Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:11:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe overclocking settings?  (Read 118 times)
Gorosden (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 06:08:33 PM

Guys I manage to hit 30mh on a rx580 gpu at 2200 memory clock, I just want to ask if the is a safe overclock number for the GPU memory? Is there anyone running on same memory settings?

waywoos

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 06:16:53 PM

Guys I manage to hit 30mh on a rx580 gpu at 2200 memory clock, I just want to ask if the is a safe overclock number for the GPU memory? Is there anyone running on same memory settings?

i usually use 1200 and 2150.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 06:17:19 PM

Use HWiNFO to check for memory errors. As long as it's stable and not showing tons of memory errors, 2200 MHz memory is fine. Overclocking too much will cause hardware errors, which will cause the miner to report more valid shares than you are actually getting credit for. Check out this guide for more overclocking tips.

http://mining.help
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 06:43:56 PM

Hi waywoos what is your hashrate on rx580 with this memory and cclock settings? I would like you know? Do you manage to hit 30mh per second? Also at what power draw ?

Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 07:33:58 PM

I'm using 1150 Cclock and 2200 Mclock for weeks already and I'm getting 30.32MH on the rx580 with Micron memory, pretty stable, also I use AMD wattman to underclock the voltage for the memory to 860mV, power draw is 83 watt max, you have no problem

fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 01:48:28 PM

check hwinfo for memory error and temperature, wait for 72hrs if nothing error and temp under 75 should be good for 2200 and i think this limit for polaris series, yes you can go beyond that depend on sillicon lottery

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 01:55:26 PM

This is something you need to figure out on your own, juts because a overclock settings works for someone doesn't mean it will work for you, adjust overclock bit by bit and test for hours, if there is no crashes then you can keep repeating the process to get to max safe zone

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CashbackLover

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 06:35:53 PM

I'm using 1150 Cclock and 2200 Mclock for weeks already and I'm getting 30.32MH on the rx580 with Micron memory, pretty stable, also I use AMD wattman to underclock the voltage for the memory to 860mV, power draw is 83 watt max, you have no problem
Tried this setting today and miner restarts every two hours, I don't know how this is stable for you and I'm also using a RX580 with Micron memory, OC'ed MSI version, what works best for me is 2150 Memory clock and 1150 Cclock, still this doesn't push the hashrate to 30mh, I'm somewhere between 29.55MH to 29.89MH

waywoos

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 11:49:13 PM

Hi waywoos what is your hashrate on rx580 with this memory and cclock settings? I would like you know? Do you manage to hit 30mh per second? Also at what power draw ?

Yeah all my cards hit over 30. Most are at 31 or very close.  My one red dragon hits almost 32.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: