verified Binance account), then it is as good as having no KYC at all.

But my gut tells me that they're not legit, especially since they've promised to customers before that there will be no KYC explicitly in their policy statement.

You're in a sticky situation. I do understand that you are cautious with your docs but it seems like that it'll either be a) you provide them and *potentially* get your funds back, b) you guarantee privacy/security and not provide anything or c) you somehow gain enough publicity to make them panic, but that is unlikely since it's essentially them admitting that they're not a regulated entity.
Best_Change
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 2078

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2021, 11:49:57 AM

We have sent a request to the exchanger to shed more light on the situation and also invited them to join the discussion.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
paz-1991

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2021, 08:25:07 AM

Hello, Thanks for inviting us to the discussion.

Every order is scanned for AML in order to keep a healthy trading environment and protect our users from receiving coins from suspicious activities. 

Before you start the exchange there is a big check box that you need to click that you agree to the AML/KYC policy with the link to it. The AML/KYC is very short and clear and everything is stated there.

We are sorry for the inconvenience but we cannot do any shortcuts in compliance matters.

rat03gopoh

Activity: 2072
Merit: 639

Your keys your responsibility

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2021, 02:11:46 PM

We are sorry for the inconvenience but we cannot do any shortcuts in compliance matters.
Then you have to edit these parts so as not to confuse the users.

No KYC required, we do not require any documents and we do not have registration. fox.exchange is in the process of licensing its services in one of the crypto advocate countries.
Completely anonymous
No registration, no email,
no identification documents needed,
only your crypto public address.

Services that offer anonymity are very popular with crypto users, but you create contradictory policies regarding KYC and that's not a good marketing trick to get attention.

▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██ ▄█▀▓█████▓██   ██▓  ██████   
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒    ██▄█▒ ▓█   ▀ ▒██  ██▒▒██    ▒   
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓███▄░ ▒███    ▒██ ██░░ ▓██▄     
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▓██ █▄ ▒▓█  ▄  ░ ▐██▓░  ▒   ██▒ 
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ▒██▒ █▄░▒████▒ ░ ██▒▓░▒██████▒▒ 
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ▒ ▒▒ ▓▒░░ ▒░ ░  ██▒▒▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░ 
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░   ░ ░▒ ▒░ ░ ░  ░▓██ ░▒░ ░ ░▒  ░ ░ 
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░    ░ ░░ ░    ░   ▒ ▒ ░░  ░  ░  ░   
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░        ░  ░      ░  ░░ ░           ░   
 ░ ░                                                 ░ ░                 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄██▀▀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀▀▀█▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄█▀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐▀█▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐████████████⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████████████▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█████████████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▐⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▄██▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀███████████⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀██▌⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀███▄▄▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀██▀▀██▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀▐▀███▀▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▌⠀⠀▄██⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀██▀██▀██▀██▀████▄⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀▀█▀▀▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀█⠀█▀█▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀`⠀⠀▄⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀▀▐▀██▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀█⠀⠀▀██████▄▄⠀⠀█▀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀██⠀▄⠀⠀⠀`▀███⠀█⠀▀▀██████▄⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀▄███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀▀▀▄▄⠀⠀▀████▀▄⠀▀██████▄▄▄█▄█████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀▐███▄█⠀▄⠀▀▀█████████▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████▄▀⠀⠀▀▀▀▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▌▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▀███▀▀⠀⠀▐█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██▀███  ▓█████   ██████  ██▓███   ▒█████   ███▄    █   ██████  ██▓ ▄▄▄▄    ██▓ ██▓     ██▓▄▄▄█████▓▓██   ██▓
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒   ▓██ ▒ ██▒▓█   ▀ ▒██    ▒ ▓██░  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██ ▀█   █ ▒██    ▒ ▓██▒▓█████▄ ▓██▒▓██▒    ▓██▒▓  ██▒ ▓▒ ▒██  ██▒
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓██ ░▄█ ▒▒███   ░ ▓██▄   ▓██░ ██▓▒▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▀█ ██▒░ ▓██▄   ▒██▒▒██▒ ▄██▒██▒▒██░    ▒██▒▒ ▓██░ ▒░  ▒██ ██░
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▒██▀▀█▄  ▒▓█  ▄   ▒   ██▒▒██▄█▓▒ ▒▒██   ██░▓██▒  ▐▌██▒  ▒   ██▒░██░▒██░█▀  ░██░▒██░    ░██░░ ▓██▓ ░   ░ ▐██▓░
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ░██▓ ▒██▒░▒████▒▒██████▒▒▒██▒ ░  ░░ ████▓▒░▒██░   ▓██░▒██████▒▒░██░░▓█  ▀█▓░██░░██████▒░██░  ▒██▒ ░   ░ ██▒▓░
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░░░ ▒░ ░▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░▒▓▒░ ░  ░░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░ ▒░   ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░░▓  ░▒▓███▀▒░▓  ░ ▒░▓  ░░▓    ▒ ░░      ██▒▒▒
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░     ░▒ ░ ▒░ ░ ░  ░░ ░▒  ░ ░░▒ ░       ░ ▒ ▒░ ░ ░░   ░ ▒░░ ░▒  ░ ░ ▒ ░▒░▒   ░  ▒ ░░ ░ ▒  ░ ▒ ░    ░     ▓██ ░▒░
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░      ░░   ░    ░   ░  ░  ░  ░░       ░ ░ ░ ▒     ░   ░ ░ ░  ░  ░   ▒ ░ ░    ░  ▒ ░  ░ ░    ▒ ░  ░       ▒ ▒ ░░
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░           ░        ░  ░      ░               ░ ░           ░       ░   ░   ░       ░      ░  ░ ░            ░ ░   
 ░ ░                                                                                                            ░                           ░ ░     
deepftuned (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2021, 04:16:05 PM

Look, if they were actually obligated by some regulator to ask for KYC then obviously your request would be invalid - if it was that easy for actual money launderers to get away from KYC (by sending a potentially doctored image of their verified Binance account), then it is as good as having no KYC at all.

But my gut tells me that they're not legit, especially since they've promised to customers before that there will be no KYC explicitly in their policy statement.

You're in a sticky situation. I do understand that you are cautious with your docs but it seems like that it'll either be a) you provide them and *potentially* get your funds back, b) you guarantee privacy/security and not provide anything or c) you somehow gain enough publicity to make them panic, but that is unlikely since it's essentially them admitting that they're not a regulated entity.

After i made some "noise" on Bestchange & Bitcointalk i finally received a reply from them. Obviously they still didnt care that much about my issue cause "they had the right to do so" since it was in their website(the AML/KYC policy was at the end of the main page). Though, i still think that it wasn't very  OK of them to do so cause they cared to reply only when they saw that i am posting bad reviews about them. The response i got after i told them multiple times that i won't send them documents unless they send some kind of proof of their address was "We will re-consult with the compliance team and check if there are any other possibilities for KYC.", so ok i still wasnt ok cause i knew every type of KYC would not be OK for my privacy and the security of my personal info but i was gonna wait for a reply cause i still thought the Owner would understand. So after i waited for another day and got this response:

"Compliance team responded as follows:
An alternative option for KYC verification is that the user can submit a selfie which he is holding a government-issued ID and a paper note.
On the note he should handwrite his wallet address, as submitted in fox, the current date and the words: "for fox.exchange".
"

And this was my response to them and i attached a screen recording where it shows my Binance ETH address(the one i used to exchange my coins to) and i went to my profile and showed the Verified profile: https://i.imgur.com/HgZS2GR.png

After another day(without a reply from them) i sent 2-3 emails telling them that im still waiting and urging them to take some kind of action i finally got refunded.

I also wanna say that this (https://i.imgur.com/djFKn90.png) has been added recently and im 99% sure that before there was no AML/KYC mentioned in that box. This is still a good thing though, cause it removes the kinda doubt that people(me as well) had that they're hiding the AML/KYC to suspend transactions.

I still think that Bestchange should add the icon they use to let people know that the exchanger might ask for documents or something similar.

I have to thank Bestchange cause im pretty sure fox.exchange wouldn't have cared that much to reply to me without them taking action.

p.s. I would also like to know how does Bestchange know the location of an exchanger cause a few weeks ago it showed that fox.exchange is from Russia now it shows that its from the UK. I also found an archive(https://web.archive.org/web/20190401155132/https://www.bestchange.com/foxexchange-exchanger.html) that shows they're from NL, it seems that you just need a VPN when you use Bestchange and it changes your "location" completely.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: