Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:30:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NSF Miner - ethereum miner without fee [AMD+Nvidia/Windows+Linux]  (Read 1884 times)
yatmadan_kazan

Activity: 57
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 07:37:21 AM

Thanks, - R worked well!

Question, can this miner be used with older AMD Rx580?

Yes, but ethminer runs better with opencl kernel support for RX580

Ethminer runs better with 6800, 6800 xt and 6900 xt for my rig too.
6800 sapphire nitro+
6800 xt msi,
6900 xt xfx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eXclusiveOR

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 05:24:19 PM
Merited by yatmadan_kazan (1)

I can't believe nobody noticed that yet, although people already complained that running it from the command line with --help parameter doesn't work as expected and the program wants to run as admin and install something instead, which should raise lots of red flags.

OP is spreading a virus, since his binary links lead to no-fee-ethereum-minlng instead of no-fee-ethereum-mining (L instead of I). It's a 1:1 copy of the original GitHub repo regarding the source files, but with different (malicious) binaries on its "releases" page. If you use this you probably mine on someone elses behalf instead for yourself.
Yurizhai (OP)

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 05:39:34 PM

I can't believe nobody noticed that yet, although people already complained that running it from the command line with --help parameter doesn't work as expected and the program wants to run as admin and install something instead, which should raise lots of red flags.

OP is spreading a virus, since his binary links lead to no-fee-ethereum-minlng instead of no-fee-ethereum-mining (L instead of I). It's a 1:1 copy of the original GitHub repo regarding the source files, but with different (malicious) binaries on its "releases" page. If you use this you probably mine on someone elses behalf instead for yourself.

One minute, now I'll double-check
eXclusiveOR

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 05:51:40 PM

I'm sure it wasn't on purpose - that you can easily fall for such a link is the whole idea about creating such a repo. But yes, you should always double-check such links, people actually click on them  Embarrassed

I also reported the repo on GitHub, hopefully it's removed soon.
Yurizhai (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 05:54:24 PM

I'm sure it wasn't on purpose - that you can easily fall for such a link is the whole idea about creating such a repo. But yes, you should always double-check such links, people actually click on them  Embarrassed

I also reported the repo on GitHub, hopefully it's removed soon.
At the moment everything is normal, I also complained about the github account, now I will look at the history of logins to the account and change the password at the same time.
Thanks for the info
skablast

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 06:59:19 PM

mmmh, that's why probably I wasn't able to install it
In fact 1.34 worked, 1.37 upward weren't installing correctly
I will delete everything then

eXclusiveOR

View Profile
March 14, 2021, 08:23:21 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2021, 08:49:24 PM by eXclusiveOR

mmmh, that's why probably I wasn't able to install it
In fact 1.34 worked, 1.37 upward weren't installing correctly
I will delete everything then

The original Windows binary doesn't need an installation, also no admin permissions. You just put the nsfminer.exe somewhere and run it (with arguments, so from a .bat file for more convenience). When running "nfsminer --help" on a CMD window it should output help infos, instead of asking for admin permissions and trying to install something.

For me the trojan created a file znsfminer.exe in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 - it also created the files helppane.exe (and put it in automatic startup) and libssp-0.dll in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\commons-logging\commons-logging\1.1.3. I guess it just selected a random folder within the user directory that has sufficient tree levels to hide the files "down there", because I don't find any reference for these specific files in this specific folder (and not everyone has Minecraft installed). So for everyone else it's probably in different folders. You could search for the .exe or .dll name within your user folder, although there is no guarantee it won't use a different file name (that usually belongs to a valid system file in Windows) on other systems.

That's the thing's I know because Windows Defender detected them. I don't know whether there is more and I should rather reinstall Windows now, still investigating...
yatmadan_kazan

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 05:49:31 AM

Thanks for the info...
Yurizhai (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2021, 08:41:41 PM

I have a rig 12x3080, put it on the test. I will write the result in a day
write down the result, I think it's interesting to know and the rest of who will be interested in the miner
Yurizhai (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2021, 01:55:02 PM

New update coming soon
Yurizhai (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2021, 01:46:15 PM

Do you have any suggestions for what new to add to the miner?

Some information about the GPU (temperature, fan speed, power draw...) would be nice.
it would be cool if these functions were included in the new update
in future updates
dedizonesv2

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 19, 2021, 05:34:27 PM

write down the result, I think it's interesting to know and the rest of who will be interested in the miner
The result came out about 1260 Mh/s
Quite a good hashrate, considering that there is no devfee

NFSMiner and TREX/Gminer same result Mhs and share (juste remove 0.65% or 1% for check real hashrate)

remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 09:36:05 PM

The result came out about 1260 Mh/s
Quite a good hashrate, considering that there is no devfee

NFSMiner and TREX/Gminer same result Mhs and share (juste remove 0.65% or 1% for check real hashrate)

I think this is a very good result for a miner who is exposed without dev fee
Yurizhai (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 06:06:43 PM

Small update for NSFminer

NSFminer v1.3.9 release note:
-Fix unknown console log entry in Windows
-Update Windows CUDA toolkit to cuda_11.2.2_461.33
skablast

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 06:56:43 PM

Yuritzai,
Now, I am annoyed, to say the least.

Please write here what is supposed to happen if I launch a bat file with
nsfminer --help

because, it seem that, again,  that your github link is compromised

dedizonesv2

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 08:28:14 PM

Yuritzai,
Now, I am annoyed, to say the least.

Please write here what is supposed to happen if I launch a bat file with
nsfminer --help

because, it seem that, again,  that your github link is compromised

I also did not understand the story of --help? and virus etc .. more in hiveOS, he would have seen no problem since in the version?
dedizonesv2

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 08:34:46 PM
Merited by Yurizhai (1)

About miner
NSFminer is an Ethash GPU mining application: with nsfminer you can mine every coin which relies on an Ethash Proof of Work.
This is a direct descendent of the Ethminer project at https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer. Since that project is largely abandoned and unmanaged this personal version is published with the hope that it may continue to be useful.
Project Owner & Developer @jean-m-cyr

Features
-OpenCL mining
-Nvidia CUDA mining
-Realistic benchmarking
-Stratum mining without proxy
-Automatic devices configuration
-Farm failover

How to use
NSFminer is a command line program. This means you launch it either from a Windows command prompt or Linux console, or create shortcuts to predefined command lines using a Linux Bash script or Windows batch/cmd file. For a full list of available command, please run:

Code:
nsfminer --help

Download
Windows: https://github.com/no-fee-ethereum-mining/nsfminer/releases/download/v1.3.9/nsfminer_1.3.9-windows_10-cuda_11.2-opencl.zip
Linux: https://github.com/no-fee-etnereum-minlng/nsfminer/releases/download/v1.3.9/nsfminer_1.3.9-ubuntu_20.04-opencl.tgz

Source: https://github.com/no-fee-ethereum-mining/nsfminer

I just found, in the link for linux, there is mining with L "minIng" in uppercase

the false link https://github.com/no-fee-etnereum-minlng/nsfminer/releases/download/v1.3.9/nsfminer_1.3.9-ubuntu_20.04-opencl.tgz

the real link https://github.com/no-fee-ethereum-mining/nsfminer/releases/download/v1.3.9/nsfminer_1.3.9-ubuntu_20.04-cuda_11.2-opencl.tgz
=
==> https://github.com/no-fee-ethereum-mining/nsfminer/releases/tag/v1.3.9

the credibility of the author of the post is surely not on ...
Yurizhai (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 08:48:36 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2021, 10:50:36 PM by mprep

About miner
NSFminer is an Ethash GPU mining application: with nsfminer you can mine every coin which relies on an Ethash Proof of Work.
This is a direct descendent of the Ethminer project at https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer. Since that project is largely abandoned and unmanaged this personal version is published with the hope that it may continue to be useful.
Project Owner & Developer @jean-m-cyr

Features
-OpenCL mining
-Nvidia CUDA mining
-Realistic benchmarking
-Stratum mining without proxy
-Automatic devices configuration
-Farm failover

How to use
NSFminer is a command line program. This means you launch it either from a Windows command prompt or Linux console, or create shortcuts to predefined command lines using a Linux Bash script or Windows batch/cmd file. For a full list of available command, please run:

Code:
nsfminer --help

Download
Windows: [removed phishing url]
Linux: [removed phishing url]

Source: https://github.com/no-fee-ethereum-mining/nsfminer

I just found, in the link for linux, there is mining with L "minIng" in uppercase

the false link https://github.com/no-fee-etnereum-minlng/nsfminer/releases/download/v1.3.9/nsfminer_1.3.9-ubuntu_20.04-opencl.tgz

the real link https://github.com/no-fee-ethereum-mining/nsfminer/releases/download/v1.3.9/nsfminer_1.3.9-ubuntu_20.04-cuda_11.2-opencl.tgz
=
==> https://github.com/no-fee-ethereum-mining/nsfminer/releases/tag/v1.3.9

the credibility of the author of the post is surely not on ...

fixed, thanks
JayDDee

Activity: 1364
Merit: 216

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 09:28:45 PM

Once is negligence, twice is malicious.

This thread and its author can't be trusted. Bookmark the real github and don't ever use any links from this thread.

skablast

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 09:32:15 PM

this version at least start and it doesn't seem to be a trojan
but:

The miner is unable to list devices with some polaris 8gb and some 4gb in the slots and no Nvidia in the rig

What is needed in future update:

a readme file with all the command available
an example in which some device is used and some other are not

The two meaning of the same letter with lower case and UPPERCASE doesn't make sense -h -H -l -L etc..

The sintax of the miner is in conflit with the sintax of this pool: Ezil.me  where a lot of people is double mining Eth

The miner with 4 rtx 3070 is offering almost the same hashrate as Trex, with more unvalid shares with the same oc BUT its powerconsumption is 2 % lower that is a very good point

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: