Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:46:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First time scammed , very frustrated  (Read 1863 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 06:04:16 AM

Scammers are now smarter, they can try to duplicate with a similarity of up to 90%. Sometimes we are careless and they are used to trick us. so you can make this experience a lesson in the future for you to be more vigilant in securing your assets
Nope, they aren't in any way smarter. It's just that most investors/traders often fail to do their due diligence patiently coupled with the tendency of greed. Otherwise, how do you relate with a random stranger online promising you something free with little or no investment. If it isn't greed on the part of he who is trying to invest then I don't know what else it should be.

It is very painful suddenly losing 0.25 eth, but it is a reality that you must accept. The bitter experience you will experience will be the most valuable lesson for you and will make you more careful in the future.
Hopefully, the OP learnt from that sad (but mandatory) experience.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 12:38:29 PM

^ As you said,,, sadly but truly,,, getting scammed is a mandatory experience for all of us. I was scammed too in the past sad to admit but I definitely learnt my lesson and have not been scammed (fingers crossed) since 2017.

As much as you learn from others it is only from your own mistakes that becomes the best teacher. Such is crypto!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
memyselfandi

Activity: 573
Merit: 100

Futurov

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 01:52:43 PM

Some people said that this is one of the requirement for us to learn and become knowledgable enough about crypto but I disagree with them. We can be knowledgable in crypto market without losing or being scammed by others or we can learn from others mistake. Yes it is understandable for those newbies that the risk is really high for them but we can be more cautious with regards on our decisions.

███████████████ ██ █      F U T U R O V     The #watch2earn Revolution      █ ██ ███████████████
Website  ⦁  Telegram Group  ⦁  Telegram Channel  ⦁  Twitter  ⦁  Instagram  ⦁  YouTube  ⦁  TikTok  ⦁  Github
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2021, 01:57:43 PM

Sad to hear about what happened to OP. During the last 4 plus years, I was scammed multiple times. But eventually, we need to move on. For my part, I took these as valuable lessons in the field of cryptocurrency. There is not much we can do to get back the coins/tokens. These people wash the coins several times before cashing out through exchanges or P2P platforms. And you need a lot of time and resources to trace them.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 02:24:39 PM

It will be a lesson when you have experienced fraud. I have also been in a position where I got a fraud that frustrated me. Make sure if you are interested in investing or buying tokens in an ICO or pre-sale,
use free funds because if we spend too much money but don't meet expectations and actually lose mentally if we use free money we are not too stressed. Manage money management and do further research before investing

Very true, I think most of us here experienced that. I nearly cried the first time I have been done. Good thing that time my girlfriend (now my wife) comforted me and chilled me out. The best part is another investment came up very well and I guess that there's always a sunshine after the rain. So it's a lesson and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2021, 02:41:39 PM

there are many ways as hacker gains of login with the account. sometimes they are not modest on technicals but only depending with their chance as creating phishing site to collect information from failed users as inputing details with the phising site. i have experience once as accidently entering login to false forkdelta website.

Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 26, 2021, 09:57:06 AM

there are many ways as hacker gains of login with the account. sometimes they are not modest on technicals but only depending with their chance as creating phishing site to collect information from failed users as inputing details with the phising site. i have experience once as accidently entering login to false forkdelta website.
The scammer trap through fake websites has been around for a long time and for now it doesn't seem to work anymore because everyone who has been tricked has started to look carefully at all websites so they can tell the difference.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2021, 10:02:20 AM

You are supposed to have been counciled about these. Often times people come into the crypto space not knowing that loads of scammers are in to make money off the ignorant newbies and these newbies don't as questions. They end up facing collosal losses much worse than these but a consultant would have warned you about them for even a much lesser fee.

There is a start for everything , so i just get first time scammed and hope last time.
Since few times i follow polkadot env and liked their projects especially polkastarter . it's like the ico's for projects to raise money . I wanted to participate to one of them and got whitelisted to superfarm ($super) to buy in the presale at a good price but sended 0.25 eth to wrong adress . yes i'm little bit dumb they made a clone of their official telegram channel and i get caught . usually i don't do that but we all do mistakes .

the adress of the scammer : 0xC88b5F4aaE1C8f2778DEF2257b6bAf1BA62E4B09

i hope he will die  with a cancer . i lost $447.83USD that's 50% of my humble portfolio and i worked hard to put this money in . i know that there is nothing i can do and i feel little bit down but that's life assholes are everywhere . Whitout this scammers cryptocurrency and the world would be better .

So just a little thought for me . good luck and get your money safe

isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 26, 2021, 10:19:48 AM

~
Not really mandatory, but at least be wary of who you deal with.
You know the basics of those good old notices that admins won't ask for your password and all of that.
Just like the scam that I was about to be baited where the site even asks for my MyEtherWallet password.
investdatasystems

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2021, 11:41:14 AM

There is a start for everything , so i just get first time scammed and hope last time.
Since few times i follow polkadot env and liked their projects especially polkastarter . it's like the ico's for projects to raise money . I wanted to participate to one of them and got whitelisted to superfarm ($super) to buy in the presale at a good price but sended 0.25 eth to wrong adress . yes i'm little bit dumb they made a clone of their official telegram channel and i get caught . usually i don't do that but we all do mistakes .

i hope he will die  with a cancer . i lost $447.83USD that's 50% of my humble portfolio and i worked hard to put this money in . i know that there is nothing i can do and i feel little bit down but that's life assholes are everywhere . Whitout this scammers cryptocurrency and the world would be better .

I used to be scammed too some years ago.
I invested 0.1 ETH in PayPro token ICO.
They told us that they had had transfered the all ETH to an unknown ETH wallet ( https://etherscan.io/address/0x132623d797fe61de05de0ab5ec5e7a8380000000 )
Today, the ETH wallet they used has more than 1000 ETH...

There is a related subject :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935522.1190;wap2

I've never been able to get my 0.1 ETH back  Angry
worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2021, 12:16:26 PM

I think it was your mistake that you didn’t double check the telegram channel.
However, i feel bad for you that you lost 50% of your portfolio but I’m sure scammer is very happy.
Make sure next time you check details carefully and not fall in similar traps.
geegaw

Activity: 1316
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 26, 2021, 01:37:06 PM

I think it was your mistake that you didn’t double check the telegram channel.
However, i feel bad for you that you lost 50% of your portfolio but I’m sure scammer is very happy.
Make sure next time you check details carefully and not fall in similar traps.
Well, his mistake is probably too trusting others, trusting telegram groups while he forgets that the crypto world is a world without laws, people do not always live peacefully together, many people always take advantage of other people's vulnerabilities and greed to deceive, especially for new investors, they get caught up in very rudimentary traps. Blameful but pitiful, at least it's not a lot of money, he also made public mistakes for others to avoid, too many scam projects are continuously happening every day as crypto is becoming more valuable

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 26, 2021, 08:46:35 PM

It's a shame that some people still fall for these traps. But good teams with a solid track record do not allow themselves to deceive others. These are only small projects, designed not for large investors, but for beginners who can afford to raise money and close the project without explaining the reasons.  Lips sealed
Westinhome

Activity: 1582
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2021, 09:46:37 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2021, 10:18:28 PM by Westinhome

Some people said that this is one of the requirement for us to learn and become knowledgable enough about crypto but I disagree with them. We can be knowledgable in crypto market without losing or being scammed by others or we can learn from others mistake. Yes it is understandable for those newbies that the risk is really high for them but we can be more cautious with regards on our decisions.
Actually no one perfect in crypto so thats why we can make some mistake also to trusted other people but in the end all they need is our money that we have, So thats why many of us in here are being victim of scam and lesson learn other investor or bounty hunter said because it is a part of us if we are in here in crypto world we always encountered a scam project wherever we go,
Traderbtcc

Activity: 1190
Merit: 123

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 26, 2021, 10:48:34 PM

Another crypto scam, I'm very sorry about your loss mate, I just hope you learn to cross check double or even triple times before sending out your crypto, cause scammers are fond of cloning Telegram groups of successful projects and then claim there's a giveaway which you need to send eth to a particular wallet in order to get the giveaway token, those are all nothing but scams, anything that seems too good to be true I will advise you tread with caution, cause there's a 95% person chance that its scam.

Father Bitcoin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2021, 11:55:58 PM

The scammer trap through fake websites has been around for a long time and for now it doesn't seem to work anymore because everyone who has been tricked has started to look carefully at all websites so they can tell the difference.

But somehow hackers can get another way to get information about accounts through other media, even though many people already know about web phishing, because after all in the digital world no one can guarantee that their data is safe from hackers
Zemomtum

Activity: 1316
Merit: 104

CitizenFinance.io

View Profile
March 26, 2021, 11:59:11 PM

This will be a very big lesson, it is important to check twice before sending to any address. Look at the project website and join any of their social media fro the website, with that, you will not end up interacting with a clone social media channel

uelque

Activity: 812
Merit: 126

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2021, 07:46:06 AM

What's good about every mistake we had is that we learned a lesson. So we can all I guess that will never happen again on your part. Btw, I'm sorry for that big loss.

I'm also an investor on some ICO projects, but I always make sure to send money on the right address, so that kind of scam never happened to me ever since. The kind of scam I encountered was a when people behind the project run away with our money, no response or anything,  no refund, but I'm still glad I didn't put much of my money on that project (I'm also a noobie that time).

That is why we always need to make sure every little thing, even the smallest of the smallest thing they offer before we jump in, by that, we can avoid any losses on our part.
27_Mikhail_27

Activity: 504

A New Exchange Era

View Profile
March 27, 2021, 08:40:06 AM

i hope he will die  with a cancer . i lost $447.83USD that's 50% of my humble portfolio and i worked hard to put this money in . i know that there is nothing i can do and i feel little bit down but that's life assholes are everywhere . Whitout this scammers cryptocurrency and the world would be better .

I see that scammers have collected more than 21 Ethereum in this way(((  I despise such people! I think everyone lost money doing cryptocurrency. This is such a risky business. And people can only learn from their mistakes (most people like me) It is clear that the scammers work a lot in the telegram, but was this clone-group really that big in terms of the number of participants?

FairUser

Activity: 1344
Merit: 264

bit.ly/3QXp3oh | Ultimate Launchpad on TON

View Profile
March 27, 2021, 09:49:40 AM

That is a small amount, and you will certainly never forget about this incident. However, do not be too sad and consider it as a tuition fee in this market to help you be more wary of people who have bad behavior.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██