Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:48:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally GPU mining is dead...  (Read 1007 times)
Ursul0 (OP)

Activity: 857
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 10:51:37 AM

I've been mining since 2016 and have 7-5.4 cent electricity.  Even with cheap electricity a bear market is not fun and if you buy gear at inflated prices you will never ROI.

Yeah, truth and fact is, if you buy a rtx 3080 now for 1500 usd you will never roi it. Yeah I know, the mindless trolls will come here and say they will roi no matter what hehe, reason they are mindless, rtx 3080 for 1k you have a great chance to if this doesn't end next 4 months or the difficulty stays the same but we know either one of those will happen, the difficulty has been increasing dramatically or the market will simple crash to hehell ehhe and when it crashes to hehell your 4 months roi will become 10 years roi hehe
I purchased Red devil 580 GPUs at $425+taxes  in 2018. They have been running non stop since. 30 months of mining should have done ROI.
The difference between now and 2018 is that we may finally have POS/1559 that would stop Eth mining.

lol. I still have a pair of 480 refs working since summer of 2016:) - paid just below 250$ for each back then, some freakishly reach gpus those are...

but adding more GPUs now is risky, POS is indeed looming and also btw I hope this fee debacle will be solved, otherwise eth is in trouble.

...also I wouldn't bet you will be able to "buy low" some of the coins anytime soon, but then there will always be market:))
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 11:22:07 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2021, 11:35:26 AM by Metroid

...also I wouldn't bet you will be able to "buy low" some of the coins anytime soon, but then there will always be market:))

Yeah, it takes time, now we see trolls buying the dip, soon they will not buy the dip anymore and will see their invested money crashing then they will run to sell their coins and make everything crash as well, we are at that stage where they say "buy the dip" soon will be that stage "sell at the dip" ehhe

I think there will be a last bulltrap to 79k btc then crash to 10k ~ 20k again and stay there for the next 3 years.

I would not buy gpus anymore, a rtx 3080 being sold for 1800 usd, 3070 for $1300 and 3600ti for 1200 usd is pure bs. Soon they will return to original price and nobody will want to buy them, market will be flooded with second hand gpus just like 2018 after the crash.

rtx 3090 being sold for 2500 usd, this is what it does https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?hr=120.0&p=300.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.1&hcost=2500.0&commit=Calculate

237 days to roi today, very sure this will not last 237 days, I doubt this can last another 100 days and even if it does by then the network difficulty will have increased so much that 237 days has become 474 days ehhe and that is only network difficulty, if eth crashes then that 474 days will become 14 years eheh

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Ursul0 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 11:54:11 AM

Yeah, it takes time, now we see trolls buying the dip, soon they will not buy the dip anymore and will see their invested money crashing then they will run to sell their coins and make everything crash as well, we are at that stage where they say "buy the dip" soon will be that stage "sell at the dip" ehhe

I think there will be a last bulltrap to 79k btc then crash to 10k ~ 20k again and stay there for the next 3 years.

I would not buy gpus anymore, a rtx 3080 being sold for 1800 usd, 3070 for $1300 and 3600ti for 1200 usd is pure bs. Soon they will return to original price and nobody will want to buy them, market will be flooded with second hand gpus just like 2018 after the crash.

rtx 3090 being sold for 2500 usd, this is what it does https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?hr=120.0&p=300.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.1&hcost=2500.0&commit=Calculate

237 days to roi today, very sure this will not last 237 days, I doubt this can last another 100 days and even if it does by then the network difficulty will have increased so much that 237 days has become 474 days ehhe and that is only network difficulty, if eth crashes then that 474 days will become 14 years eheh

by the looks of it it will not go below 35K now and likely will hit 100K this year
Wisbrown

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 12:36:22 PM

Nothing kill GPU but there are some correction that was made. Research to know in details
nu2mlock

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 04:26:26 PM

A friend and I mined with 30x 1080 Ti's and 30x RX570 last time, but sold most working off eventually, and the ones that was broken I got refund for through RMA. It was fun and all, but it took a lot of work and time for maintenance, so I wouldn't recommend anyone doing that again.

I did just buy two of his remaining 1080 Ti's for $350 each, which I think is a fair price. I also bought an RTX 3080 back in November ($950) and it has soon paid for itself. I bought the RTX 3080 for myself and gaming, so the mining on that is just an added bonus.

Also good to warm up two different rooms now that it's cold.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 05:44:27 AM

Yes I completely agree with this. I don't think $58K was the top yet however its not too far off. Basically with all the news that Microstrategy bought coins at $53K and Square at $51K there is still lots of retail FOMO going on. I think the weak point right now is that its taking too long to open an exchange account and transfer fiat to buy crypto. Hence why we are not yet at $100K.

However with all these minimum 6 figure prediction saying it will go to $100K or $250K or $500K or even $1M, makes me realise that most likely we will never hit $100K, because that is where most people will start to sell their crypto since its a nice psychological number.

$79K is important because its about $99K in CAD and AUD. So most will start to take profit there. Your target of $10-$20K is also spot on. Since $20K was the last ATH and it might be support and the 200WMA which always worked as support will be somewhere in that range when we head back down.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 06:03:28 AM

Yes I completely agree with this. I don't think $58K was the top yet however its not too far off. Basically with all the news that Microstrategy bought coins at $53K and Square at $51K there is still lots of retail FOMO going on. I think the weak point right now is that its taking too long to open an exchange account and transfer fiat to buy crypto. Hence why we are not yet at $100K.

However with all these minimum 6 figure prediction saying it will go to $100K or $250K or $500K or even $1M, makes me realise that most likely we will never hit $100K, because that is where most people will start to sell their crypto since its a nice psychological number.

$79K is important because its about $99K in CAD and AUD. So most will start to take profit there. Your target of $10-$20K is also spot on. Since $20K was the last ATH and it might be support and the 200WMA which always worked as support will be somewhere in that range when we head back down.

Well I do this for a living hehe, so yes reason I'm hardly wrong when comes to this. I got my midterm right, eth 1900 ~ 2100 usd and btc 57 ~ 59k, my bullrun ending term is eth 2500 ~ 2900 usd and btc 74 ~ 79k.

There is also a possibility this could end now and then return in 2 to 3 years, will see, I would not buy anything right now, altcoins have been crashing for the last 3 days and already have dropped in price quite a lot, not worth to sell altcoins at these prices, btc still good price to sell, it did not crash that much yet. If btc has to rebound then look at 40k or 35k, if it goes lower than those values then we are going back to 20k and beartraps to 10k or a bit lower 9.6k to fill that cme gap.

Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 06:33:44 AM

Your calculation is scary, if you knew all these already why even invest in graphic cards at all? It seems like I made a wrong decision buying graphic cards to mine when ROI may never come, all I need is just 100 days and I'm good

batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 06:34:09 AM

Well I do this for a living hehe, so yes reason I'm hardly wrong when comes to this. I got my midterm right, eth 1900 ~ 2100 usd and btc 57 ~ 59k, my bullrun ending term is eth 2500 ~ 2900 usd and btc 74 ~ 79k.

There is also a possibility this could end now and then return in 2 to 3 years, will see, I would not buy anything right now, altcoins have been crashing for the last 3 days and already have dropped in price quite a lot, not worth to sell altcoins at these prices, btc still good price to sell, it did not crash that much yet. If btc has to rebound then look at 40k or 35k, if it goes lower than those values then we are going back to 20k and beartraps to 10k or a bit lower 9.6k to fill that cme gap.
Looks like it is allready began to drop fast or not yet?
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 06:53:25 AM

Your calculation is scary, if you knew all these already why even invest in graphic cards at all? It seems like I made a wrong decision buying graphic cards to mine when ROI may never come, all I need is just 100 days and I'm good

Buying gpus right now at these high prices is as gamble as buying coins right now, know why? as we have the bullrun where people accumulate coins, miners also accumulate gpus, see my point, so miners dont sell gpus, when everything crashes, miners know their gpus will also crash to less than msrp prices, i mean 3080 right now for 1800 usd will crash to sub 500 usd, i'm not joking, this happened in 2018 and it will happen again plus there are many miners which only mine on bullruns and once the bullrun ends they run to sell their gpus as fast as possible, the market will be inflated with cheap gpus just like 2018.

I'm not a miner, yes I purchased 2 evga ftw3 rtx 3080 for 1k each and I'm mining with them but the idea here is to stay with one and to sell the other one. I bought the 3080 with the intention of gaming not mining, not bad mining with it right now.

Also my calculations are a representation of past events based in history, in 2011 with bitcoin then in 2014 with litecoin, in 2018 with eth and now 2021 with eth again. This does not mean it will happen again but it has a great chance to history repeating itself and happening again.

Altcoins yes, not sure if this is a beartrap or the end already, need to watch out if btc falls below 32k, if yes then this might be the end, if btc rebounds at 35k or 40k or even 32k then it still has a chance to go to 79k, no clear sign yet.

Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 07:05:41 AM

Buying gpus right now at these high prices is as gamble as buying coins right now, know why? as we have the bullrun where people accumulate coins, miners also accumulate gpus, see my point, so miners dont sell gpus, when everything crashes, miners know their gpus will also crash to less than msrp prices, i mean 3080 right now for 1800 usd will crash to sub 500 usd, i'm not joking, this happened in 2018 and it will happen again plus there are many miners which only mine on bullruns and once the bullrun ends they run to sell their gpus as fast as possible, the market will be inflated with cheap gpus just like 2018.

I'm not a miner, yes I purchased 2 evga ftw3 rtx 3080 for 1k each and I'm mining with them but the idea here is to stay with one and to sell the other one. I bought the 3080 with the intention of gaming not mining, not bad mining with it right now.

Also my calculations are a representation of past events based in history, in 2011 with bitcoin then in 2014 with litecoin, in 2018 with eth and now 2021 with eth again. This does not mean it will happen again but it has a great chance to history repeating itself and happening again.

Altcoins yes, not sure if this is a beartrap or the end already, need to watch out if btc falls below 32k, if yes then this might be the end, if btc rebounds at 35k or 40k or even 32k then it still has a chance to go to 79k, no clear sign yet.
I hope this won't happen, I just start mining January 2021 with my new graphic cards, I've not even make half ROI back yet, this will break me if bear market starts this soon, I was expecting something around June or July, though I have free electricity since I'm using green energy but I have my targets

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 07:37:08 AM

I hope this won't happen, I just start mining January 2021 with my new graphic cards, I've not even make half ROI back yet, this will break me if bear market starts this soon, I was expecting something around June or July, though I have free electricity since I'm using green energy but I have my targets

If you bought 3080 for less or equal than 1k or 3060/3070 for less or equal than 800 usd then you will be fine, people buying 3060/3070 for 1400 usd and 3080 for 1800 usd or 3090 for 3k then they will be hurt pretty bad.

batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 07:58:59 AM

@Metroid i agree with
There is lot people doing that again.i can give example: I used to have friend now he is not talking to me anymore why i will tell you. in begin 2019 he asked for help in mining. I found rig with 10x1070 for 2k i said it is good price and he bought it. after 1 month he said it is bullsht and giving very low money.he said i lost 2k was angry at me and blaming, left sold whole rig for same price.
Now 6-7days ago he is calling and saying going to buy 4x rtx 3070 (each 1400$) i said i dont know do whatever you want.then he said he bought it. So there is many people like that.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 08:09:37 AM

@Metroid i agree with
There is lot people doing that again.i can give example: I used to have friend now he is not talking to me anymore why i will tell you. in begin 2019 he asked for help in mining. I found rig with 10x1070 for 2k i said it is good price and he bought it. after 1 month he said it is bullsht and giving very low money.he said i lost 2k was angry at me and blaming, left sold whole rig for same price.
Now 6-7days ago he is calling and saying going to buy 4x rtx 3070 (each 1400$) i said i dont know do whatever you want.then he said he bought it. So there is many people like that.

Yeah they dont buy when it low but they will when is high, big mistake, I guess they will have to learn the hard way.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 05:21:41 PM

You know how the markets are. Most traders usually lose 99% of the time. People think it can easily go to >$100K however what is going to be the sentiment if all of a sudden MtGox coins are released? Tesla sells their $31K buy at $62K? Microstrategy starts to offload their BTC? Sentiment will shift very quickly on that news.

I think if a bear market starts there are 3 areas to watch for.

First is the ~$33K area, I think this is where most of the latest retail fomo entered. Next area is $19K this is where the second last wave of retail fomo entered. The volume profile can prove this.

So there is a good chance that either $33K will be the low or $19-20K? However what about the people who bought at $10K back in second half of 2029? I think the market will come back to those also. I think in a few months this is also were the 200WMA will be.

So this is why I agree with Metroid's targets between $10-20K. I think those will be very good areas to buy into bitcoin if you've sold and cold storage those bitcoins for years.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Ursul0 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 09:33:48 AM

guys I think you are dead wrong about btc. the bull market started around 14.5K, we need to go below 22-20 to invalidate. 100K this year is almost guaranteed;)
but we will see.
Ursul0 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 10:24:53 AM

You know how the markets are. Most traders usually lose 99% of the time. People think it can easily go to >$100K however what is going to be the sentiment if all of a sudden MtGox coins are released? Tesla sells their $31K buy at $62K? Microstrategy starts to offload their BTC? Sentiment will shift very quickly on that news.

I think if a bear market starts there are 3 areas to watch for.

First is the ~$33K area, I think this is where most of the latest retail fomo entered. Next area is $19K this is where the second last wave of retail fomo entered. The volume profile can prove this.

So there is a good chance that either $33K will be the low or $19-20K? However what about the people who bought at $10K back in second half of 2029? I think the market will come back to those also. I think in a few months this is also were the 200WMA will be.

So this is why I agree with Metroid's targets between $10-20K. I think those will be very good areas to buy into bitcoin if you've sold and cold storage those bitcoins for years.

noone will sell shit. supply squeeze will continue, fiat currencies are being deflated like never before, btc is being correctly perceived as the store of value by too many already...
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 11:20:15 AM

If you bought 3080 for less or equal than 1k or 3060/3070 for less or equal than 800 usd then you will be fine, people buying 3060/3070 for 1400 usd and 3080 for 1800 usd or 3090 for 3k then they will be hurt pretty bad.
I bought my gpus for 400$ and they produce 31MH each, hope I'm on the safe side? 120 to 150 days is all I need to recover my most ROI, it's definitely going to be a disaster if bear season really kicks in right now

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 12:00:12 PM

I bought my gpus for 400$ and they produce 31MH each, hope I'm on the safe side? 120 to 150 days is all I need to recover my most ROI, it's definitely going to be a disaster if bear season really kicks in right now

it depends how much electricity that gpu uses to get 31mhs, the idea now is to sell as fast as possible cause there is no clear sign this will continue, wait a dead cat bounce then sell. I do have some altcoins that I forgot to sell, I'm waiting a bulltrap to sell them high, my main coins I sold at top.

waywoos

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2021, 02:35:46 PM

i mined for the last years at eth low prices and a week ago i sold most of my eth.
now i will probably will do the same again.
sold a 3070 for a ridiculous price last night as well.  I wanted to finally take a profit
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: