Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:53:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LUXCoin wallet corrupt/broken, crashes application. How to retreive?  (Read 70 times)
Nighthog (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 09:11:19 AM

Hi guys.

Had some issues with setup on a new wallet I had just started using and had some coins of some insignificant value being sent to it.
Problem is my system crashed and the wallet got corrupt & broken.
Crashed the application when trying to access the wallet.

Just want some help on the procedures in general when dealing with corrupt/broken wallets and how to try salvage them. Either by extracting the private-key or restoring it's functionality so I can send the few coins I have there to the new wallet I created.

Application: Luxcore version v5.5.0.0-aa3cdb4c-Luxcore (64-bit)
LUXCoin

I have the wallet.dat from after the crash, but it causes the application to crash in multitude of ways.
I've tried to just copy the wallet into a new install or try a -salvage & re-index operation but it was still crashing.

It should not have encryption as I had no time to do it before the issues.
I think it would be easy to get the funds out from the wallet. Just need the how-to.

Just need pointers on where to start and what tools might be needed.
I tried to check the file in .txt format but it's gibberish, not readable text. Some kind of encoding needs to be done to be able to find the keys in plain text?

Thanks for any help you can provide. The knowledge will be invaluable going forward.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Father-of-Ash

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 06:12:48 AM

Hello,

I'm having the same issue.

I tried replacing the .dat file with an older .dat file from the backup folder, it took about 10 min to sync but still no coins showing once it fully loaded.
not sure how to do it. for the time being i just created a new address and updated my miners with it.   
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 07:11:00 AM

They also have PoS web wallet which allows import and export keys so you can import your address to the web wallet if you have the keys. Or else you need to go with Linux wallet and use the wallet.dat file you are having to get them out.
Nighthog (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 03:06:50 PM

People seem uninterested to something so important as this is kinda regrettable.

Should be easy and common knowledge on how to retrieve this kind of stuff, but is what it is.

Haven't bothered as been busy with stuff.
Wallet still corrupt. No guide on how to retrieve the coins in general has been presented. I was expecting this to have been told in hours from when I posted about it but the thread got thrown out from the relevant forum kinda instantly so didn't bother more with it.

This isn't the proper forum for this discussion. Why a mod moved this here just bad policy.
Father-of-Ash

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 03:54:53 PM

They also have PoS web wallet which allows import and export keys so you can import your address to the web wallet if you have the keys. Or else you need to go with Linux wallet and use the wallet.dat file you are having to get them out.

so i can retrieve my keys from the .dat file using linux wallet, then import those keys with address into the PoS web wallet?
ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1228

View Profile
March 11, 2021, 03:56:58 PM

-snip-
Because of the discussion about "LUXCoin" and that is Altcoin that's why they moved the thread into this board.

First of all, is a forum not everyone has some answer you need to wait until someone can help you. Second, why not asking about the issue on LUXCoin community? that would be the best way you can do to get some answer to the topic you are looking for.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀