Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:48:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Point of sale solution  (Read 86 times)
Wicksy (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 09:08:18 PM

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a Point Of Sale solution or similar that is an easy to use app for retailers/cafe/restaurants to accept crypto payments.

Looking for something that allows direct payments, where the retailer doesn't need to change their entire existing Point Of Sale system.

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2021, 05:28:01 PM
Merited by suchmoon (9)

Looking for something that allows direct payments, where the retailer doesn't need to change their entire existing Point Of Sale system.
I'd recommend going with either "Blockonomics [easy to set up but depending on how you want to use it, it may require a workaround of some sort]" or "BTCPay [it takes longer to set up but you'll be in full control]".
- Other options: Bitcoin Payment Processors

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Wicksy (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 11:22:29 AM

I'd recommend going with either "Blockonomics [easy to set up but depending on how you want to use it, it may require a workaround of some sort]" or "BTCPay [it takes longer to set up but you'll be in full control]".
- Other options: Bitcoin Payment Processors

Thank you very much!. Ill have a look into these ones
Wicksy (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:11:54 PM

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a Point Of Sale solution or similar that is an easy to use app for retailers/cafe/restaurants to accept crypto payments.

Thanks.
use https://commerce.coinbase.com/ and avoid the headache of taxes and more. recommend solution for United States.
I can recommend BTCPAY if you love bitcoin and have a little technical knowledge. You can build everything yourself only need to spend some time learning.

you need Bitcoin Accepted here sign. buy some of them from Reddit or bitcointalk

I do like coinbase, but as I'm based in Australia, it doesn't look like I can withdraw to a non-custodial wallet or withdraw for Fiat if need be.
Stalker22
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 10:36:18 PM

I do like coinbase, but as I'm based in Australia, it doesn't look like I can withdraw to a non-custodial wallet or withdraw for Fiat if need be.

I believe you are still able to send digital currency from your Coinbase account to another wallet or exchange. But it is best to check with Coinbase support before.

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 2217

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 11:15:41 PM

The most obvious one would be to have a 7" tablet sitting next to the cash register and when the sale is tabulated, the sales clerk switches to the tablet with a wallet such as Eclair (especially if the customer would like to make a Lightning Network transaction with much lower TX fees) or any other Android capable BTC wallet, enters the sale price, shows the corresponding QR code which the customer scans then conducts the transaction.  Eclair will show the incoming transaction with a green tick (presumably others do too).

At the end of the day, all transactions are swept to another wallet in another location by the store manager/supervisor.  One TX, one transaction fee.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: