Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:05:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's generally considered the best pool to join?  (Read 6606 times)
likuidxd

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 12:48:50 AM

A pool already makes its own BTC on every block found there, typically the fees that have been attached by transactions and donations.
How much BTC can pool make on a TX fees per day ?

Enough to run I suppose...I'm not a pool operator, IDK

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeepBit
Donator

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 12:54:53 AM

A pool already makes its own BTC on every block found there, typically the fees that have been attached by transactions and donations.
How much BTC can pool make on a TX fees per day ?
Enough to run I suppose...I'm not a pool operator, IDK
Well, if you don't know, how can you tell ? :)
TX fees are almost zero and nowhere near the amounts needed even for hosting.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:00:20 AM

No, I think it was pretty well written. That's what comma's are for.

Proportional pools are all the same over time, their only difference will be in fees. A pool already makes its own BTC on every block found there, typically the fees that have been attached by transactions and donations. Get yourself in a pool that you like, without a fee, there are a lot to choose from.

If I may add my own 2 bitcents, you may enjoy 0% fee PPS style pools better at 870 MH/s.

What proportional pool that pays for stale shares and unmatured blocks is there besides Deepbit? If you know one that has all this without fees I will gladly use it.
likuidxd

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:00:31 AM

Well, if you don't know, how can you tell ? Smiley
TX fees are almost zero and nowhere near the amounts needed even for hosting.

Because 0% fee pools are still around, keep growing and new ones are popping up.
I would think they would have disappeared quite rapidly if they weren't profitable/sustainable.

likuidxd

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:01:45 AM

What proportional pool that pays for stale shares and unmatured blocks is there besides Deepbit? If you know one that has all this without fees I will gladly use it.

It's not PPS, but SMPPS I believe, ABCPool.co

Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:02:45 AM

It's not PPS, but SMPPS I believe, ABCPool.co

ABCPool.co is straight PPS.  0% fee.
bittenbob

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:06:51 AM

ABCPool is reg closed.. I thought about joining it the other day.
likuidxd

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:12:23 AM

ABCPool is reg closed.. I thought about joining it the other day.

Just clicked on the reg link and it looks open still

http://www.abcpool.co/register.php

bittenbob

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:17:14 AM

ahh was closed just a couple of days ago.

Thanks for the heads up
bittenbob

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:33:36 AM

Did the calculation on my shares submitted to deepbit and I would have made 1 more BTC at ABCPool (6.3) so I have officially made the switch. To get the 0 fee you have to manually set it though because they try to include a 4% "donation". You also have to pay the tranasction fees for transferring to your wallet which are 0.1% so not a big deal at all given that I am not paying a fee.
likuidxd

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:46:35 AM

Did the calculation on my shares submitted to deepbit and I would have made 1 more BTC at ABCPool (6.3) so I have officially made the switch. To get the 0 fee you have to manually set it though because they try to include a 4% "donation". You also have to pay the tranasction fees for transferring to your wallet which are 0.1% so not a big deal at all given that I am not paying a fee.

All 0% fee pools do this. It's not to trick you, they get most their income from donations, and it would be nice if you donated every once in a while. Also I never paid a fee when I was there on a withdraw

Eveofwar

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:48:51 AM

All 0% fee pools do this. It's not to trick you, they get most their income from donations, and it would be nice if you donated every once in a while. Also I never paid a fee when I was there on a withdraw

I think he's referring to their FAQ.

http://www.abcpool.co/faq.php#fees

What are your transaction fees?
Transaction fees for withdrawal of your balance are modelled after the default bitcoin client transaction rules. This means a default fee of 0.0005 BTC. For withdrawals below 0.2 BTC we charge 0.01 BTC.
bittenbob

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:53:15 AM

Yeah I guess I was a bit off on the percentage but its still very low. This is just the standard bitcoin network fee. This is waived by deepbit but will still amount to next than nothing in the big picture. This is my first 0% fee pool and it will be interesting to see if my shares match up with my miner now that I am at a PPS pool. Anyways if its the same number of shares showing submitted at Deepbit this will be a much more profitable pool for me.
likuidxd

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 01:59:42 AM

Transaction fees for withdrawal of your balance are modelled after the default bitcoin client transaction rules. This means a default fee of 0.0005 BTC. For withdrawals below 0.2 BTC we charge 0.01 BTC.

Guess I never looked at it close enough?

My withdraw was set at 10btc then manually transferred to 3 separate wallets. I'll go look back at that deposit wallet I guess.

Yeah I guess I was a bit off on the percentage but its still very low. This is just the standard bitcoin network fee. This is waived by deepbit but will still amount to next than nothing in the big picture. This is my first 0% fee pool and it will be interesting to see if my shares match up with my miner now that I am at a PPS pool. Anyways if its the same number of shares showing submitted at Deepbit this will be a much more profitable pool for me.

From my experience; at my lower hashrates, PPS was always better

Eveofwar

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 02:01:50 AM

Guess I never looked at it close enough?

My withdraw was set at 10btc then manually transferred to 3 separate wallets. I'll go look back at that deposit wallet I guess.

It's really negligible for some, but for someone who only has 100 Mh/s, it may take them a while to accumulate that 0.2 Tongue
bittenbob

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 02:12:38 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2011, 04:46:24 AM by bittenbob

I have 410 Mhash/s (even though ABC is showing 320) and I have 0.01 since I mentioned I made the switch.

Interestingly enough I just saw my first rejected share (not even stale) from my Ufasoft miner. There also seems to be a few minutes at least delay between when my miner shows a share to when its registered on the site. I really hope this is just a delay. Has anyone else experienced rejected shares before and what does that even mean?

[Edit]

Rejected is what the miner said that can mean stale or invalid. I got an invalid which I have never seen show up on other sites. I have since received 6 invalid and 35 stale. I suspect this is a high number of invalid. Can anyone confirm?
likuidxd

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 02:21:48 AM

I have 410 Mhash/s (even though ABC is showing 320) and I have 0.01 since I mentioned I made the switch.

Interestingly enough I just saw my first rejected share (not even stale) from my Ufasoft miner. There also seems to be a few minutes at least delay between when my miner shows a share to when its registered on the site. I really hope this is just a delay. Has anyone else experienced rejected shares before and what does that even mean?

Hash rate will be different between the miner and the site. The miner is real time, whereas the site is average shares submitted.

Same goes for the delay in what you see on the site as submitted shares and what your display on the miner reads.

Your rejected share is probably a share submitted after a block was solved. This still happens with LP enabled, just not as frequently.

bittenbob

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 02:30:02 AM

Hash rate will be different between the miner and the site. The miner is real time, whereas the site is average shares submitted.

Same goes for the delay in what you see on the site as submitted shares and what your display on the miner reads.

Your rejected share is probably a share submitted after a block was solved. This still happens with LP enabled, just not as frequently.

Hmm another rejected share on my Ufasoft (CPU) miner. So far 2 out of 18 rejected shares which is much higher than I have ever gotten at Deepbit. Maybe I will be better off to do my CPU mining at Deepbit (19Mhash) and GPU mining at ABCPool (389Mhash)? Im going to keep it running for a while longer and if this continues to be a pattern I will have to switch at least that miner.
likuidxd

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 02:40:09 AM

Ah, I didn't catch that. Yea, a cpu miner will have a few invalids. You aren't CPU and GPU mining on one rig are you?

If you are I'd stop, dedicated GPU mining will give you a higher hashrate than doing both on one machine. I'd stop pcu mining altogether, not worth the >150W you're consuming

bittenbob

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 02:45:14 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2011, 03:51:50 AM by bittenbob

Ah, I didn't catch that. Yea, a cpu miner will have a few invalids. You aren't CPU and GPU mining on one rig are you?

If you are I'd stop, dedicated GPU mining will give you a higher hashrate than doing both on one machine. I'd stop pcu mining altogether, not worth the >150W you're consuming

Runing a 6 core 1090T OC'd at 3.6Ghz and a 6950 OC'd to 951Mhz Core and 830Mhz (underclocked mem). I do not pay for electricity and I dont mind the extra heat in my apartment. I am also mining with 5 cores instead of 6 using the command line Ufasoft miner since i cannot get it to run in guiminer. I get the exact same performance with 5 cpu cores than 0 as I have done some optimization. I did blow up my 600 watt PSU doing this however and am now running a 850W lol. With afterburner and custom fan profile the 6950 runs at 77C and the CPU at 53 (Corsair A50 and Arctic Cooling MX-4 paste). Also have 3 120mm intake fans and 2 140mm exhaust fans. I am not worried about power consumption but temps are important to me.

[Update]

So far with 2 hours running at the pool I have earned ~0.034 BTC

I think this is more than the Deepbit pool on average but will have to wait a day or two to find out. I would average 0.36 BTC per day at Deepbit

Also no more invalid shares so I just think I had really bad luck for some reason. I will be sticking with this method for the time being.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: