Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: why hashrate is go increased in screen saver ?  (Read 167 times)
the-morpher (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 12:53:34 PM

Hi

I have seen a significant increase of hashrate when my computer go to screen saver from 24 to 26.550, i wonder know why, is it because computer use less ressources ? if so then how can i go further ? by deactivating some ressources or other staff ?
Or is it because when screen saver is on the gpu is not used by windows then it free some ressources dedicated to gpu ?

Second question
I want to understand difference between current hashrate and reported hashrate, which one is counted ?
I have found a highest current hashrate to 44.778 Mhs what is that mean ? see picture bellow

https://ibb.co/zsv6srR

Average is 27 and current hashrate to 44.778 as higher current hashrate.

any explanation ?

Best Regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 06:50:10 PM

That's because you are using the GPU for display mode, meaning the display is eating less hashrate from he gpu, the solution to this is to plug in your display cable on the motherboard itself not the gpu for display and the graphics cards will be free and perform fullest to the max hashrate

Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 07:16:17 PM

To give you a correct answer I will like to know the name of the GPU you are using to mine, also pools are of different types, I've noticed that if you are solving shares on pool your hashrate report may grow higher, it still doesn't mean anything, if your calculator said you will earn 5$ per day the end result after 24hours will bring you 5$ per day

the-morpher (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 08:30:16 PM

To give you a correct answer I will like to know the name of the GPU you are using to mine, also pools are of different types, I've noticed that if you are solving shares on pool your hashrate report may grow higher, it still doesn't mean anything, if your calculator said you will earn 5$ per day the end result after 24hours will bring you 5$ per day

Hi i use gtx 1060 6gb sc, eu1.ethermine.org
the-morpher (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 08:42:08 PM

unfortunatly i can't use onboard graphic card, dedicated one deactivate my onboard, can't enable it in bios too, old bios i think

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5318742.0
Mighty_crypt

Activity: 784
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 09:09:17 PM

The option to activate or deactivate dedicated GPU in BIOS may not be available if your CPU doesn't have any integrated GPU on board my question is what type of CPU are you using are you sure it has integrated GPU cos not all CPU has integrated GPU you have to figure that out first

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
the-morpher (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 10:12:08 PM

The option to activate or deactivate dedicated GPU in BIOS may not be available if your CPU doesn't have any integrated GPU on board my question is what type of CPU are you using are you sure it has integrated GPU cos not all CPU has integrated GPU you have to figure that out first

I do have a gpu on board "Intel(R) HD Graphics" and it works when i unplug dedicated gpu but can't make them work together maybe it's bios limitation can't enable options in bios and my motherboard is Gateway Dt71 already try their new bios version of 2012 -__-.

My cpu is i7 2600
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 02:51:31 PM

I do have a gpu on board "Intel(R) HD Graphics" and it works when i unplug dedicated gpu but can't make them work together maybe it's bios limitation can't enable options in bios and my motherboard is Gateway Dt71 already try their new bios version of 2012 -__-.

My cpu is i7 2600
I don't know what is going on here but I can see that it's your motherboard issue because I have a motherboard here and the BIOS has no settings to activate or deactivate igpu or even graphics card but still whenever I connect my HDMI cable direct to the motherboard I always get a display even when my graphics card is connected

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
the-morpher (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 04:11:25 PM

My cpu is i7 2600
I don't know what is going on here but I can see that it's your motherboard issue because I have a motherboard here and the BIOS has no settings to activate or deactivate igpu or even graphics card but still whenever I connect my HDMI cable direct to the motherboard I always get a display even when my graphics card is connected

Yeah Furryball it depend on the motherboard, some allow the integrated gpu to work aswell as dedicated one same time, not the case for me unfortunatly
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 06:12:43 PM

My cpu is i7 2600

Yeah Furryball it depend on the motherboard, some allow the integrated gpu to work aswell as dedicated one same time, not the case for me unfortunatly
How about if OP can upgrade the motherboard BIOS first before concluding that it's not working? there are some motherboards like that, after you upgrade the BIOS it will start working or the on-and-off button of PCIe and igpu will be visible, don't give up yet OP

the-morpher (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 07:16:00 PM

My cpu is i7 2600

How about if OP can upgrade the motherboard BIOS first before concluding that it's not working? there are some motherboards like that, after you upgrade the BIOS it will start working or the on-and-off button of PCIe and igpu will be visible, don't give up yet OP

Thank you Apostlekin for encouragement  Grin
But my motherboard sucks, i already apply there second and final flash bois 2012 -___- nothing changed, instead to buy another motherboard just to free some ressources better buy another graphic card but it's not the time to buy anyone now, let's see when my 25mh/s will brough me a new graphic card  Embarrassed (i think the exact time when i'll lose the first one xD)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: